Couldn't get a job sweeping streets

Who knows, maybe there's a legitimate reason for my rejection, but my pride is hurting and I feel like sharing my story that maybe speaks to some bad programming. So here goes : I'm in 2023 and have played a game where I started in a smaller league and worked my way up to the big clubs. I've made a habit of leaving a club whenever I've won everything with it to look for new challenges. The latest two years in the game I've won the treble with two different clubs (My last year at Chelsea and my first at FC Bayern) and have won the CL four times all in all. I'm also the manager of Denmark with whom I've won the Euro. I was out of a job after leaving Bayern, my reputation is World Class and I figure I should generally be considered something of a managing genius within the game world.

This is when I decided to change it up a bit and see what a World Class rep manager could do in the lower ranks. So I applied for a job at a newly promoted Blue Square North side and happily waited a moment for the news of how ecstatic this tiny club would be that I would actually grace them with my presence and help them out of obscurity. And got this :

34o3kib.jpg

Instead of me they opted to go for a regional reputation manager who had probably never even won at Scrabble before.

Am I nuts here or should I have been a shoo-in for that job ?

I assume the thinking is that because of your high reputation there's a good chance you'd be poached by another club soon after taking over, leaving them needing another manager.

Otherwise I have no idea.

Also, if you are managing a club at the moment, the small clubs probably can't afford the compensation payment to your current employers, so I think you should resign

P.S. I take no responsibility for the nose-diving of your career after resignation from said job ;)

The answer is probably a combination of your reputation, the vast difference in league reputations and the expected wage. This is often why you cant sell top players, even for nothing. This may not be real life but I think this how the game reflects the unlikely circumstances.

I was wondering, why is there all that red at the top your screen where your name should be?

I mean it's obvious your name is Kim Jakobsen.

:D well spotted

On topic: Indeed this is strange. Just assuming you might leave again or that you'd want to much money shouldn't stop them from at least talking to you about terms and conditions once you made the effort to apply :(

I'm also considering moving down the ranks after my second consecutive CL win and would be very disappointed if I ended up in the same situation. :(

I was wondering, why is there all that red at the top your screen where your name should be?

I mean it's obvious your name is Kim Jakobsen.

Why exactly is that obvious ?

The same day I applied for a job with Droylsden in the same division and was hired on a 200£/week salary, so apparently it wasn't just a money issue. It would be interesting, though, to know what exactly it was about me or the chairman that made him reject me. More feedback should really be available.

Why exactly is that obvious ?

The same day I applied for a job with Droylsden in the same division and was hired on a 200£/week salary, so apparently it wasn't just a money issue. It would be interesting, though, to know what exactly it was about me or the chairman that made him reject me. More feedback should really be available.

Your name is still on there I'd point it out to you but everyone will find it easily.

It's most likely wage.

Archived