[TAC] TubeyTactic eVolution (9.3)

TubeyTactic eVolution 9.3

Hey :)

This is a formation I've been working on for the past 2 to 3 months, ironing out any problems that I came across and using multiple saves to experiment.

The tactic is a 4-4-2 with two deep lying central-midfielders with advanced wingers. It is very attacking but defensively sound.

As with any formation I make, I focus on free-flowing football to make the game entertaining as well as getting results.

The tactic doesn't follow any specific "rule" for tactic design but it isn't a "Diablo" - however it is by and large a "plug and play" tactic that can get you results.

Tactic Features

• Very few goals conceded from corners.
  • Constant threat to opposition from set-pieces.
  • Penalty decisions due to surges into opposition area. Similarly, plenty of free-kicks and corners.
  • Attacking and attractive football focused on wing-play.
  • A variety of goalscoring sources - central-midfielders pop up outside the area, wingers cut in and score, strikers score headers, volleys and tap-ins!
  • Defensive solidarity provided through hard-working midfielders and a uniform backline.

Requirements

GK: Just a standard, decent goalkeeper. No distribution requirements needed.

CB: Tall, bit of pace. But overall, again, just decent defenders.

Full-Backs: Bit of pace and good defensive stats. Will provide the teams crosses rather than the wingers so it's useful to have some skill with crossing a ball.

Wingers: Acceleration, Pace and Dribbling. Focus on wingers who can cause a danger running down the flanks and directly at players.

CM: Hard working and strong. Long shots would be beneficial. Can be either defensive midfield or a standard midfielder by nature.

Forwards: Pace, but can be a tall player if they have a "bit" of pace.

OI Settings

All opposition midfielders and attackers set to "WEAKER FOOT". Opposition wingers and AMC's set to "CLOSING DOWN OFTEN".

Team Talks

"For The Fans!" when at home.

"I Expect A Win" against terrible opposition.

"You Can Win This!" when away from home against an evenly matched team.

"Wish Luck" when away and heavy underdogs.

OPTIONS HARDLY EVER TO BE USED:

"Pleased" - Encourages complacency. Almost always results in a terrible second half.

"Thrilled" - The same but 10x worse. Never use this if winning. Only ever use it if holding on to a draw against a far superior opposition, but even then "Pressure is Off" is the better option.

"Encourage" - Has it's uses, but generally it makes the team nervy. It's better to use "None" most of the time.

BEST HALF-TIME OPTIONS:

"I Want To See More From You!" - Home and away this will result in a 50% increase in performance every time. Only available if you're behind.

"For the Fans!" - Only available when holding a narrow lead. Use at home to maintain performance in second half.

"You Can Win This!" - If drawing away from home, use this. Massively increased performance.

"None" - If winning by 2+ goals and none of the above are available, use this. DON'T use "Don't Let Your Performances Drop!" if you aren't winning by more than 4 goals.

Offensive Set Pieces

The tactic default is set as both centre-forwards set to "Challenge Goalkeeper". If your forwards are not 6 foot 3 inches or above, switch these settings with your centre-halves!!!

Also, put a RIGHT footer on the LEFT corners, and vice verse.

Example Results:

eVoLivorno.jpg

LIVORNO game uses "Home" tactic.

eVoJuve.jpg

JUVENTUS game used "Control" tactic.

eVoInter.jpg

INTER game used "Control" tactic.

Download

Control

Use the below tactic when playing superior teams at home, or when playing slightly weaker sides away.

eVolution Control

Home

Use the below tactic when playing sides of the same quality as your own at home, and much weaker sides away.

eVolution Home

Away

Use the below tactic away from home only against superior sides.

eVolution Away

These tactics have worked for me on 4 saved games - however due to different leagues etc. they may not work as well for you. As I say, there's no superstar tactic for FM09.

If you find anything you consider to be a beneficial change to the tactic, please post and I will post the changed tactic and give credit to who does it!

Thanks and good luck!

Tubey

This looks very interesting. There don't seem to be many 'Plug-n-Play' tactics about that are able to bring continued success.

How much success have you had using this 4-4-2?

Jungzin: It happens on occasion depending on how the opposition play. Like any tactic, it opens up some tactics oppositions employ more than others. I've had it happen with another striker - a regen called Paolucci - and with Yakubu at Everton.

Frag: It's fairly consistent. You WILL get the odd occasion where you get exposed; mainly via sides who play dominantly through the middle with no wingers (roughly once every 15-20 games) but generally you get fantastic results.

At the moment I'm tweaking the away tactic - which is not a 4-4-2 - because I'm unhappy with a few problems with the full-backs. I think I've solved them now but I'm going to run through a few games with it to make sure.

TigerJoe: Go to the FMStories forum and look at the last page of "Random Adventure - Ternana" for the side I have. Using this tactic and an earlier tactic I have posted called TubeyTactic 1.0 I have taken Ternana from Serie C to European challengers in Serie A whilst spending less than I've actually made back in transfer sales!

Pilsken: I will add teamtalks in a bit. I actually did a run down in another thread before!!!

Frag: It's fairly consistent. You WILL get the odd occasion where you get exposed; mainly via sides who play dominantly through the middle with no wingers (roughly once every 15-20 games) but generally you get fantastic results.

What formation is your AWAY tactic? Do you use it in ALL your away games?

What formation is your AWAY tactic? Do you use it in ALL your away games?

Yup pretty much. It's actually going to be a 4-4-2; I was experimenting with an alternative 4-3-1-2 but didn't work. Now tweaking the 4-4-2 away and it'll be up soon.

I posted the thread first because I know I'm a git for thinking its done and then thinking of another thing I need to fix! So it'll go up as soon as I'm happy.

The home tactic is completely done.

EDIT: The only time I don't use the Away tactic is against pretty inferior teams.

Download Available Now

Please read instructions in initial post before you try it ;) And please post feedback - positive or negative - so I can improve this tactic and any other tactics I develop. I don't claim to know everything about FM!!!

Control

Use the below tactic when playing superior teams at home, or when playing slightly weaker sides away.

eVolution Control

Home

Use the below tactic when playing sides of the same quality as your own at home, and much weaker sides away.

eVolution Home

Away

Use the below tactic away from home only against superior sides.

eVolution Away

Nice! Can you please upload a screenshot of your fixtures? :)

There's a massive story I've wrote in the FMStories section of this website - the latest season (on the last page 2015/16) has detailed analysis of every game I've played using the formation. I've been using the steady set for much of the season, and I'm currently challenging for a Champions League spot with Ternana.

EDIT: Quick note, I'm not 100% confident on the "Away" tactic in particular. If anyone sees any way of improving it let me know and I'll credit the entire tactic to you if it works. I've struggled with it badly!!!

Hooligan: I use something called "Tug's Training" schedule but I can't remember where you download it.

A 175 cm striker is small but yes, can be used. Just make sure you untick "Challenge GK" for corners and give it to your tallest player instead.

Hehe well there you go! Although not exactly top competition to be fair.

Let me know when you break into the proper season and some Serie A games - also, let me know what you think of the style of play :)

love the style of play the team scores some AMAZING GOALS and i love that this is the first tactic that the defenders dnot score 20 goals on corners that just makes it boring if you ask me

2-0 win agaisnt genoa pato 2 goals :) good so far

next game vs lazio

+ ronaldinho and nesta and flamini injured

bought karimi and nekounam (2 iranian players who are playing really good and nekounam already 2 goals)

could crouch play up-front?

Yep indeedy. It works with pacy players and tall players. The passing is generally mixed so either works.

DennisIran: Glad it's entertaining you! I had a centre-midfielder score a 30 yard volley before ^^ There are times you get exposed using this and I'm still trying to make it airtight, but generally you should win 80-90% of your games using this tactic set.

Key word is "should" lol.

On another note, you should have your defenders set to Challenge GK if your strikers aren't tall for the corners - but it's a minor thing. Also, try and note if you concede anything from a corner; I think I've all but stopped the way the AI nods in at the near post every game!

I've tried it in a few friendlies with Inter, just to see the kind of football that is played. I must say I'm very impressed.

I played 6 friendlies(All away) using the Control tactic in all 6. Here are my results:-

vs. Bolton - WON 3-1 (Zanetti, Cruz 2)

vs. Wigan - WON 5-3 (Cruz 3, Mancini, Ibrahimovic)

vs. M'boro - DREW 0-0

vs. Vit Setubal - WON - 3-1 (Ibrahimovic 3)

vs. R. Sociedad - WON - 3-0 (Cruz, Ibrahimovic, Muntari)

vs. Sporting - WON - 6-0 (Mancini, Cruz 2, Stankovic, Muntari, Ibrahimovic, Materazzi)

high can the striker work if he is slow, like flippio izaghi? who's pac is something like 9??

also can the center midfield function if they are are flair filled AMC?? ie. flair= 19. strength, jumping = 6??

cheers, just thinking if a manage a team whois player arne't very goood???

:D

Played 3 more games with Inter to see if the tactics work as well in competetive games. Results below:-

vs. Roma(H) - WON 2-1 (Stankovic, Ibrahimovic)

vs. Udinese(A) - WON 1-0 (Crespo)

vs. Napoli(A) - WON 4-0 (Figo, Ibrahimovic, Crespo, Zanetti)

Looks like a good set.

Frag: Excellent news! ^^ Glad its working; like ANY tactic it will eventually get cracked by the AI, but a good tactic is simply one that gets you results when you use it!

Corkey: In theory it works with any striker that is playing in a league where the standard is where he is suited to play - regardless of height, pace or technical ability. I've tested this with Macclesfield, D.C. United, Ternana and Everton - multiple divisions, continents... worked solidly :)

Mischievous: Good luck with it :) I'm actually not 100% happy with this set so, please, if you can note any improvements by all means let me know. I'm still a bit unsure on stopping crosses from in behind our full-backs in particular; and in my opinion the "Away" tactic is a mess (it works but only just!) so that needs several improvements.

So if you do note something wrong, post it - cheers ;)

Tubey, I notice in your story(which is excellent by the way) that you have reverted back to your 4-5-1/4-3-3 with the defensive midfielder. Is it the better tactic in your opinion? Also, maybe that could be used away when facing superior teams?

Mischievous: Good luck with it :) I'm actually not 100% happy with this set so, please, if you can note any improvements by all means let me know. I'm still a bit unsure on stopping crosses from in behind our full-backs in particular; and in my opinion the "Away" tactic is a mess (it works but only just!) so that needs several improvements.

So if you do note something wrong, post it - cheers ;)

I would simply try to use a mixture of the Home and Control version. Use the "Home" as a base and add a few tweaks to it, to make it a defensive and cautious away version.

• Use the Control mentality system
  • Restrict t-balls heavily
  • Restrict forward runs

Tubey, I notice in your story(which is excellent by the way) that you have reverted back to your 4-5-1/4-3-3 with the defensive midfielder. Is it the better tactic in your opinion? Also, maybe that could be used away when facing superior teams?

Due to a lack of confidence in the Away tactic, against superior teams I do indeed often refer back to the original TubeyTactic because it is more suited to counter-attacking play (deep midfielder, hard working wingers etc.) It probably is worth using TubeyTactic 1.0 away from home if the Away tactic in this set isn't working for you. However, I don't think it is a better tactic going forward at home overall, and it certainly isn't as effective going forward when away against weaker sides.

It's also worth noting that my Ternana side are... well... mediocre to say the least. I dramatically overachieve by finishing in the top 10!

Thanks for the story compliment ^^ I just finds it makes it "more real" for me and I enjoy the game more if I document it!

TheBetterHalf: Yep, all good suggestions. On the away tactic I've tried limiting the full backs considerably and dropping the mentality of the wingers back a notch; all that happens is we don't attack as well as usual. I will implement your suggestions each in turn and give them a shot!

I may try this as Real Madrid. But you say its okay to use CMs, even though they are in the DM position, but they (normal CMs) will play pretty bad in the DM spot, could you expand on that? Also, is it okay if we use wingers in the MR and ML slots, even though that isn't their natural position. I mean my players are still green there, but no very light green. Thanks

Corkey: I prefer a bit of strength in midfield but I'm sure it'll work fairly well regardless. I'd use the Control tactic at Home to superior sides.

Boomheadshot45: The DMCs in the formation are attack-minded. I use a mix of a standard midfielder and a defensive midfielder in the two slots. They work fine.

And yes, the formation actually suits AMR/AML players because it's very offensive down the wings.

Until he gets an "official" SS up, here is a SS of the Home tactic

72724773.th.png

deos this mean it hard to get people like lampard, scholles and anderson.... etc.

beacuse they can't play an DMC..

how would fit them in?

Tubey I just want to say that this is really working well for my Real Madrid side. I play like this: (left to right) Casillas, Ramos, Pepe, Metzelder, Marcelo, Veloso, Diarra, Srna, Robben, then Raul and Love up front or Huntelaar and RVN. But I'm just wondering, did you ever try pushing the ML and MR up to become wingers? Btw, in the league I haven't lost one game, but I did loose to Schalke away 2-0 because I didn't change tactics (I forgot lol). But I am finding it hard to keep clean sheets. I'll let the occasional one goal slip in, any idea how that might be happening. Thanks

Boomheadshot: I think any team will ship the odd goal regardless of what formation they play - you are playing in a league full of professional footballers after all! But yes, there's a problem with the set in that if you get shut out and don't score, there's no plan B - and the longer the match goes the more likely you are to concede due to fatigue (this set is lacking a Shut Up Shop regime too). I'm never 100% happy with a tactic I make and I'm sure I can improve this one in time, but for now I win the majority of games with a decent side, but suffer massive inconsistency when I use it with Ternana - especially away from home. 5-0 win, 1-0 loss, 4-1 win, 1-0 win, 1-1 draw etc. etc.

Therefore, for anyone downloading this, if it doesn't work within 5 games, bin it and go for another tactic. I've got to state this; it IS plug and play but it does depend on manager skill and utilisation of players - so it's a sort of "template" for you. But if it does work, enjoy a nearly undefeated season because if you get it rolling it's unstoppable!

Archived