Championship Manager 2010 out September 2009‏

Championship Manager 2010 which was originally going to be called Championship Manager 2009 but was delayed for so long that they had to rename it :rolleyes:

Fair enough, previous CM's have been off the mark but this one seems like it could be better than FM. I'd rather they release a completed game than a bug filled one.

Championship Manager 2010 which was originally going to be called Championship Manager 2009 but was delayed for so long that they had to rename it :rolleyes:

Fair enough, previous CM's have been off the mark but this one seems like it could be better than FM. I'd rather they release a completed game than a bug filled one.

How do you know it will be complete and bug free?

How do you know it will be complete and bug free?

Yes, hopefully to develop it properly and not rush it out. Like a certain other football management game I can think of.

Yes, hopefully to develop it properly and not rush it out. Like a certain other football management game I can think of.

FM isn't "rushed" out, by any means.

Similarly, no matter how much time they spend working on CM (or on any game) there will still be bugs, and judging by those existing in previous CMs, even with the extra time I can't see it being a serious contender in the eyes of anyone who can look past slightly flashier graphics.

Can someone answer my main question, when is FM 2010 coming out?

If we knew, we'd answer.

If you had've taken a moment to look for the many topics on the same issue, the majority of the responses wouldn't have been rubbish. ;)

Can someone answer my main question, when is FM 2010 coming out?

When its ready.

As the last few years have been around late October/November I would say that is a fairly decent guess at this stage.

FM isn't "rushed" out, by any means.

Similarly, no matter how much time they spend working on CM (or on any game) there will still be bugs, and judging by those existing in previous CMs, even with the extra time I can't see it being a serious contender in the eyes of anyone who can look past slightly flashier graphics.

If FM wasn't rushed out, there would have been no need for a patch upon release day, would there?

Why? I hear you say?

Well because they would have taken the time to fix these issues before the game went gold. There is no reason to leave (for instance) that ridiculous injury bug in a game unless you are rushed into getting it into the stores.

How you can claim a game is not rushed out when a) it's still got huge problems after 3 patches b) we get a match engine that looks like it came from circa 2000 and c) major new bugs have been introduced into the game is beyond me.

To the OP - it will be released somewhere between September 1st and Christmas.

Archived