8.0.2 and conceding goals

Yes and no. I think you will find that in lower leagues or even in mid-prem table your defenders are no going to be great. This can lead to a lot of conceeded goals, irrespective of your tactics.

In fact, honestly, most defenders at most teams are not very good. You can get some strong, competent players if you shop hard but overall, you won't see your 2m CB standing up to Ronaldo or Rooney very well. Even if the AI whoops your ass with Kelvin Wilson Superstar, it doesnt cut both ways ..

Also, I am noticing more that the AI has one shot, scores one goal i.e AI players seem to have unnerving accuracy in front of goal compares to my players.

Even with the tightest tactic in the world, you can't stop that.

If you are leaking loads of goals you need to get better defenders and seriously look at your tactics.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim Madisun:

No, not at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seconded.

Conceded 12 in an entire season, perfectly acceptable considering i use conservative tactics.

I've conceded a lot more since the patch, concede on average 4 goals per game to poor opposition. Still it may be down to my tactic, though i had 14 clean sheets before the patch.

Happy to change tactics and try to reeuce this, hopefully thats all thats needed.

i have the same problems...all my games end 5-4 4-3 6-4 etc now

i think SI overdid the bugfix...8.0.1 was incredible with strikers waisting chances like crazy, but this is too much..i havent had a game with less than 5 goals so far with unchanged tactics from my save game

there are especially a lot of longdistance goals and freekick goals...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mirrork:

i have the same problems...all my games end 5-4 4-3 6-4 etc now

i think SI overdid the bugfix...8.0.1 was incredible with strikers waisting chances like crazy, but this is too much..i havent had a game with less than 5 goals so far with unchanged tactics from my save game

there are especially a lot of longdistance goals and freekick goals... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then you are getting something badly wrong, I'm getting scorelines so real it's boring.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">well almost 50 % of long distance shots are in...60 % of freekicks are in... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same with me. I can understand having some of the high scoring games because of tactics, lack of skill etc., but when too many long distance shots are scored and when the goalkeepers don't move to stop a shot it gets bad. All of these problems never happened before.

I always seem to dominate but never find the target. One game vs. newcastle I had 20 shots- all off target. They weren't all hopeless shots too, I had a number of half chances and a few 1v1s. Their keeper had a 9 despite having 0 saves (?). Of course, after having 0 shots the entire game, Newcastle scored on a corner in stoppage time. It was cleared and Abdoulye Faye scored a 35 yard winner. I've never been more furious.

I'm also Ireland manager and I was playing Germany at home in an important match. I basically need to to win to have a shot at qualification so I went very attacking. They scored on a half chance from a grey player. I equalized on a terrific long shot. Their same grey player put them in front again on another half chance. I then proceeded to barrage their goal, tons of chances but their 17-year old grey keeper with poor stats continuously denied me. Kevin Doyle eventually scored on an empty net late in the second quarter. I continued to barrage their goal, but to no avail. In the 87th minute, Germany had a corner kick. I said to my friend who wanted to see how the game played that Germany would definitely score. They did, and my friend now thinks I fix the matches somehow. So I lose 3-2, I have about 8 shots on target and they have 3 shots in total- all of which were goals. I've never been so frustrated because I actually got the match tactically right; I understood how to play the match and I've never felt I've been able to do that before. Too bad superkeepers and pre-determined results ruined it.

I know there are pre-determined matches. My earlier qualifyer was away to Czech. I wanted to win so I replayed it 3 times until I did. All 3 times, one of their strikers got injured in about the time time and all 3 times the player replacing him scored from a corner. I had to settle for a draw because it was obvious the game could never let me win.

Im having real problems with lower league defending as the abilities of strikers and midfielders seem to be at a higher level, and able to punish every wrong move.

Goalkeepers are just awful at that level too, and far too easily beaten by the most pedestrian of long range shots- why does it have to be so out of kilter?

The first game I ran with this new patch (before noticed the flaw, fixed and restarted another new game) I actually kept clean sheet for 12 matches which I thought that was fascinating.

After restarting, I concede averagely 0.8 goal per match which I think it's realistic since I always play attacking. Keeping clean sheet is comfortable but it's less exciting, that's my call.

I agree that more goals make the game more exciting, and a little more realistic, which I have no problem with. But when the goals are from 25-30 yard pot shots or even regualar shots and goalkeepers make little attempt to stop them, it gets really aggrivating.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Swindon69:

I found this more of an issues when I carried on a save game after installing the patch, but not an issue on starting a new game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone else noticed this, and can confirm it / or say the contrary?

Archived