Does the amount of goals from corners bother you?

It didn't bother me at first, especially as I score more than I conceded. However after a while it becoms boring.

Anyone else feel that way?

Ps. If you didn't want to read another 'corner thread' then why open this one?

It'S certainly not ideal but I don't see goals from corners to an extent where it makes the game too easy. I usually score one every 3 or four matches and concede slightly less for example, so it remains balanced.

The number of goals scored by defenders from corners seems to be a bit high compared to the real thing, but I wouldn't say that it is unbalanced enough to bother me. For me 9.3.0 is the best FM experience since I started playing these games.

It doesn't bother me because I don't score many from corners. I've not changed my tactics to exploit the 'bug'.

I guess it's just lucky/unlucky that my corner settings don't exploit the corner bug.

corners don't bother me as I score nowt from direct free kicks, yet other teams can put away DFKs into double-figures each season!

think my mob have score 1 DFK in 2-3 seasons now - cannot remember the last time I saw one go in....

usually in the top 2-3 from corners, so I think the lack of DFKs balance it out somewhat....

don't see how it is a "bug" though - if you have great delivery from corners, and a tall(ish), strong player with good jumping/heading, he will get on the end of a few corners - don't score every game that way anyway!

opposition can still put in 25-30 yard screamers at will, so there has to be some comeback to that!

it did bother me having my centre backs as one of the highest goal scorers in the team. so i switched my strikers in those positions instead (challenge gk, near post etc...) that way i wasnt scoring from every corner, it just felt normal. and in the end the goals tally favored the strikers. again not scoring 40+ goals like some people can get their strikers to do, but a reasonable amount. plus the strikers were not good headers like drogba, i play as spurs so i put bent or defoe there, pavlyuchenko is tall and good in the air so he can get more than the others.

If it bothers you stop using the "challenge keeper" option. It's not rocket science.

The point is that I was using the exact same tactic I had used in 902. I've changed it now just for the sake of it although my old tactic seemed very good (even without the corner 'bug').

The amount of corners my opponents score bothers me, the amount of corners I score doesn't bother me at all apart from me wishing my wingers would just occasionally put a cross in that beats the first man so we might actually score a proper goal rather than it going behind for our 37th corner.

I'm a typical manager. Never satisfied :)

it did bother me having my centre backs as one of the highest goal scorers in the team. so i switched my strikers in those positions instead (challenge gk, near post etc...) that way i wasnt scoring from every corner, it just felt normal. and in the end the goals tally favored the strikers. again not scoring 40+ goals like some people can get their strikers to do, but a reasonable amount. plus the strikers were not good headers like drogba, i play as spurs so i put bent or defoe there, pavlyuchenko is tall and good in the air so he can get more than the others.

I think I'll do this. It will tone it down a little and make it feel less like cheating (although i agree I hardly ever manage to score from a FK).

The amount of corners my opponents score bothers me, the amount of corners I score doesn't bother me at all apart from me wishing my wingers would just occasionally put a cross in that beats the first man so we might actually score a proper goal rather than it going behind for our 37th corner.

I'm a typical manager. Never satisfied :)

The AI have just let Barcelona score a corner winner against me. Talk about timing.

Archived