Possible introduction to next years version!!!

I was playing in the champions league final last night as Man Utd and thr thought suddenly struck me that the game didnt really have the feel of a special occasion, it just felt like a normal game.

I think that it would be fantastic to have more pre match build upon these occasions,such as showing the players coming out onto the pitch and singing anthems and such just to actually make it feel like more of an occasion.

What do you think?

I was playing in the champions league final last night as Man Utd and thr thought suddenly struck me that the game didnt really have the feel of a special occasion, it just felt like a normal game.

I think that it would be fantastic to have more pre match build upon these occasions,such as showing the players coming out onto the pitch and singing anthems and such just to actually make it feel like more of an occasion.

What do you think?

yeah that would be quite good but i dont know if i would be patient enough to watch my dots stand still for 2 mins in silence or with some crackly pre match crowd noise behind them (i imagine actually sorting all the anthems would be difficult)

I dont think i would want to watch them stand around for 2 minutes either to be honest.

I think SI should introduce something to really make these games feel like they are finals or special occasions, because at the minute they just fell like any normal league game.

I share the same opinion. Even when you win it just passes by, no sort of celebration or anything apart from 4 or 5 messages in your inbox. I don't think that it should be played out on the pitch though, it would be boring after the first time. I feel it should be more media than anything. I dont really have many ideas how to implement it though so that it does feel special.

I'd also like to see it mentioned in the future more.

'The current Champions will be looking to retain their title'

or when a manager moves jobs

'The former CL winner will take over with huge expectations'

Stuff like that would make the win live long in the memory.

I'd like the see more media interaction for bigger games instead of the same thing for every game. Have the media ask you how you feel about the cup semi or the cup final, who you think will trouble you from the opposition, what sort of an atmosphere you expect etc. Then after the game you could be asked where you felt the game was won/lost, pivotal moments, key players etc.

Would be much better than being asked the same one question for every single league and cup game.

nice ideas guys, i too feel something should be different for big games, so too with 'fan days' because you never really know the difference.

A different pre/post match screen should be introduced as should different team-talk options as we all know these will differ greatly in real life.

I'd like to see more of an occassion made of cup finals - as mentioned at the moment they just feel like any other game. I'd like to see more media items involved - maybe players past and present could have their views mentioned on which way they think it will go.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by champlodge:

nice ideas guys, i too feel something should be different for big games, so too with 'fan days' because you never really know the difference.

A different pre/post match screen should be introduced as should different team-talk options as we all know these will differ greatly in real life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing with fan days is that you wouldn't get any difference in questions anyway, even IRL.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krang1987:

A possible introduction to next years game is to simply not make it rubbish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you dont like it dont play it and dont moan.icon_smile.gif

Would be quite boring watchin the dots stand for two minutes but the teams coming out and more varied news questions,even for normal matches, would be better

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krang1987:

I can moan if I want.

Umpteen patches and 08 still isn't right, but who cares ? Not SI, it's time to make 09 and rob everyone who buys it of 35 quid again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you paid 35 wuid for Fm08, you've been robbed! Just dont buy it, my friend.

I'm going to have to buy though because 08 is absolutely awful and I want to play Football Manager.

Here's hoping in 09 they won't spend time on pointless features like confidence and concentrate on getting the basic match engine to a decenct standard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your not going to have to buy anything.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sebsy:

Just play the CL music through WMP and wear a suit for the final.

It's what all sane pople do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BEST REPLY EVER

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I was playing in the champions league final last night as Man Utd and thr thought suddenly struck me that the game didnt really have the feel of a special occasion, it just felt like a normal game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it would if you managed to achieve this with a team that doesnt possess the skills of man u's quality.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sebsy:

Just play the CL music through WMP and wear a suit for the final.

It's what all sane pople do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif

And change to a Champions League skin.. I do that for all the group stage games too... icon_biggrin.gif

Archived