Stupid Player Rights

Originally posted by medievalist:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryan,,,:

I tried to sign several canadian players

This was where you started going wrong. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe icon14.gif

What club are you playing as? Might have something to do with the region you're in. Are other clubs from your league able to offer them contracts?

I'm Diagoras in the Greek B National. No, it's mainly Scottish clubs who sign them.

And why would I be going wrong. On a different game I signed Joey Melo when I ws Brightoin and he was me best player, match performance wise.

I hate to disagree but North America is a continent. Although it does encompass all the land from the south of Panama to the very top of Canada so has more than 2 countries in it.

On a more serious point have you tried looking in the bugs forum as this sounds like a bug.

No, I don't get it on any others except one's with player rights though. Oh, and retiring players.

And North America and South American and the Ca-rrib-eeeeeann and central America is just one continent called America.

North and South America are jointly called the Americas but they are seperate continents. The Carribean is just a collection of islands, and as such isn't a continent.

Here is a quote from Wikipedia.

North America is a continent in the Earth's northern hemisphere and (chiefly) western hemisphere. It is the third-largest continent in area, following Asia and Africa, and is fourth in population after Asia, Africa, and Europe.

I would still look in the bugs forum re the FM problem.

Oceania is a geographical region not a continent. It's name suggests this as it is literally 'ocean' which by the very definition of a Continent can't be a continent. I think you will find Australia is both a country and a continent. The rest of Oceania are just islands.

Where were you educated?

Originally posted by tucothetyke:

Oceania is a geographical region not a continent. It's name suggests this as it is literally 'ocean' which by the very definition of a Continent can't be a continent. I think you will find Australia is both a country and a continent. The rest of Oceania are just islands.

Where were you educated?

I think that you'll find that Oceania is in fact a continent. If your referring to Australasia as a continent in it's own right then I think that you will find that your absolutely wrong. If that were true, where would you class American Samoa and the group of islands slightly North-West of Australia that aren't the Phillipines, and even New Zealand for that matter. In Asia... I don't think so.

I think that you'll find that Oceania is in fact a continent.

Oceania is a GEOGRAPHICAL REGION not a continent. Water can not be a continent. Landmasses are continents. They are two different things.

I live in New Zealand and we are in Oceania, but Australia is the continent. They renamed THE REGION Oceania from Australasia. Australasia is a defunct term now.

Look the continents of the world up on Wikipedia (or any encyclopedia for that matter) and I think you will find thate the Earth has 7 continents. North America, South America, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia & Antarctica.

Originally posted by tucothetyke:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think that you'll find that Oceania is in fact a continent.

Oceania is a GEOGRAPHICAL REGION not a continent. Water can not be a continent. Landmasses are continents. They are two different things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not saying the Pacific Ocean or any other water bodies are in Oceania. What I'm saying is that Australia, New Zealand and all the other islands make up the continent of Oceania. I've looked up an encyclopedia and it's proved me right.

The confusion is the difference between a geographical continent, eg a land mass like Australia and what is commonly called a continent by people, eg Oceania being the continent of Australia + NZ + random island nations.

But isn't water on land itself. Next you'll be saying Anatartica isn't a continent because it's ice! Even though, the things they do in America, it migt not be there for long. God, wsn't Columbus a bastard!

Wow... I'll hold my hands up then. Australia is a continent. I honestly didn't think that I was wring on this one. But it just goes to show that there are debatable continents (North and South America being regarded as The Americas, and Europe and Asia, Eurasia). But still, I enjoyed that.

I think the moral of this topic clearly is... don't buy Canadians

To clear up, the 7 continents in the world are Europe, Africa, Asia, Australasia, North America, South America and Antarctica.

6 are habited, Antarctica isn't really unless you count researchers who temporarialy live there throughout the year.

The carribian has parts classed as North American and others South American.

New Zealand is in Australasia, so clearly Australia is not alone. Within the same continent are the likes of The Phillipines and Papua New Guinea.

Every country in the world is in a continent (or two in turkey's case for example, but never unclassified).

Panama is in fact North America i think, but i'm not sure. I think everywhere you would call centeral america is classed as North America.

The football associations are slightly different but tend to follow near enough the same pattern.

Hope this clears everything

Originally posted by Ryan,,,:

But isn't water on land itself. Next you'll be saying Anatartica isn't a continent because it's ice! Even though, the things they do in America, it migt not be there for long. God, wsn't Columbus a bastard!

There's a thing called sea level, and the land under the Ice in antarctica must be above this I suppose. It's a funny one though. To put it simply, chisel away all the ice in antarctica, and there is land above sea level, do the same in the arctic, there is simply water, as you would reach the sea before finishing chiseling

It really depends on where you live. In the swedish language, unlike the english, we have two words for continent, and one of them includes Oceania. It's also a question on where in the world you live. In some places they talk about 4 continents, others have 5, 6 or 7, and they may vary depending on where you live. In Sweden we say that there are 7 continents, Oceania being one of them. So I guess you're all right in a way. Btw why would anyone wanna buy canadian players?

Originally posted by Nilsson:

It really depends on where you live. In the swedish language, unlike the english, we have two words for continent, and one of them includes Oceania. It's also a question on where in the world you live. In some places they talk about 4 continents, others have 5, 6 or 7, and they may vary depending on where you live. In Sweden we say that there are 7 continents, Oceania being one of them. So I guess you're all right in a way. Btw why would anyone wanna buy canadian players?

Oceania is the same as Australasia I thought, not sure why they have the different names. Can't c how to divide it to 4 continents tho?

America, Eurasia, Oceana and Africa maybe?

Turkey is in Asia. Russia is politically in Europe. And some where in California is 86 meters below sea level, so is that part of any continent?

Also, I believe we have got into somekind of nerd fight! icon_biggrin.gifAmerica is just one continent! One land mass, no plate seperating them! Which didvides Europe and asia! So, one continent!

Originally posted by jimmy011087:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nilsson:

Oceania is the same as Australasia I thought, not sure why they have the different names. Can't c how to divide it to 4 continents tho?

America, Eurasia, Oceana and Africa maybe? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it's Antarctica, America, Africa-Eurasia and Australia.

Archived