Leagues that you don't like to play

Although I live in Australia i find the A-League incredibly hard to play on FM2009. Not due to anything in the game but due to the fact of the newness of the league and the fact that two additional teams are being added next year. And potentially another 2 in the following few years.

At least if you play with the english leagues you know nothing as radical as new clubs being created is going to happen in the playable leagues.

I quite like the A-League, but there's too many mistakes in it and I don't like that the teams who are confirmed to join in the future don't join it in the game.

I hate the MLS. Too complicated for my feeble brain!

There of course was the case of the New Zealand team going bust as well and being replaced with the Wellington Phoenix

Yeah, but the Phoenix are in the game. But there's new teams joining next season and I would prefer it if they joined in FM too.

yeah I agree, my point with the new zealand team, was if say you were playing FM2006 then obviously wellington phoenix arent there.

The league is just a little unstable because its new and this makes the league hard to play in the game i reckon

To be honest, even though I'm complaining, I don't think they could make it so the new clubs join next season because they don't know the squads and can't properly research it yet. Maybe next season I will have a crack with the A-League. Tried it on FM08 with Perth Glory and quite enjoyed it, but I didn't do very well.

No neither have I to be honest. I mean even with the 2 teams in next year there is still alot of speculation they are going to throw in another two teams in the next couple of years so I don't think it will anymore playable next year

If I'm not mistaken, SI weren't allowed to add them by the A-League (or the Australian FA--whichever controls the license SI has.)

The teams will be in the game under slightly altered names, but not in the league. There's a discussion about it in the Data forum.

yeah there is that side of it. Same in the welsh league of what I remember.

Just read the thread in the data forum about the FFA not allowing SI to use the new teams names yet for the two new expansion clubx. Thats extremely poor, considering football is a growing sport over here Id have thought the FFA would be doing everything they could to encourage new fans to the sport including putting the teams into a game.

I've never managed in Ireland, but I did have a brief stint in Wales on FM08. From what I experienced, it's not much different to lower league management in England, with the exception that you can qualify for Europe!

Llangefni Town. I chose them 'cause they're from Anglesey, which is somewhere I always used to go on holiday. They're a tiny club even for Wales and it was very hard. I won one game all season and got sacked because we got relegated and the top flight is the only tier in Wales that's on FM.

They were relegated for real last season, so they're not playable on FM09.

yeah there is that side of it. Same in the welsh league of what I remember.

Just read the thread in the data forum about the FFA not allowing SI to use the new teams names yet for the two new expansion clubx. Thats extremely poor, considering football is a growing sport over here Id have thought the FFA would be doing everything they could to encourage new fans to the sport including putting the teams into a game.

Never underestimate bureaucracy working against themselves. :)

It reminds me of how SI couldn't put the Swiss hockey league in EHM because the Swiss federation didn't want to even sell the rights...

going in the opisite direction?

i one edited the 4 main english leagues on fm07 to,

fifa world super league.

fifa world league 1

fifa world league 2

fifa world league 3

& it worked on good. i hade every team across the board in it from barca to basle & i went a thew seasons in ti.

i tryed it with fm08 but it kept crashing so im thinking about doing it with 09 but its a lot of work.

however iv been hear since 2002 & i remember si saying 5years ago that thay were working on a league editor but due to the complex workings of the game it would take some time....

lol haw long do thay need, might happen next year or 2. would be nice.

The MLS is definately not for me,,dont understand the drafting system,,,nor do I have any real burning desire to learn it either.

The Argentine system looks quite confusing also with 2 competitions apertura and clausura ???

I have also been put off the italian lg,, due to the dual ownership thing with players

I still can't quite get my head around the Dutch second tier. Teams seem to qualify for the playoffs before teams above them, and I've seen teams with "Pl" next to their name even when they're outside the playoff places.

I still can't quite get my head around the Dutch second tier. Teams seem to qualify for the playoffs before teams above them, and I've seen teams with "Pl" next to their name even when they're outside the playoff places.

the Eerste Divisie is divided into six "periods" of, I believe this year, six games each, and the winner of each qualifies for the playoffs (plus the next two(?) best overall.)

Well, you can leave them in the Youth Squad, they won't play (unless there are exceptions for a certain # of over-whatever players.) If you loan them, you can use the filters to block them as well.

It does for me. I'm sure some people can play it happily, although I haven't heard of anyone who's done a long-term game in the A-League.

I have done a long term game in the A-league with the Nix on 08 & 09.

I have also managed in Ireland on fm09 and have found it fairly easy to attract players to my club and have a decent transfer budget, although I am Bohemians so not a tiny club.

I can't stand:-

The MLS - crazy draft system/no transfers (transfers are the bits I enjoy the most)

English Premier League - Played it too much as a child

French Leagues - Only place I have ever been sacked (twice no less)

I tend to gravitate towards the obscure leagues at the start and work my way up to the big European leagues before realising I hate the big leagues and starting all over again.

I tried a game with the Nix but couldn't get going (I just wanted to get the Mother Country to the top).

I watch the A-League quite alot, decent football viewing i think but playing was different.

The one league i have tried on more than one occasion for each patch release is England!!!

I just can't play there... No matter what Division or which club, I just can't keep interested in it.

Now i'm sure there'd be a few people who feel this way... Unless I'm just useless

How many seasons you done Kiwityke?

I did 8 seasons.

Me or the central coast won every single minor or major Prem in that time. Only one Premiership had a different team in the final (Melbourne I think) they lost to the Central Coast.

On an interesting a-side the All Whites (all 11 players current or former Nix players) qualified for the 2014 world cup, and won a game, first time I have ever seen this happen.

I stopped playing due to the numerous issues regarding the Champions League not working and the other little niggling bugs.

Also I seem to remember the FFA saying they didn't want to include the expansion teams due to legal difficulties, as the teams hadn't officially signed on the dotted line been announced etc.

Ohh never tried Brazil, whats the problem with that?

It's the manifestation of madness, and I've been assured that the SI version is a bit less complicated than the real! :eek:

Just a season with a 3rd tier team for example:

First half of the year is the state championships. OK.

Second is the national. You're in a group, from which you can qualify for the next phase. Then the next. Then the next. Then the next. Then the final one, and you might get promoted.

What if you don't go through the first hurdle? That means approximately 5 months of waiting and nothing to do, except for pondering on what went wrong.

:D

to be honest i rarely play in a league other than england just because i think its by far and away the best stard at each tier.

i do try and varie it.

i dont like the italian leagues, purely because of the squad sizes (to big) and it always seems to take twice as long (maybe thats just me)

i like smaller leagues had a stint in hongkong (very hard), but the one league i want to play in and cant is the japanese.

would love to start a game in japan and onto the asian champions league, but due to no japanese league i dont want to play the asian champions league at all.

It's the manifestation of madness, and I've been assured that the SI version is a bit less complicated than the real! :eek:

Just a season with a 3rd tier team for example:

First half of the year is the state championships. OK.

Second is the national. You're in a group, from which you can qualify for the next phase. Then the next. Then the next. Then the next. Then the final one, and you might get promoted.

What if you don't go through the first hurdle? That means approximately 5 months of waiting and nothing to do, except for pondering on what went wrong.

:D

One thing about that league that isnt reflected in FM is how it changes in format nearly every season. That and some of the quirky older rules (ie attendances having an influence on league position, rather than, you know, wins, losses and draws)

Ohh never tried Brazil, whats the problem with that?

Very bloody long. Many confusing regional leagues running together with the main championship.

I think their season runs from January to November. Which means only one month of off-season.

Has anyone played like the Chinese league or something obscure like that? I'd love to hear what thats like

I played in Singapore (i think) for three seasons and it was... just odd. Most of the teams have similar names so I could never remember who I was beating, there was a limited foreigners rule and i already had max number (all african and awful who i couldn't get rid of), no money and well nobody good to buy even from your own country haha.

Was fun to finish a season REALLY fast though, i did all three seasons in a day and got bored after winning it twice.

May tackle another tiny league soon, Wales was fun but lack of prize money makes it near impossible to ever be a decent club.

Archived