English Transfers

Hey wasn't sure where to put this or if its been posted before but I was wondering what nations outside of the European Union you can sign players from when you are managing in the UK. Sometimes I want to sign a young gun from South America and not wait till he's a citizen for some other country and pay like millions but I'm not sure which countries I can get them from. Thanks

ahk, yea i remember doing that a lot in fm 08 but haven't come across it a lot in 09. my assistant is always like they won't get a work permit so i kind of don't bother but then i see stoke or someone sign the same guy

You can sign them, but they cannot play until they have obtained a work permit. To get a work permit they must have played 75% (I think) of their nations recent matches, otherwise you will ahve to send them on loan until they get the permit.

They can also be granted a permit if they are classed as "exceptional young talent" as they can't be expected to have played in 75% of international games. Ask for scout reports and they normally indicate your chances of getting a permit.

Also worth noting that some countries (eg Brazil) a player cannot leave to play in the UK before he is 18.

They can also be granted a permit if they are classed as "exceptional young talent" as they can't be expected to have played in 75% of international games. Ask for scout reports and they normally indicate your chances of getting a permit.

Also worth noting that some countries (eg Brazil) a player cannot leave to play in the UK before he is 18.

Isn't it now coded to reflect FIFA's new regulation that no under 18 can leave his country of birth (unless they're EU, of course). It used to be just Belgium and Brazil, now I think it applies everywhere non-EU (and Belgium).

Isn't it now coded to reflect FIFA's new regulation that no under 18 can leave his country of birth (unless they're EU, of course). It used to be just Belgium and Brazil, now I think it applies everywhere non-EU (and Belgium).

If Platini manages to get his way then even under 18 EU players wont be allowed to move

An EU country stopping it's players moving under 18 would be against EU law...

If their parents are "offered a job" by United, Arsenal or the like, then of course they have to move to the UK with them, and now Arsenal / United / whoever is their local club. They sign up, the club pays compensation to the old team, done.

You can sign them, but they cannot play until they have obtained a work permit. To get a work permit they must have played 75% (I think) of their nations recent matches, otherwise you will ahve to send them on loan until they get the permit.

The country has to be in the top 75 on the FIFA rankings also if the game follows real life rules (except for a coding problem I can't see why not)

The country has to be in the top 75 on the FIFA rankings also if the game follows real life rules (except for a coding problem I can't see why not)

That's right. Mark Gonzalez couldn't get a WP originally because Chile were 78th, even though he'd played 100% of their matches. When they got into the 75 in the next few months, he could.

Archived