A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i most say mr andy safc, that the start in premiership has gone sky high, sitting second halfway in september and have reached group stages in the uefa cup.

will post screenies when the season has gone a little further.

looking good!!!

Original Creative Freedom Setting:

DCL:medium DC-center:medium DCR:very low (not DR,DL like fullback)

If I change like this, your tactic is not operated?

DCL:medium DC-center:very low DCR:medium

Try it the way it is but feel free to adjust as nessassery.

Pls Pls Pls help

i have downloaded ur tactic, i really want to be a lower league manager, but its not working for me !!!!!!

i did NOT mess with it at all as u say to do, my record at Bognor Regis :

pld 20

w 5

d 3

l 12

gf 24

ga 33

why isnt it working, my defenders all have pace in double figures, my tm is Jean Paul sigere ( description is "towering striker" jumping 12 heading 18 !!!!

Originally posted by sunny:

i most say mr andy safc, that the start in premiership has gone sky high, sitting second halfway in september and have reached group stages in the uefa cup.

will post screenies when the season has gone a little further.

looking good!!!

sunny, what is your team?

Originally posted by wombatwarrior:

Pls Pls Pls help

i have downloaded ur tactic, i really want to be a lower league manager, but its not working for me !!!!!!

pld 20

w 5

d 3

l 12

gf 24

ga 33

why isnt it working, my defenders all have pace in double figures, my tm is Jean Paul sigere ( description is "towering striker" jumping 12 heading 18 !!!!

For a traditional big tall target man, unfortunately on FM 07 the jumping stat is the most important, and although other stats such as heading, bravery, strength, balance are also relevant, height really isn't relevant, so it would be better to have a 5ft 10' player with 15 jumping than a 'towering striker' with 12 jumping. Same goes for centre backs. Hope that helps.

tablesofarzv0.th.png]

wanted to give you an update of how the season is going.

And as you can see, its going great!!

going into january were 2nd one point of the leader, but i dont expect to stay there.

i have a lot of youngsters in defence who are quick, but make mistakes so i give them 1-2 years and then i can be solid in the back. I have replaced three of my defenders from the promotion so i didnt expect to fly so high.

I have also made sure that i have a left footed or a man who can use both feet on the left in attack, that have helped getting more lethal in front of goals

will let you know how the season goes on and ends!!!!

thanks andy safc, my mate!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by wombatwarrior:

Pls Pls Pls help

pld 20

w 5

d 3

l 12

gf 24

ga 33

For a traditional big tall target man, unfortunately on FM 07 the jumping stat is the most important, and although other stats such as heading, bravery, strength, balance are also relevant, height really isn't relevant, so it would be better to have a 5ft 10' player with 15 jumping than a 'towering striker' with 12 jumping. Same goes for centre backs. Hope that helps.

thnx bob, will try to get a better jumper icon_smile.gif

update :

plyd 29

w 8

d 6

l 15

gf 40

ga 48

slight upturn in for, but this tactic doesnt seem to be working like andy suggests, i rarely have more shots than the opposition and so far this season have conceded 7 pens and 13 own goals !!!!!

cruisingtovictoryzu5.th.png]

amazingly enough we are still on top, 6 points a head of the next team, but i have 3 og the big4 in my last 6 matches so we will see.

many of my players are getting tired and i am experiencing now that i have i just a few good players and i do not have good cover in all places.

resultrealmadridyj0.th.png]

wanted to show you the quarter final in the uefa cup also, have previous beaten inter. so its looking good!!

I can only thank you for giving me enjoyment back into the game. Now I use your tactic which has been superb for me I can really get to grips with other aspects like player interaction. Have won conference south and FA Trophy in 1st full season unbeaten since Christmas and spent no monet at all at lowly Salisbury - bucket loads of goals. Thamks a million Andy.

Wombat Warrior - I also use Jean-Michel Sigere as target man not trying to gloat but he got 32 goals for me not the greatest finisher but wins headers, put him on near post flick ons for corners. Also he does suffer with confidence crisis, delivers when everythin's going well. Maybe it's Bognor they came btm of division. I've used this tactic fairly successfully at Metsz in France and now at Salisbury - do persevere!

cruisingtovictoryzu5.th.png]

amazingly enough we are still on top, 6 points a head of the next team, but i have 3 og the big4 in my last 6 matches so we will see.

many of my players are getting tired and i am experiencing now that i have i just a few good players and i do not have good cover in all places.

resultrealmadridyj0.th.png]

wanted to show you the quarter final in the uefa cup also, have previous beaten inter. so its looking good!!

Can I know your squad?

ok, right now i play with the following

gk: dudek

rb: steven cherundolo

lb: armand traore

dc: biser stoyanov

dc: james krause

dc: michael mancienne

Rmc: hæstad

Lmc: mathieu bodmer

rsc: danny haynes

sc: eddie johnson

lsc: rodallega

currently in my third season with birmingham.after finishing 10th and then 6th last season i am currently lying 3rd but i am about 9pts off top spot.i`m struggling at the moment though just lost 1-0 at home to fulham who where 19th.zigic seems to be my only consistant forward he has 19 goals.my team is at the moment

gk ustari

rb kelly/parnaby

lb drente/m.taylor

cb z.knight

cb m.richards

cb kompany

rcm huddlestone

lcm kallstrom

fcr delgado

fc zigic

fcl e.johnson

ive tried johnson as the target man but he doesnt score enough if you can help me get out of this slump i would be grateful.

rest of squad is-

gk-carroll

fb rajlkovic

cb martin taylor

mf haestad, de jong,sahin mumaba,ghaly,alberman,g.barnes

fc q.kirk harewood, frutos,jerome,mcheffery,d.haynes

Originally posted by rjmprospero:

I can only thank you for giving me enjoyment back into the game. Now I use your tactic which has been superb for me I can really get to grips with other aspects like player interaction. Have won conference south and FA Trophy in 1st full season unbeaten since Christmas and spent no monet at all at lowly Salisbury - bucket loads of goals. Thamks a million Andy.

Wombat Warrior - I also use Jean-Michel Sigere as target man not trying to gloat but he got 32 goals for me not the greatest finisher but wins headers, put him on near post flick ons for corners. Also he does suffer with confidence crisis, delivers when everythin's going well. Maybe it's Bognor they came btm of division. I've used this tactic fairly successfully at Metsz in France and now at Salisbury - do persevere!

LUCKY GIT !!! lol i think u r right about Bognor, they are just very bad !

Still have started second season now, and doing a little better , after 7 games am lying in 5th position.

Originally posted by kroshot:

currently in my third season with birmingham.after finishing 10th and then 6th last season i am currently lying 3rd but i am about 9pts off top spot.i`m struggling at the moment though just lost 1-0 at home to fulham who where 19th.zigic seems to be my only consistant forward he has 19 goals.my team is at the moment

gk ustari

rb kelly/parnaby

lb drente/m.taylor

cb z.knight

cb m.richards

cb kompany

rcm huddlestone

lcm kallstrom

fcr delgado

fc zigic

fcl e.johnson

ive tried johnson as the target man but he doesnt score enough if you can help me get out of this slump i would be grateful.

rest of squad is-

gk-carroll

fb rajlkovic

cb martin taylor

mf haestad, de jong,sahin mumaba,ghaly,alberman,g.barnes

fc q.kirk harewood, frutos,jerome,mcheffery,d.haynes

-dont use e.johnson as your left striker, use a left footed one.

-would also use hæstad instead of huddlestone. he is more of a working man in the midfield.

-z.knight is to slow in the defence. would have somone with at least 16+ back there. when you are playing high in the pitch, you need quick defenders

-also make sure your fullback have pace and crossing, it is lethal in my team.

hope you can use som of these advices!

want to give you an update on my season.

first i want to give an example that possesion is not vital to win games.

possesiondontmatterll0.th.png]

it is still possible to win.

the semifinal in the uefa cup went well. lost to benfica away, but took contoll in the home game.

semifinalbenficacd6.th.png]

ready for the uefa cup final!

uefacupfinaldg4.th.png]

We took the trophy! waited 27 years but it happend.

And then after 46 years the title again went to ipswich, believe it or not!

championsxf0.th.png]

winning1962kp1.th.png]

so i did it. and with no tweaking in my first season in the premiership. it has been magic!

My main problem was that i had no cover in the different positions. that will be my main issue, to strenghthen the squad.

i had an average og 1.1 conceeding. so i hope that i can get more experienced players and have som more cover in the defence.

but mainly a fantastic season!

cant wait till the next one!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dioufy_is_god:

i read the topic that dosent mean u didnt tweak

i have used the original tactic all the way!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and no tweaking what so ever!!

sunny- congrats on your amazing performance

Andy- I thought I would give an update on my season in charge of Aston Villa. I started off with 15 wins and 1 draw. Then I was hit with injuries. No Johnson, Moore or Angel. Unfortunately, it came at an awful time.

Game 17 was away at Arsenal. We started well, but couldn't maintain it for the entire game. I led 2-1 until Fabregas was brought off the bench in the 74 minute. He scored a brace in the next ten minutes to get the win.

Next up was Chelsea. Johnson was back to about 85%. I put him on the bench just in case. It was a well played game by both sides. I lost again 1-0. Johnson came on in the 72nd minute and created several chances, but we couldn't get anything by Cech.

Since then, we have won four straight, including a 4-1 thrashing of Man U. Johnson has been unbelievable. He has scored 19 in 17(1) league games.

I am still at the top of the table by 12 after 22 games.

Been away for a few days and it was great to see 'sunny' achieved the same as me - winning the EPL and UEFA Cup with a Championship side WITHOUT tweaking. icon14.gif

Of course it doesn't work with every team but it shows that it can be possible with some teams.

Andy- I thought I would give an update on my season in charge of Aston Villa. I started off with 15 wins and 1 draw. Then I was hit with injuries. No Johnson, Moore or Angel. Unfortunately, it came at an awful time.

Game 17 was away at Arsenal. We started well, but couldn't maintain it for the entire game. I led 2-1 until Fabregas was brought off the bench in the 74 minute. He scored a brace in the next ten minutes to get the win.

Next up was Chelsea. Johnson was back to about 85%. I put him on the bench just in case. It was a well played game by both sides. I lost again 1-0. Johnson came on in the 72nd minute and created several chances, but we couldn't get anything by Cech.

Since then, we have won four straight, including a 4-1 thrashing of Man U. Johnson has been unbelievable. He has scored 19 in 17(1) league games.

I am still at the top of the table by 12 after 22 games.

Did you actually win the EPL?

I would hang in there as there is still more to achieve.

Originally posted by andysafc:

Been away for a few days and it was great to see 'sunny' achieved the same as me - winning the EPL and UEFA Cup with a Championship side WITHOUT tweaking. icon14.gif

Of course it doesn't work with every team but it shows that it can be possible with some teams.

I think if a tactic is good, it must be fit all teams..

Originally posted by sannyasin:

A tactic only works if its geared to the strengths of the team, unless the tactic exploits a rule in the game, which would not happen anyway in the real game. Andy's tactic works if you have a good target man, decent centre backs and half-decent mids. Not a huge specification really. I think Andys tactic works very well and should be adopted by those not really wanting to get bogged down in tactics and just want to build a good team and get results. To produce a tactic with no tweaking needed and to achieve the results you can get with this if the right players are there, is a great feat and one which no-one else has achieved on these forums. If you dont like the tactic, try another icon14.gif

That is a crazy statement! At one time you would have got away with it but different teams have different styles of play.

IRL lots of managers are succesful at one club, move to another team and cannot achieve the same success.

If you created a good tactic with Chelsea, should the same tactic work for other teams with lesser quality players?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think if a tactic is good, it must be fit all teams..

That is a crazy statement! At one time you would have got away with it but different teams have different styles of play.

IRL lots of managers are succesful at one club, move to another team and cannot achieve the same success.

If you created a good tactic with Chelsea, should the same tactic work for other teams with lesser quality players? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats right andy!

i have tried this with liverpool and after a few matches it was clear it couldnt work. but i used it as a template and changed it to a 4123 with no wingers.

it is just on of the defenders who is moved up to dm position. works superb.

maybe that could be the solution if you get to big with sunderland or in my case - ipswich

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think if a tactic is good, it must be fit all teams..

If you created a good tactic with Chelsea, should the same tactic work for other teams with lesser quality players? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I mean even if we play big team with same tactic and set right players each position, result must be same.

just finished my third season with birmingham finished 6th after finishing 10th then 5th in the previous 2 seasons just cant seem to get into the top 4.how the hell you are winning the league in the first season i just dont know.this pre season ive decided to have a clearout with about 15 players leaving so the squad is about 22 players.my defence is looking good its improved over the seasons but i struggled to score on a regular basis only zigic who got 35 goals in all comps managed to.right this is my squad as of the enf of the season

gk

ustari

carroll

def

van borre

kompany

m.richards

z.knight

hangeland

drenthe

matthew taylor

nelson

reginiussen

parnaby

kelly

rajkovic

all these players have at least 15 for pace and acceleration.

mid

huddleston

de jong

muamba

sahin

g.barnes

haestad

att

zigic

e.johnson

delgado

q.kirk

d.haynes

i dont understand all the fuss about johnson he cant score over 15 goals a season for me his best was 13 in the first season.in the summer ive signed up nekuornam on a free adrian a sriker from deportivo and sagna from arsenal for 1.5m but i need a couple of forwards to hammer the goals in.anyway well done sunny and andysafc. if anybody can tell me how to upload a screenshot i will do

I mean even if we play big team with same tactic and set right players each position, result must be same.

Do you mean - if you take a team that this tactic has worked with (ie Sunderland, Blackburn and Ipswich) use this tactic with the same players then you should get the same success? Yes, i believe so.

But if you mean it works with Sunderland so it should work with any team in the Top 2 divisions, then i don't know.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I mean even if we play big team with same tactic and set right players each position, result must be same.

Do you mean - if you take a team that this tactic has worked with (ie Sunderland, Blackburn and Ipswich) use this tactic with the same players then you should get the same success? Yes, i believe so.

But if you mean it works with Sunderland so it should work with any team in the Top 2 divisions, then i don't know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as i said earlier, ive tried half a season with liverpool, but felt like i couldnt get the results i wanted.

so i changed it to a 4-1-2-3 with no wingers. then it worked like a charm

to have a clearout with about 15 players leaving

That looks a mistake to me especially if you've bought quite a few in. This season i only bought in Micheal Owen which meant i was starting the season with a good team understand rather than waiting a 3rd of the season for this.

the players leaving where out of contract players like frutos, harewood,jerome,vine,ghaly,van damme and a host of crap youth players.

That's ok so long as you don't bring in to many together. I try to mix it between the two transfer windows.

How is it going?

why do you think this tactic can't fit good squad team? I dont know why.

If this tactic is good for lower team, why not good for big team?

It could be, i'm not saying yes or no. I can only confirm teams that i've tested it with or other people. I can't give a deffinate yes or no on teams i haven't tried it with.

Just started getting back into it after my break.

USA have been drawn as 4th seed in a four table World Cup group along with Brazil, Turkey and Japan. The top two progress so it will be difficult as i am rank outsiders, but i remain possitive.

Archived