Ive cheated on my one true love and have started to feel guilty...

Originally posted by WIGAN!!:

pro zone is brill though!

Really? When I played it, I fealt like it was a missed oppurtunity. It could of been so good and so useful, but instead, I feel it's poorly implemented, and for the most part, fundementally useless. I definetley agree though that SI should look at something similar for future versions. If implemented correctly, it could really help those who struggle with the game.

I have cm08 once and it was a piece of garbage. really... they didm't have a holiday feature and the game movement was completely slow.

the layout wasn't impressive either.... at least SI has good fundamental look and feel to it. cm08 is just punch of features cramped together and put on screen without any level of organization.

I had CM08 and couldn't even finish a season on it. Not the worst game in the world but so far behind FM it's not true. I ended up selling it on Ebay

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

We've had a few threads slagging off CM already - it's off-topic for this forum.

However, if some people say prozone should be in FM then that's up for discussion. Could people say more about THAT feature, not CM08 generally. icon_smile.gif

icon14.gif I bought CM and it was total fart, but I didn't really play long enough to take any notice of 3D or prozone, so any further info is much appreciated.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DietSpam:

The 3d match looks *****.

icon_biggrin.gif and prozone?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it's good.

Originally posted by WizardMack:

I'm quite sure this has been mentioned somewhere else, but is there any chance of a 3d match in the new FM next season?

If you could combine the current FM08 with Fifa08 graphics during matches I think that would be quite cool.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

We have this debate every other week and it always turns nasty icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WizardMack:

I'm quite sure this has been mentioned somewhere else, but is there any chance of a 3d match in the new FM next season?

If you could combine the current FM08 with Fifa08 graphics during matches I think that would be quite cool.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

We have this debate every other week and it always turns nasty icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you effing scum. How dare you suggest 3D graphics! icon_razz.gif

Sorry, should add an on-topic point of view here:

I like Pro-Zone but my understanding is that it's a brand that FM would need to negotiate away from CM. An equivilent would be useful but they'd have to develop it from scratch. Not sure how much work that would be to ensure that it a) works and b) doesn't look anything like Pro-Zone and therefore infringe is trademark.

Originally posted by backpackant:

Sorry, should add an on-topic point of view here:

I like Pro-Zone but my understanding is that it's a brand that FM would need to negotiate away from CM. An equivilent would be useful but they'd have to develop it from scratch. Not sure how much work that would be to ensure that it a) works and b) doesn't look anything like Pro-Zone and therefore infringe is trademark.

I think fifa manager has a similar tool called the "match analysis tool". I never used it myself when I was playing it but it seemed useful and fun to play with. Too little information was given on it, could never figure out how to work it.

• 4 weeks later...

My brother plays only CM while I play only FM and we both have interesting arguments. Prozone is definitely great and it makes it easier for beginners. It helps with the matches and at that level I think SI needs some more work. However the level of detail in FM is simply not comparable. My brother cannot deal with that much depth and I tell him "CM players are wannabe managers and FM players ARE managers" We are Cameroonians and live in the US and when we play on our laptops, people think we are programming or something. What a world.

All SI need to do is have the AM's giving match analysis. After a match they should tell us what went right and what went wrong. It doesn't need to be ProZone but it is a feature that FM needs IMO.

Agree. Currently all we can know are the numbers of passes, shoots, runs, and etc. It would be more interesting and helpful if we can get in-depth analysis from assistant manager, because I do not believe every person has time to enjoy a 90 minutes match (even if the time is compressed) in the game.

So it's a system used by actual sports teams to analyse their performances, and this has been implemented in CM?

That does sound like it could be a rather impressive addition to FM. Or something like it obviously.

Correct. Looks like this. Not sure how good it is on Cm08 but it is a great idea which Fm is screaming out for.

I'd love prozone myself as a self confessed tactics geek. When a new version comes out I usually end up with folders full of screenshots and text files describing match events as I try to get to grips with tactical settings and how they affect player behaviour. A Prozone like system would be a great help for this.

Archived