Goalies handballing it.

I had that, actually in my first ever match in the demo of FM09. It was excellent. If I remember he dived to catch the ball and his momentum carried him outside of the area. It's just another of those little touches that add to the ME, especially when games such as FIFA or PES either "glue" the player inside the 18-yard box so that if his momentum would carry him out for a corner, outside the box e.t.c. he just stays so that the ball is perfectly on the line.. or make it so that if the player's momentum would carry him out of the box he automatically drops the ball.

Hand ball by a keeper outside the box isn't always a sending off offence, it's only a red card when (in the referee's opinion) the keeper denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by handball and is therefore dismissed.

Only this is, one referee's interpretation of "obvious goalscoring opportunity" is different from another referee's, so it may be for that reason that the game classes at dubious.

Its only happened once on 09. Brad Friedel's momentum carried him outside the box whilst he was collecting the ball. He got a red card which i thought was harsh as there wasnt really anyone near him and i thought a yellow may have been fairer. I didnt moan at the time though as he was in goal for the opposition. Humility is a trait of mine, as long as i win! :D

Hand ball by a keeper outside the box isn't always a sending off offence, it's only a red card when (in the referee's opinion) the keeper denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by handball and is therefore dismissed.

Only this is, one referee's interpretation of "obvious goalscoring opportunity" is different from another referee's, so it may be for that reason that the game classes at dubious.

Correct. Putting your hands up to block a shot would be a red card. Just running a bit too far outside your box when clearing the ball from your hands would be a yellow at worst.

Archived