How many changes per season to your squad?

I generally go into every summer window thinking I need to sell a couple of players and replace them with better ones .......... then I end up signing 10 + players. This doesn't seem to affect harmony, but the team definitely takes a couple of months to gel, my early season form is always a bit dodgy.

I rarely make sweeping January transfers, maybe 1 or 2 if I really need to improve somewhere, but I usually don't have enough funds to make a real splash.

wow very low figures there guys. I have been Blyth for the last 5 seasons and got to league 1 which may be the reason for my high number I usually made 10 - 15 plus signings each year.

I left Blyth this year to take on a very poor staines town which i had to get rid of all but around 7 including youth reserves and first team so ended up with i would think around 20 signings. Didn't affect morale as such as i won 3 nil and 4 nil in my first two games the drew with a top team away.

Back to the original point i don't know but i make loads of signings and still get great results.

don't make too many signings especially in a short pace of time.it is bad just think it in the real life.it's the same for manager.i usually make 4-5 max new signings if ofcourse i am succesfull.if the season is bad i make 7-8 max.

In my Villa game.....

Season 1 - In: 7 players Out: 1 player

Season 2 - In: 6 players Out: 2 players

Season 3 - In: 5 players Out: 5 players

Obviously this is just my first team squad I'm taking the figures from as I generally let poor reserve/U-18 players leave on free's if they aren't up to my standard.

I do have quite a large squad but out of that squad alot of players are made available for the reserves so they stay match fit etc. I also loan out my younger/prospects players to my affiliate clubs.

well first time i played Fm 1st season with forst i finished 12th, since my 5 years save went wrong im now starting another game..

i have bought in around 10 new players, mostyl cheap ones in my first season and im currently 3rd in table and top scorers in division, my team still hasnt gelled yet, i put it down to good managment and my tactical knowlegde is better from when i first played the game..

When you play in a lower standard league (outside the big 5 countries) you need to make a lot of signings each year. Generally these will be young players/regens that your scouts think have a chance. The reason being that you cannot sign developed stars, so need to bring through your own.

I like a full 22 man squad to rotate so the initial number can depend on what was there when I got the job (as well as funding) after that I pay a lot of attention to promising reserve and youth players for the future.

In my latest game as Liverpool:

Season 1: 6 IN ---- 2 were youth players, and another who had a season in the first team before I got adequate cover and moved him to reserves to develop. He will probably make the first team proper next season (4th) the way he has developped.

----------16 OUT --- 12 of these were youth/reserve players released on free at the end of the season, during summer, 3 first team and 1 reserve sold.

Season 2: 16 IN ---- 2 direct to first team, 4 spent a year in reserves but are now in first team squad (but second choice). Most of the rest U18 scouted during first season, 3 looking like future stars, 2 more lokking very good.

----------- 26 OUT --- 4/5 first team 17 released on free, the rest decent reserves that weren't looking good enough but were worth a fee

Season 3: 5 IN ---- 1 first team, 1 reserve, 3 U18

-----------19 OUT --- 2 first team, 6 reserves, the rest released as not good enough.

I expect similar to this season for here on if the plans work, although with the 1 in being Messi, it might not be as good :D

In my current Boston Utd save I sign on average around 10 players a season. Taken them from Blue Square North to League One so far though so need to retool the team a lot as I progress through the divisions. Have progressed rather quickly via the playoffs so need to sign and let go players who aren't able to cut it. Work on a policy of trying to bring in players especially young players who are potentially good enough for the division above. Expecting that by the time I reach the Prem I'll cut down on that number by a lot. When I play as Man Utd on FM I don't make a lot of signings each year. Mostly youth players or experienced players for a season or two to fill a hole until the youth players can step up.

I'm getting to the point now where its 1 in 1 out policy, I tend to sell my players who are at their peak on high wages with players who can be better on far less wages. Cleared out my right midfielder, right back and left back in the summer, on a combined 200k a week in wages, and sold them for a collective 65m, bought a replacement for each position from scout recommendations for a total of 4.5m and only about 5k wages between the three.

Got a good central midfielder coming in during the summer who'll be better than my current first choice for just 1m, I'll be able to sell the current one for 15 - 25m and get his 62k a week off the wage bill for a player on 3k a week.

Archived