Who hates the summer transfer window?

I only ask because (for me) it take a certain edge of the FM game I'm currently playing. It takes forever and a day to edit and you never know if you've done everything or missed a transfer or two, so I never bother. Don't get me wrong I still love the game, it gets better and better every year, but come June/July time I suddenly struggle to motivate myself to play it knowing that a lot of players are at a lot of different clubs. Anyone else feel the same?

yeah its annoying. I can do all prem transfers and stiff but then i dont know all lower league transfers and foreign league transfers. Obviously except ones like kaka and benzema

Yeah I'm the same. Maybe I have some strange OCD, but if I edit it I have to have every single transfer for the leagues that I'm playing, usually England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Holland and Portugal, otherwise it doesn't quite feel right.

I hate this period as well. Especially when the club you choose to play with has made alot of transfers irl.

I know what you mean. Imagine if you decided to play a game as Real Madrid now. You'd have Kaka, Ronaldo and Benzema. Thats quite a difference those 3 players would make to your side. Then you've got to take into account players stats, after watching different players from around the world, you know which players have imporved and which have got worse or not improved. Without a shadow of a doubt somebody like Frazier Campbell would have better stats now then in 2008 and Owen Hargreaves will have gotten slightly worse.

I found on the BBC website a list of all the current completed transfers http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8125943.stm but then you have the proble of do you wait or update straight away and miss out when another team makes a major signing (say Terry to City or Aguero to United).

Doesn't bother me because I don't play with 'name brand' teams so I don't have a clue really. If you are 3 seasons into a game and you are enjoying it then it don't really matter and is pretty irrelevant.

I'm updating my database every day. I use the BBC website for English and Scottish transfers and the www.betinf.com for all the European transfers. All the promotions, relegations and European qualifiers updated too. Can't wait for the bloody window to close. Im wrecked.

i love the summer transfer window.

i draw up a list of my targets based on positions i need to fill, i look to get rid of the deadwood and its a great feeling when a target of mine finally arrives at anfield after protracted negotiations with the other club.

i tend to limit myself to 3 major signings a year, unless of course i'm selling a few of my good players.

Archived