A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

Yes, with the USA EJ is the target man and i was using Donoan and Rossi alongside him with Dempsey in midfield. But due to injuries i moved Demsey into attack and his performances and ratings shot right up! Keeping him there just now.

lufc1980: Glad to see it's working for you too, keep me informed. icon_wink.gif

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

andysafc-ive got delgado, jerome, e.johnson,frutos,d.bent,harewood,o`connor,haynesand mcsheffery as my forwards which combination do you think will most suit this tactic i went with mcsheffery e.jonhson and harewood last season but mcsheffery and harewood where very inconsistent(sp).

andysafc-ive got delgado, jerome, e.johnson,frutos,d.bent,harewood,o`connor,haynesand mcsheffery as my forwards which combination do you think will most suit this tactic i went with mcsheffery e.jonhson and harewood last season but mcsheffery and harewood where very inconsistent(sp).

Bent and Johnson should compliment each other but for all the others you've got i would lose them for one class signing that Sulivan been requsting.

Also, who are the back five that you are predominately using?

It's impossible to play a settled team with the USA because they ALWAYS have to withdraw players from the squad due to injuries, but as an example the defenders in my squad for the next game are...

Michael Parkhhurst, Jonathon Spector, Carlos Bocangra, Drew Moor, Steven Cherundolo, Jonathan Bornstein.

what where the stats for your squad if you can post a screenshot of your squad

Is this the stats your requesting?

bafflingmx0.png] [/url]

You can see the importance of the TM and the strikers. I used Crouch all the time alongside Defoe, Dahl Tomasson, Cisse and Kapo. If you notice the strikers scored over 70 goals between them. Dahl Tomasson is aged 32 but i don't use him every game, keeping him fresh against all the big teams.

Andysafc,

Congratulations on the Premiership Crown! When you say 'with no tweaks all season' do you include opposition instructions in that or do you do the 'show onto weaker foot' etc? If you do, what oppositions instructions do you regularly use, when do you use them and why you use them (i.e. what effect it seems to have)? Cheers.

Also, having just used your tactic for the first time, have you ever thought about trying to set up the central DC as a sort of "libero" type player so that he can act as a bit of a sweeper come DMC come DC? I reckon that could be worth looking into. That said, as you've already won the Prem with it as it is you probably don't agree! lol. But if you should per chance fancy having a tinker with that then that would be great. I'm going to have a go myself so I'll let you know. From just playing it and getting a "well deserved victory" away to Leeds on the opening day of the season I think it's a very interesting tactic. Some things that I noticed which I changed in-game were:

-I changed the DCs forward runs to mixed to give an extra simple option of a pass if needed. And also in the hope that the central DC might venture forward a little into a DMC type position.

-I changed the DCs through balls to mixed as they can occasionally play a decent ball over the top/down the flanks.

-I increased the central DC closing down by 2 notches in the hope that it again might sometimes mean that he turned into a bit of a DMC sweeper.

-I changed the FL forwards runs to mixed coz Tobias Hysen kept running offside. At the end of the game though I still had about 10 offsides, do you find this to be a problem? (Obviously again I don't mean any disrespect, it can't be that much a of a problem as you charged towards the title! lol)

-I changed the target man's long shots to rarely as Eddie Johnson kept spanking them high wide and happy.

What do you think? Thanks for your time.

Congratulations on the Premiership Crown! When you say 'with no tweaks all season' do you include opposition instructions in that or do you do the 'show onto weaker foot' etc? If you do, what oppositions instructions do you regularly use, when do you use them and why you use them (i.e. what effect it seems to have)? Cheers.

Never touched this area of the game at all. I have used it previously but i found it to inconsistant, so i leave it alone.

Bob123456: People often bring tactics on here and as the thread gets longer, you get two or three different versions added.

In my opinion this is already the finished version and my results back me up, but you should always try to enhance it in anyway you can. I go by the term "if it ain't broke then don't try to fix it".

ross21soccer: I use Matts Training Schedule.

Yeh exactly Andysafc, like I said, I didn't think you'd be too interested in changing a winning formula! lol. But I'll let you know how I get on having a tinker.

Re Matts Training Schedule - where can I get it? I've just searched this forum for it and only one result came up which needless to say didn't contain any links for it. Cheers.

just started second season not doing to well opened up with 2 wins against chelsea and west brom then drew away to man city.but the last 2 games have gone wrong lost 3-2 at home to everton after leading 2-1 and just got beat 3-0 away to arsenal not a bad performance just everything they hit went in.andysafc do you do your own teamtalks or let the assistant manager do them.my first team at the moment is

gk ustari

rb parnaby

lb matthew talor

cb z.knight

cb c.davies

cb hangeland

cm de jong

cm huddleston

fc delgado

fc e.johnson

fc d.bent

subs carroll,drenthe,frutos,mcshfeffery,haestad

do you think ive got a decent line up or what changes should i make

Originally posted by bob123456:

Cheers Wiseman, you're a star. I'm assuming I need to extract it to the 'training' folder, but I can't seem to find it, it's not with my 'tactics' etc folders. Where do I need to extract it to? Cheers.

Right street, wrong house. Stick it in the schedules folder.

Originally posted by CelticWiseman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bob123456:

Cheers Wiseman, you're a star. I'm assuming I need to extract it to the 'training' folder, but I can't seem to find it, it's not with my 'tactics' etc folders. Where do I need to extract it to? Cheers.

Right street, wrong house. Stick it in the schedules folder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Wiseman, it was right under my nose! lol. Although I've imported training schedules on previous versions this is the first time I was importing one on FM2007...although still a bit dumb lol. Thanks again.

andysafc having continued success with your formation - left Metz in France cos they were very ungrateful for what I'd done for them and for the first time went to English South Conferenceand sitting top and throught to 1st round proper of cup with Salisbury against all expectations. Was interested what training you used but was beaten to that question. However am unable to unzip Matt's Training perhaps yourself or CelticWiseman could help me with my my technical ignorance

things are going from bad to worse again.ive lost 5 out of my first 12 games and conceding goals aplenty.forwards couldnt hit a barn door.look at my squad from previous post i dont where im going wrong any advice wolud be helpful plus i lost 2-0 to the villa which is almost criminal.

16 consecutive wins for the USA now which includes winning the North Americian Gold Cup. The Americians are a strange lot though, despite that record i still have my critics in the media!

Kroshot: I'm at a loss as to what has gone wrong, maybe you need a fresh start or a change of direction.

Andy

I have played 14 games in the EPL with Aston Villa. I am still going strong. 13 Wins, 1 draw. EJ has 15 goals in 13 games. Moore has 11 goals and 12 assists. I managed to win the last game even though they are both injured. Johnson is out 2-4 weeks. Moore is out 2 months. The real test will be to see if I can compete with the crap players that I have left.

I have played 14 games in the EPL with Aston Villa. I am still going strong. 13 Wins, 1 draw. EJ has 15 goals in 13 games. Moore has 11 goals and 12 assists.

That is a fantasic record for any team in the EPL, surpassing even my own. But you will be tested now. Will it crumble? I was lucky in that my TM Peter Crouch never got injured all season!

Just approaching the new season and my target would be the European Cup. That and the FA Cup are the only trophies to have eluded me so far. Not bad to be able to say that with Sunderland and only 3 seasons played!

hello, andysafc

your tactic seems to be interesting to me. how long(season) do you play with this tactic?

Many people said after one season, computer notify our tactic and counteract.

Do you modify your tactic while matching? If you do, what attribute and How ?

Originally posted by Bruce Willmann:

Andy

I have played 14 games in the EPL with Aston Villa. I am still going strong. 13 Wins, 1 draw. EJ has 15 goals in 13 games. Moore has 11 goals and 12 assists. I managed to win the last game even though they are both injured. Johnson is out 2-4 weeks. Moore is out 2 months. The real test will be to see if I can compete with the crap players that I have left.

what squad do you use?

your tactic seems to be interesting to me. how long(season) do you play with this tactic?

Many people said after one season, computer notify our tactic and counteract.

Do you modify your tactic while matching? If you do, what attribute and How ?

If you had read the thread the answers are already there. However as it's getting longer i'll tell you briefly...

I've used this in the EPL with Sunderland for one and a half seasons. I've never needed to tweak because the tactic was designed to prevent the opponents from playing to different strengths.

But with another season approaching my board expectations are to retain the title! Maybe teams will try to approach me differently?

Doesnt matter I dont think. I find playing teams with an amazing defender such as Woodgate or Campbell marking my TM, the formation struggles. I have Iversen and E.Johnson at the moment, so may try them both as TM and swapping positions. Iversen is proving very injury prone though...

Originally posted by Bruce Willmann:

Andy

Bruce those results are fantastic!! Are you in your first season? What additions to the squad have you made? Cheers.

andy

can you explain concretly what player to be used in positions?

Is that not obvious? G/K in goal, Left Back at Left.... play ever player in the natural positions just baring in mind that you want atleast one midfielder that is good in defensive duties, although both should be considered. The centre attacker is the TM.

Andy,

I have seen some of your other stuff and it has been fantastic. So when I saw this as I am sick of tweaking I thought yes so using the FM weegie update and starting a new game with my beloved Derby I thought here we go.

So I buy a really strong CB and Eddie Johnson so I got two real target men in him and Stevie Howard. I am now in December and my league form is - Pos 20th Pld - 16 W - 2 D - 2 L - 12 For - 15 Ag - 37 Points - 8 I am 6 away from saftey and in the league cup well I won in the second round and lost in the third.

Any tips which are not retire. I will continue to struggle on till what is looking like the inevitable boot as I read earlier it sometimes takes 15 games (Does this include friendlies and cup matches) in game the date is now 2nd Dec 06 I will keep you all informed with what is looking like a train wreck turns out.

quick piece of advice Paggioram, make sure that in the list of target men that both Howard and Johnson are not there at the same time. I put Iversen and Johnson in the list but forgot that I play them both together meaning they cancelled each other out and the tactic didnt work.

Originally posted by sannyasin:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bruce Willmann:

Andy

what squad do you use? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sannysin- I started this game with the demo, so it is only England with a minimal DB. I am using the following for pretty much every game.

GK-Sorenson

RB-Mellberg

LB-Bouma

CB-Ridgewell

CB-Demerit (bought from Watford)

CB-Laursen

RM-Petrov (Hendrie)

LM-Barry

ST-Moore (injured- Angel)

TM-E. Johnson (injured- McBride)

ST- Baros

The only three players that I have purchased are EJ, McBride, Demerit. I have Armand Traore coming in January from Arsenal. I am going to try to add another player up front.

Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">andy

can you explain concretly what player to be used in positions?

Is that not obvious? G/K in goal, Left Back at Left.... play ever player in the natural positions just baring in mind that you want atleast one midfielder that is good in defensive duties, although both should be considered. The centre attacker is the TM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

eg) Defender attribute- Jumping positiong marking etc..

center forward - ( ) left/right forward - ( )

center DC-( ) right,left DC - ( ), 2MCD-( )

DR/DL - ( )

im playing ipswich and are top of the championship in january, so i must say im impressed with the progress.

i dont dominate the games, but i have the most chances in every game. so im continueing to the premierhsip!!

Update 1

RBK - ATLAS

HT: 2-1

FT: 2-1

SH: 12/6 vs 7/5

Goals: Iversen 1, Ischia 1

Virtus - RBK (Friendly)

HT: 0-1

FT: 0-6

SH: 3/0 vs 25/12

Goals: Iversen 1, Aas 2, Tettey 1, Riseth 2

RBK - Morelia

HT: 1-3

FT: 1-3

SH: 11/5 vs 11/7

Goals: Iversen 1

RBK - Botafogo

HT: 0-1

FT: 0-2

SH: 5/3 vs 16/3

Got outplayed deluxe in this. Creating zero in 2half even though i wanted more from the boys.

Comming with more...

Update 2

Folgore - RBK (F)

HT 0-4

FT 0-7

SH 4/0 vs 18/9

Goals: Kone 2, Aas 1, Ciljan 1, Riseth 2, Dorsin 1, A.Traore 1

Torino - RBK

HT: 2-0

FT: 2-1

SH: 16/3 vs 13/6

Goals Jamtfall 1.

Im trying to get used to the tactic, but im struggling.

The only player showing potential is Iversen.

I guess it takes a while...

Gonna finish the season to get a solid picture...

Im in a world league...

If you got input, feel free....

Archived