Match of the day in Fm

I am in 2018 now with FM2009 and i have to say i am losing track of all the players out there in the FM football world.

I would love if there was like a 'Match of the day' each week to show like short compilations of the games played in your season or from other countries.

anyone else would like this idea?

I've raised this as a suggestion before, but it didn't get much buy-in from the public.

Whilst it's a nice to have feature, I think the highlights reel that is there and the fact that you could technically go into every game after it's palyed and watch the key highlgihts means the information is already there.

i know but i am more talking about really watching short games like Match of the day ,like all the games in 10 min or so.

If you click on the 'View Highlights' tab, then choose 'view all' you get highlights of all the day's games shown at once.

But it kinda sucks that you have to wait load the game report for every match. And even worse is that you have to wait to load the game report of one match and after you see the highlights of the one match, the game for some reason load the game report of that same match one more time before loading the game report of the next match, at least it's like that in my saves, i don't know about other people's saves. There could be one "Match of the Day" thing where the game loads just once the highlights of every match so you can watch it without interruptions.

It would also be good to improve the news feature.

I am just saying the way its now i am losing track of all the players in the future fm world.

And i know its a technically possible too watch the games but its not very user friendly i think.

the great think with fm in the beginning is that i know all players because of tv programs like match of the day etc.

i just want a quik overview each week with highlight/goals of all the games, maybe even some highlights of the players of the week.

you can go as far with this as you want.

I am just saying the way its now i am losing track of all the players in the future fm world.

And i know its a technically possible too watch the games but its not very user friendly i think.

the great think with fm in the beginning is that i know all players because of tv programs like match of the day etc.

i just want a quik overview each week with highlight/goals of all the games, maybe even some highlights of the players of the week.

you can go as far with this as you want.

I know what you mean, I have noticed it myself since the split of the news inbox. I'm not sure a highlight package is the answer though, we have that already and I've got no intentions of ever watching it.

I think just combining the two news boxes would be enough to connect me back with the footballing world, there's enough links in the messages for me to go and look at anything I want in more detail.

Ok i get you , and for the most part with the league i am in i have enough information about it to see where the good players are and how good they are.

But lets say i wanna see more about certain south america league's then a 10 min 'watch all games' overview of all the games playes(goals etc)in a certain league would certainly help me.

I wholeheartedly agree with that. Through match of the day I know of players like Santa cruz, macheda, matt Derbyshire, danny welbeck, ect. Even mark schwarzer, on paper you can say his stats show him to be an avarage keeper and at an avarage club, but untill you see then in action you don't actually know that mark schwarzer is pretty damn good keeper. It would also be a good indicator of thier hidden stats, whether they are consistant ect.

If they put this idea in Fm2010 it would be a great help to those who maybe don't have the time or patience to rummage through scout reports of even just for fun :)

Plus it would just be cool, you only play teams twice in the leave so it would be good to see how players play against other teams.

I think that if this was introduced it would only suffer the same fate as press conferences ie repetitive and underused.

I do agree we need to know more about the world of football we are in but I'm not sure how best to do it. There are times when I feel that the only players I know are the players in my team or that I'm actively scouting. When you're lower league, that shouldn't be the case - you should still be aware of who the best player in the world is.

As has been said by others, I feel putting competition news back into the managers inbox will help bring us all back into touch with the wider football world. On FM I only really get a feel for opposition players when I play them, as I hardly ever check competition news.

It was a bad move to split the two.

I think having a 10 min highlight every week is too much.

I do think the game needs to improve at immersing you into it world. There is still way too little news about huge transfers. Even if you are the manager of a small club you would hear about these but I just end up looking at transfer history for July and August each year to see the big ones. There is also an end of season summary but I think it could be improved and it should also be much easier to skip between each country too.

Archived