Is there ever a reason not to show on to weak foot ?

Was wondering...If forcing your one-legged opponent to use his weak foot is an advantage to you, then is there ever a reason not to do so ? And if there isn't a reason to do so, why can't we set it up so that my players are automatically instructed ? I'm just asking because I'm sick of looking at each opponent individually before the match and clicking, clicking, clicking.... Thanks

im just lazy and usually just do what my assistant manager says is best for opposition instructions, unless my assistant manager doesnt give instructions, but in higher leagues I have paul mcguinness as assistant manager and he seems to know what he's on about coz I've had quite alot of success with his opposition instructions

im just lazy and usually just do what my assistant manager says is best for opposition instructions, unless my assistant manager doesnt give instructions, but in higher leagues I have paul mcguinness as assistant manager and he seems to know what he's on about coz I've had quite alot of success with his opposition instructions

Sure, but you still have to actually do it yourself, right ? There's no "make it so" button...

Was wondering...If forcing your one-legged opponent to use his weak foot is an advantage to you, then is there ever a reason not to do so ? And if there isn't a reason to do so, why can't we set it up so that my players are automatically instructed ? I'm just asking because I'm sick of looking at each opponent individually before the match and clicking, clicking, clicking.... Thanks

If the opposition are playing with strikers that don't pose much of a threat in the air to your centre backs, then you may want to think about showing them down line (normally on their strongest foot).

This works well and a tactic I often use with success.

As footynut said, it can be good to do this, in particular I try to show fullbacks onto their usually stronger foot to push them out wide, because I know most teams will struggle to beat my defence in the air. Showing them inside can be very dangerous, AI teams often seem to show my wingers onto the inside and they just usually end up rifling it in from 20 - 30 yards out.

If they're two footed, given how crazy the match engine works at times, i can just imagine my cb curling up into a ball and crying, cradling himself on the pitch despite being one of the best defenders in the world etc. I do generally tend to pick the foot that will push them away from goal, it isn't always a guaranteed success, but on a narrow pitch it does work quite well at times.

Depends really.

If anyone remembers the Champions League, Chelsea vs Barcelona and the pundits at ITV were discussing Lionel Messi and how Chelsea can approach the game tactially with Ashley Cole out injured/suspended. One of them, i can't remember who but it was an old manager, suggested it wasn't a bad idea putting a right-footed player at left-back against a left-footed Lionel Messi on the right wing. Theres actually some logic in that.

Messi naturally comes inside and tries to place his shots with his left foot because the angle is greater, he rarely crosses the ball since his right foot is weaker. So you can approach this in two ways. One way is to show Messi outside onto his weaker right foot and push him out wide and hope he tries to cross, but you'd need a left-footed fullback to tackle him properly. Another way is to let him come inside as he would do, but with a right footed left-back, there's a greater chance of tackling success.

So all in all, it depends on who the opponent is, and who's going to be tracking him.

if your defence is packed to bits then you may want to show them inside as the chances of them playing a killer ball is very unlikely and allowing them to cross would just give a player a chance to get a header at your goal or force a corner and in my experience even the likes of obafemi martins will score a header even when marked by someone like materrazi.

Its an option in the "Opposition Instructions" screen.

What I tend to find is that it gives the player plenty of space on the opposite foot. So, if the player is Strong on his weaker foot, I'm giving him uncontested dribbles, passes, and shots with that foot, and he makes me pay. I'd rather my defender play him "straight up" than gift him open looks like that.

i only show onto weaker foot if it means pushing the player to the wings.

if you show them onto weaker foot and it means they're being pushed in field then they'll just pass to someone else.

so that means i also use it if a left footed player is on the right wing and vice versa.

Archived