A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 1 Review

After being tipped by the media to be relegated i achieved promotion to the EPL after a fantastic play off final win over sunderland. Won the game 4-3. Beat coventry in the semi's 4-2 on aggregate. My overall record in the league was 46 played 20 wins 14 draws and 12 defeats finishing 6th on 74 points just 4 points off automatic promotion. Reached the quarter finals of both cups and beat premiership opposition along the way. Despite winning promotion i was 2nd in the manager of the year race but i was labelled as the overachievers of the division with the 2 best signings as well. Once again credit to andysafc for creating this tactic because if i can get barnsley promoted to the EPL after just one season with a 425k budget then anybody could get promoted with it provided you get the right players. Now for the assault on the premiership.

Andy,

OK decided I am going to start again and just would like someone to confirm that I am barking up the right tree with the type of players.

GK: Standard

FB: Pace, Acc, Tackling

CB: Pace, Heading, Tackling

CMr: A defensive minded Midfielder

CMl: Attacking creative minded Midfielder

TM: Heading, Jumping, Anticipation. Maybe height

FW: Pace, Finishing

Is this correct?

GK: Standard

FB: Pace, Acc, Tackling

CB: Pace, Heading, Tackling

CMr: A defensive minded Midfielder

CMl: Attacking creative minded Midfielder

TM: Heading, Jumping, Anticipation. Maybe height

FW: Pace, Finishing

Looks good to me accept the FW's. I rate compusure as an equal to Finishing. One without the other is not good enough.

first: sorry for my bad english because i'm not from england icon_smile.gif

andy i play with aston villa in january first season i'm first 9 points ahead of man utd.thats beautiful icon_smile.gificon_wink.gif

but in other game a play with qpr..i have 5 pacey defenders and target man with heading 17 and jumping 18..then i bought ljubijankinc pacey striker and i have another pacey too..but after 6 games i have 1W 1D 4L..i win against sunderland away but that was the first game..now i'm 22th of the table and have 4-5 first team injured players and every game minimum one player sent off..please tell me what should i do.please

gossen: What is your target for the EPL? I've no idea how they will step up that grade because with Sunderland i was able to and some good players.

I am about to hopefully copy what you have achieved with Hull. I'm in the play offs and won the 1st game away to Norwich 1-0. Could get Sunderland in the Final!!!

andy i play with aston villa in january first season i'm first 9 points ahead of man utd.thats beautiful

but in other game a play with qpr..i have 5 pacey defenders and target man with heading 17 and jumping 18..then i bought ljubijankinc pacey striker and i have another pacey too..but after 6 games i have 1W 1D 4L..i win against sunderland away but that was the first game..now i'm 22th of the table and have 4-5 first team injured players and every game minimum one player sent off..please tell me what should i do.please

Difficult for me to say. Have you bought in quite a few players just recently? Did you give them a pre season?

Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">andy i play with aston villa in january first season i'm first 9 points ahead of man utd.thats beautiful

Difficult for me to say. Have you bought in quite a few players just recently? Did you give them a pre season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i bought another striker doudin with high pace i think 18.i loaned alidaire because arsenal is my parent club i have nothing to lose.and loaned another striker haynes from ipswich he was in my first team plan but he got injured.now i have 4 injured strikers 3 of them is in the first team..really i dont have pre-season all frienlies i canceled

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i dont have pre-season all frienlies i canceled

I think you have answered your own question. Signed some players but no friendlies? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and now what??wil be the tactics good for the other games in the future..there is at least 40 games to play

gossen: What is your target for the EPL? I've no idea how they will step up that grade because with Sunderland i was able to and some good players.

I am about to hopefully copy what you have achieved with Hull. I'm in the play offs and won the 1st game away to Norwich 1-0. Could get Sunderland in the Final!!!

To be honest andy the target is just to stop up. Anything more will be a bonus. Managed to sign the following players:

GK Lukas Fabianski 650k

GK Logan Bailly 475k

DF Justin Hoyte bosman

DF Gary Naysmith 600k

DF Nils Eric Johansson bosman

DF Jonathan Evans season loan

DF Tore Reginiussen 500k

ST Emile Mpenza bosman

ST Carlos Vela season loan

Finding it very hard to attract players that i want as they just dont want to come. Got about 4.5 million left to spend and need a TM and a CM then after that just have to see how it goes. Any suggestions for a TM would be welcome but i've already tried the usual suspects ie eddie johnson but he's already moved. Thanks in advance

GK Lukas Fabianski 650k

GK Logan Bailly 475k

DF Justin Hoyte bosman

DF Gary Naysmith 600k

DF Nils Eric Johansson bosman

DF Jonathan Evans season loan

DF Tore Reginiussen 500k

ST Emile Mpenza bosman

ST Carlos Vela season loan

Looks as your being very shrewd, be interting see see if you can stay up ok.

2nd season in the Championships with Northampton... finished 17th due to defensive difficulties. Really should have been relegated, but the tactic kept me up.

This seasons tougher, no transfer funds, real low wage budget, my defensive line is Bolton Reserves (Parent Club).

Managed to sign a load of young Scandinavians though, 20 and under, pretty good too, so will be training them up.

Anyway... back to my Argentina game now... won the first friendly 3 - 0 against Brazil.

Made it to the EPL with Hull City at first attempt, but it was harder than it should have been.

We hovered betwenn 2nd and 3rd for most of the season, but when my TM got injured for 2 months we dipped. I had £2m+ available but i didn't want to waste that a player with a shelf life of only a few months. None of the players available were ones i would use in the EPL.

So i took a risk and signed Duncan Ferguson on a free til the end of the season.

Ferguson is a good TM but his injuires and suspensions caused inconsistant results and risked our promotion attempt.

It took pens in the play off Semi's and extra time in the Final against Sunderland to get through.

Maybe i should have spent the money and got automatic promotion, but the gamble means that i've got more cash and wage budget to play with.

Like gossen is doing with Barnsley i've no idea how i will do with Hull in the EPL. My target is saftey first then impove the following season.

this tactic seems good so far, not the miracle, but quite consistent.

Problems are:

-many chances, but not converted to goals

-if i'm loosing at home, AI shut up shop and I can't score

-on counterattack defence and midfield sits too deep to support attack

-problem with making attack when AI man-marks my team

Generally i'm pleased but (even if tactic claims no tweaking is needed) tweak to attact against 4-5-1 or similair would be helpfull. I tried FA on fullbacks (slightly helps), pushing mentality to full-out attack (sometimes help), playing very wide (doesn't help), pushing up tempo (doesn't help)

this tactic seems good so far, not the miracle, but quite consistent.

Problems are:

-many chances, but not converted to goals

-if i'm loosing at home, AI shut up shop and I can't score

-on counterattack defence and midfield sits too deep to support attack

-problem with making attack when AI man-marks my team

Generally i'm pleased but (even if tactic claims no tweaking is needed) tweak to attact against 4-5-1 or similair would be helpfull. I tried FA on fullbacks (slightly helps), pushing mentality to full-out attack (sometimes help), playing very wide (doesn't help), pushing up tempo (doesn't help)

What team/country are you playing in?

Are you using suitable players?

im in january in the first season with birmingham david sullivan ask for a high profile player i have a look around and find sitting in lyons reserves mathieu bodmer so i try and sign him BINGO got him for 10m over the moon with signing.currently sitting 4th at the moment semi final of league cup vs villa won first leg 3-1

team at the moment

gk gordon

rb kelly

lb quedrue

lcb pavlyuchek

cb hangeland

rcb curtis davies

cm kallstrom loan

cm bodmer

lfc mcsheffery

fc zigic

rfc bendtner

subs m.taylor,ridgwell,muamba,kapo,jerome

im in january in the first season with birmingham david sullivan ask for a high profile player i have a look around and find sitting in lyons reserves mathieu bodmer so i try and sign him BINGO got him for 10m over the moon with signing.currently sitting 4th at the moment semi final of league cup vs villa won first leg 3-1

Mathieu Bodmer is an excellent player and performs consistanly well, make sure you've got him on a long contract because he has done the buisness with Sunderland for me.

favot3.png] [/url]

Just could not get the same quality of players in that i did for Sunderland so maybe i cannot manage that level of success.

I blew my whole transfer budget of £6.5m.

Mostly i sigened the best players from the Championship level or lower with a few experienced players also.

I'm looking to use Helgulson as the TM with prolific scorers Billy Sharp and Freddy Eastwood alongside him.

I've gone for Claudio Reyna as experience in midfield. But despite the many signings ALL of them were British based so i thionk it could work.

What about you gossen? Has it worked with Barnsly or is it a constant struggle?

The bookies don't fancy my chances as they are giving 3/1 for me to win my first home game against Man City.

Ah well, here goes...

just finished my first season with birmingham and have had my best season om fm07 yet.won the carling cup beating chelsea 2-1 in the final,then ended up finishing 4th in the prem so im over the moon final stats were-

pld w d l f a pts p

38 21 6 11 70 39 69 4th

zigic top the prem goalscorers charts with 26 in the league 31 overall.hangeland,ridgewell,pavlyuchek and zigic had the top 4 ratings in the league zigic had a rating of 8.13

team at end of season

gk craig gordon

rb stephen kelly

cb curtis davies

cb kirill pavlyuchek

cb brede hangeland

lb franck quedrue

cm mathieu bodmer

cm kristofer haestad

fc lasse qvist

fc nikola zigic

fc gary mcsheffery

subs

liam ridgewell

camerone jerome

farbrice muamba

kim kallstrom (loan)

papa bouba diop

nicklas bendtner (loan)

mikael forssell

garry o`connoe

stuart parnaby

oliver kapo

so lets hope next season will good if not better thanks for a geat tactic andy.

Well Done Kroshot icon14.gif FM07 has been out 11 months and you have your best season curtiosly of my tactic!

Don't look to sign to many players, but a couple of quality players is what you want. Maybe a top striker to replace McSheffery?

Won another new trophy with Sunderland. The World Club Championship. Wasn't the hardest trophy to win, started in the semi finals with a 11-0 win and a 2-0 win over Chivas in the Final.

fm2007ec2.png] [/url]

But it is disaster for Hull. Started with a 0-3 defeat to Man City. Only one team were below us and that was Crystal Palace, played them next and lost 0-1. Could be a long, long season.

Andy, i think you done a great job.

I did a test yesterday. I played new weegie update, was newcastle, i bought cahill for midfield. I bought Hubschman and Caceres and Reginiussen for defense.

My test was: i played a four, five games with newcastle, I put Alan smith in the middle as target man, Obafema was next to him, Owen on the other side. I then go on holiday til january and i was on top of the league with 4 pts. Thats a very good sign, considering the team had injuries during the holidays.

You done a very very good job. I also noticed the tactic is global. I think this tactic beats counter attacks and perhaps knocks out AI for some good length of time. I only tried it one season and what I saw was good enough.

I had and still have a tactic that is really great, but it never kicks in til year 2 (end of), if i am lucky beginning of season 2. However, I admire your work. Well done mate!

Andy:

Started unemployed with Aberdeen and they were dead last after 14 games. Switched them straightaway to you version 1 formation. Was able to beat everyone except for Celtic. Finished 4th and also reached the final of the Scottish Cup where I lost on penalties to Celtic. In the first dozen games I tied a few and lost a few but then as you said the team started to gel. I did not buy any players and used only what I started with so I feel it was a decent test. Well done!

signings for seasons 2

caracciolo (back up for zigic)5m

billy jones (needed versatile defender)3m

steffan kiessling (replacement for bendtner)6m

bilyaletdinov (replacment for kallstrom )5.25m

all these look quality.signed caracciolo because i decided to get a backup for zigic so i could take the pressure of him so he wasnt playing every game.kiessling is from leverkusen tall pacey good movement finishing heading everything you could want in a striker can play both target man or fast striker.bilyaletdinov looks good has 9 player moves so hopefully can create loads of chances.finally billy jones looks a solid defensive prospect so lets see how it goes.

Constant struggle andy i'm afraid. Just 2 wins and 2 draws from first 14 games. Conceding at a rate of knots and the 2 wins were at home against teams who went up with me. On the plus side i'm not cut off yet so may be able to turn it round especially when the transfer window comes around. How you getting on with Hull?

Constant struggle andy i'm afraid. Just 2 wins and 2 draws from first 14 games. Conceding at a rate of knots and the 2 wins were at home against teams who went up with me. On the plus side i'm not cut off yet so may be able to turn it round especially when the transfer window comes around. How you getting on with Hull?

Well after 4 games i'm above Man Utd in the EPL!

The problem is though... they are 4th bottom and i'm 5th bottom! Just won one game and lost three. But this IS Hull City and if we survive relegation then i'll get stronger next year.

Rock bottom after 7 games and if that is not bad enough my next 4 games are against Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd and then Chelsea!

I decided to alter one thing. It's not really a tweak because i'm not touching the sliders or mentality or anything like that.

What i did was to get the two forwards (not TM) to swap positions with each other.

The next game against Liverpool finished 2-2 with both the forwards concerned scoring.

I would say this should be used especially if you are using 2 right footers.

what a terrible start to the second season players who performed superb last year now wouldnt even make my under18s on current form.played 5 games and im letting goals in all over the place.the defence remains unchanged from last season they only let in 39 goals in the league which i thought was quite good for birminham already this season ive let in 13 in 5 games/.my assistant manager says the players have a good level of understanding so i dont know whats wrong.going forward we are doing ok with zigic,caracciolo and kiessling all scoring,any ideas on whats going wrong.

Testing in Germany going great. Ass Man. said no hope of avoiding relegation, currently top of Bundesliga with Nuremburg. Aussie Josh Kennedy superb TM and Misimovic excellent AM. 100% at home without conceding lost just twice and just beat Munich. Worked OK in France too but I guess it suits certain football cultures better.

this game is taking the **** ive only won4 out of my opening 13 games drawn 4 lost 5 conceded 26 goals thats an average of 2 a game my defence is worse than the bottom 3.tihs season i wanted a cahmions league place again thats not going to happen unless my players start performing like pele,maradona,cruyff,oh well different game same **** results i will carry on just to see how bad it gets.

this game is taking the **** ive only won4 out of my opening 13 games drawn 4 lost 5 conceded 26 goals thats an average of 2 a game my defence is worse than the bottom 3.tihs season i wanted a cahmions league place again thats not going to happen unless my players start performing like pele,maradona,cruyff,oh well different game same **** results i will carry on just to see how bad it gets.

With the right approach and signings the 2nd season should show an improvement over the first, that is how it worked for me.

What a great tactic. I have always played using mny own tactics and I have also constantly stuck with my favourite team Coventry City. When I get to the permiership I always struggle. With your tactic I managed to finish 12th in my first season.

I have stuck rigidly to your guidelines with the following team.

GK Andy Lonergan

RB Matthew Taylor

LB Frank Simek

CB Kisnorbo

CB Elliot Ward

CB Clint Hill

MC Niko Kranjcar

MC Lee Johnson

FC Julius Agohowa

FC Eddie Johnson

FC Giles Barnes

Great tactic works a treat. The best result was a 4-3 win over Chelsea in only the secong game.

Got to the semi final of the league cup.

Well Done.

Yet again another assult on the Premiership with Derby and again enjoying 20th spot but only losing with a odd goal and then something happened and the results I was not expecting...

All My Target men get long term injured....

Now to most people this would be a bad thing and I would agree except this turned into a blessing not knowing where to turn step forward Rob Jones bought from a scottish club to be my sub central defender and with height of 6'7" he is becoming the greatest targetman ever. Played three with him now he has scored three and assisted 3 with a rating of 3 tens. This includes a 94th min winner at Old Trafford. So I am now 14th two points clear of 18th.

So role on January I might need to buy another target man as fall back but here is my big question as this really does concern me.

What do you look for in a Centre Half?

What a great tactic. I have always played using mny own tactics and I have also constantly stuck with my favourite team Coventry City. When I get to the permiership I always struggle. With your tactic I managed to finish 12th in my first season.

I have stuck rigidly to your guidelines with the following team.

GK Andy Lonergan

RB Matthew Taylor

LB Frank Simek

CB Kisnorbo

CB Elliot Ward

CB Clint Hill

MC Niko Kranjcar

MC Lee Johnson

FC Julius Agohowa

FC Eddie Johnson

FC Giles Barnes

Great tactic works a treat. The best result was a 4-3 win over Chelsea in only the secong game.

Got to the semi final of the league cup.

Well Done.

Yet again another assult on the Premiership with Derby and again enjoying 20th spot but only losing with a odd goal and then something happened and the results I was not expecting...

All My Target men get long term injured....

Now to most people this would be a bad thing and I would agree except this turned into a blessing not knowing where to turn step forward Rob Jones bought from a scottish club to be my sub central defender and with height of 6'7" he is becoming the greatest targetman ever. Played three with him now he has scored three and assisted 3 with a rating of 3 tens. This includes a 94th min winner at Old Trafford. So I am now 14th two points clear of 18th.

So role on January I might need to buy another target man as fall back but here is my big question as this really does concern me.

What do you look for in a Centre Half?

I think the difference between the tactic working or not can come down to the players used. Even just one player can make the difference as Paggioram has shown. You can get who you think is a good TM but then it doesn't work, but then when you change almost by accident it can work.

I know with Hull i made some mistakes with the players i bought in. Billy Sharp and Freddie Eastwood are prolific scorers outside the EPL but wern't good enough in it. With no other transfer funds availible i was doomed. Was that a fault of the tactic or myself? I think it was the latter.

coming towards the end of my second season with birmingham still struggling a bit im 8th at the moment but very inconsistnet still in the qfinal of the uefa cup (got knocked out of the cl to a last gasp kiev goal)

signings in january -

anthony gardner 1.5m

christian pander 500k

jakub blazczykowski 1.4m

emerson(real madrid)900k

alex fernandez 2.9m

any advice andy would be welcome

I agree with Andy. The main bits here are firstly the target man that has to be one of the most important things.

I also know the central defenders are key and this is now where I fall down. This is where I just need someone please Andy to give me a clue of what sort of players should be here.

I agree this tactic is awesome but becomes ordinary if the manager screws up.

Archived