Strange World Player of the Year

worldplayer.jpg

teamm.jpg

bilic.jpg

My regen player Bilic for my Nantwich Town side just came 2nd in world player of the year this is despite not playing in the champions league or any other european club competition. Not only that but my team has never finished int he top half of the table in our 2 seasons in the premier league. This is pretty cool but a bit strange I cant imagine a player in real life playing for say Wigan(no offense to Wigan fans)or Sunderland that would finish second. As you can see he was also in the World Team of the Year aswell and came 2nd in European midfielder of the year, great season for the lad pity I wont be able to hold onto him for much longer and who could blame him for wanting to leave? He has been with the club for 8 seasons now and performed brilliantly in all of them.

Anyone else think its a bit strange?

Sort of reminds me of those players in mid-table who are clearly very good players but just lack that little bit of extra quality to put them in the top tier, never really getting credit for their achievements because they play for a worse team (players like Shay Given at Newcastle - he never got credit).

He looks a great player, though, and great work at getting Nantwich Town up there.

It happens - steven gerrard won the players award last season in the epl?? Only as ALL uniteds stars meant the vote split - so overrated players can get the odd award ( makes up for premiership titles i guess lol )

I dont mean to sound rude but that is not even close to the same thing. I take it you are a Man Utd fan?

What surprises me is that only players playing on Europe wins it, once I was managing a team in Brazil and also Brazil national team, I won world cup with many local players, and some players got into World Squad of the year, and at 2014 brazilian league isn't at a low lvl.

So, when the world player of the year list came there wasnt a single non-european league player on it, despite one of my players having scored 60 goals in season.

SI should work on it, Zico won FIFA world player of the year while playing on a brazilian team, why it can't happen in FM?

It happens - steven gerrard won the players award last season in the epl?? Only as ALL uniteds stars meant the vote split - so overrated players can get the odd award ( makes up for premiership titles i guess lol )

haha thats funny in light of giggs winning it.

More to the point, how have you managed to get so far with Nantwich quite so quickly?

I edited Nantwich Town into the BSN at the start of the game and loaded all players from Reunion, I then download Tylerbodes tactic. This lead to getting back to back promotions although we were in league one for 2 seasons. The only reason we won the championship was because of the strikerforce of Irineu and Manucho who destroyed teams defences although we did conceed alot of goals. We avoided relegation from the prem on the last day of the season and last year we finished 10th. If you can get good scouting knowledge then regens are the way to go you can buy some quality players for league 2 and league 1 with potential they then develope at a big rate due to playing all the time and each year they are better and better for the league you are in.

Are you implying that I cheated? That wouldnt suprise me at all on these forums.

I don' think anyone would accuse of cheating if they had read more than a couple of your posts, AcidBurn. In light of you being one of the most successful LLMers i've ever seen and everything...

Nowhere near one of the most successful, I didnt get back to back promotions like others have managed.

I think he's probably in awe more likely. Are Nantwich "normally" (ie on an unedited db) playable if you waited long enough for them to be promoted?

No they are two league below the BSS and BSN so I had to put them into the BSN as they would never have got promoted.

No I wasn't accusing you of cheating at all as your brown nosers seem to think, I was merely congratulating you!

On these forums any question of how someone achieves something is seen as an accussation of cheating as, unfortunately, it often is.

Archived