A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh ****ing ******** my game has crashed cant get it to reload ****ing computer.going to have start all over again aaarrrrggghhhhhh!!!!!

You were on the verge of making a realistic challenge too! Look on the positive side and try to learn from the mistakes you made previously.

Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">above sunny said,, I can't understand why this tactic is not fit good squad teams.

anyone know reason? I'm confused.

That is football! If you try something and it doesn't work then try something else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this is assumption...

my team is Reading and I play with your tactic. I won premiersip and 2nd season,3rd season.. alwasys 1st in premiership. I get much money and buy good players. Because of increasig good players, maybe.. I can't win well anymore?

this is assumption...

my team is Reading and I play with your tactic. I won premiersip and 2nd season,3rd season.. alwasys 1st in premiership. I get much money and buy good players. Because of increasig good players, maybe.. I can't win well anymore?

Nobody should expect to win the EPL with any team including Man Utd, i would have thought that to do it even once with Reading would be a fine achievement.

Nobody should expect to win the EPL with any team including Man Utd, i would have thought that to do it even once with Reading would be a fine achievement.

That should read 'Nobody should expect to win the EPL YEAR AFTER YEAR...'

That should read 'Nobody should expect to win the EPL YEAR AFTER YEAR...'

It is just assumption. If I win epl title year after year with reading and get much money then buy good players, what happen?

I come here after the disaster of a first season in the premiership with my beloved Rams and am now second season in the championship and WOW. Andy the formation finally came good It is 16th Feb 2008 POS 2nd PLD 33 WON 22 DRN 8 LST 3 FOR 64 AG 16 PTS 74 I am only one point off Charlton who are top but 11 clear of Leicester in third.

Bad news is Eddie Johnson wanted a bigger club so I lost him however step forth a new FM hero for me as Target Man one Luke Varney. PLD 32 Goals 23 Assists 7 followed by my Midfielder Dave Jones with 12.

So Andy this formation was worth the wait I just hope it works next season hopefully back in the prem.

It is just assumption. If I win epl title year after year with reading and get much money then buy good players, what happen?

But is it not an assumption that all the top teams are also improving their squads?

I won the EPL with Sunderland so i know getting backed with £40m the next season feels good, but don't think your rivals have any less. They have bigger stadiums = more revenue.

Also i found that you can have £40m to spend but it doesn't mean the top players will join your club.

I signed Javier Saviola from Man Utd but i wasn't buying their star players just their fringe players.

Paggioram: Keep it going icon14.gif I'm sure you'll have a better go at the EPL next season than the last one.

Andy are you still playing sunderland? I wonder if tactic is going well season after season

Yes i will always continue my Sunderland game, but not as much as i would like.

I'm currently sitting 3rd in the EPL around January, not lost many games but drawn to many. Arsenal are about 9 pts ahead of me so maybe not this year. I'm still going strong in the Champions League and that remains my priorty.

As well as my Sunderland game i always try to have a 'different' challenge running. This seems to work really well with Championship teams. Sunderland, Ipswich, Derby, Leeds have all seemed to preform well through feedback, but what about a smaller Championship team?

I thought i would try it with Hull City because their own Ass Man give the team report as... "Avioding relegation is impossible without major investment."

That is a challenge i like!

It started disasterly. Lost the first 2 games conceding 8 goals and the team looked a mess.

Out the next 5 games though i drew 1 and won 4. Top six now and i haven't had a major investment in the team!!

Just an example of how hard it is compeeting with the top clubs to improve year on year.

The mid season window has just closed with Sunderland signing no one, Man Utd spent 33.5m on Goran Pendev (Lazio) and 25m on Igor Akinfeev (CSKA Moscow). They spent more in one day then my whole budget is for the season despite winning the League last season!

My brilliant time at Salisbury fading. Promotion to conference has been struggle. Nobody wants to sign or go on loan to my unglamourous team however made 3rd round of cup (0-7v Newcastle) and 14th (predicted relegation) Still a believer in tactic but dying to try my luck with it at a bigger club where I can buy the players I need.

Andy- I am still plugging away with Aston Villa. I am in first by 15 with nine games to go. I have also made it to the FA Cup semis. Not too bad for my first season. I have a shot at the double.

One tactical question about corners. Is there some reason why it is set to near post? I think I have one goal off a corner all year.

Andy- I am still plugging away with Aston Villa. I am in first by 15 with nine games to go. I have also made it to the FA Cup semis. Not too bad for my first season. I have a shot at the double.

One tactical question about corners. Is there some reason why it is set to near post? I think I have one goal off a corner all year.

Excellent icon14.gif

The corner situation needs changing to your target man or best header, you will see the difference!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Andy- I am still plugging away with Aston Villa. I am in first by 15 with nine games to go. I have also made it to the FA Cup semis. Not too bad for my first season. I have a shot at the double.

Excellent icon14.gif

The corner situation needs changing to your target man or best header, you will see the difference! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What would you suggest with Johnson? I'm not familiar enough with the game to understand all of the nuances. I thought that maybe it should be in 6 yard box, but I didn't want to tinker for fear that I would be messing something up.

What would you suggest with Johnson? I'm not familiar enough with the game to understand all of the nuances. I thought that maybe it should be in 6 yard box, but I didn't want to tinker for fear that I would be messing something up.

Put Johnson on 'near post flick'. One of your other players will already be selected for this role so make sure you change his to something else or they will cancel each other out.

Direct your corners to the near post.

bafflingje5.png] [/url]

Ok so i'm unlikely to win the EPL this time, but study some of those stats. Only two games lost, highest goalscorers. All from a tactic that i never tweak - EVER.

Also i'm through to the Qtr Finals of the Champions League.

Just wanted to give you an update of how it is going.

nearingtheendsecondseasci3.th.png]

I am struggling this year, but im not disappointed. Not tweaking ever, som it must be doing something right.

Have reached the quarter final of CL and fighting in the top.

To many draws though, but i blame that i have brought in som new players. Wanted som speed in the team, and i have problems on my right fullback. Need to bring in someone who is good enough.

Well done Sunny, 2nd in the EPL and a fantastic win in the UEFA Cup. Hope you can continue to progress.

still have 8 games left and it was the champions league!!

but 8-0 is still 8-0 in europian competition!

Andy- I won the EPL in the first season with Aston with three games to spare. I struggled down the stretch as Lohnson and Moore each got hurt again. I lost in the semis of the FA cup to Liverpool. I was ahead 2-1, but couldn't hold on, losing 3-2. Overall it was a hugely successful season.

playing with doncaster and in 15th game

lost 5 games in a row now and hammered in each

There are two reasons for this, either A) It's not suited to your team or B) your not implementing it properly. Could be wrong defenders or TM.

I've never tested i with teams from Doncasters league so i don't know. I think it works really good with teams outside the big 4 in the EPL and Championship teams.

Take a look at Sunny and what he's achieved with Ipswich. Bruce Willmann won the EPL with Aston Villa at first attempt - well done you guys!!!

just restarted a new a game with birmingham so far a bit inconsistent results so far are

spurs-away -won3-2

portsmouth-home-lost1-0

reading-away-lost3-2

blackburn-home-won2-0

newcastle-away-lost3-0(got totally hammered)

man city-home-won2-0

ive got a lot of injuries at the moment

so ive had to end up playing with hangeland or muamba as the target man as they have the best jumping and heading stats.muamba played really well against man city winning 18 out of 29 headers.players brought in are

zigic 10m

c.davies 5.5m

hangeland 1.2m

de jong 2m

speed 250k

cardenas 525k

kostadinov 120k (back up)

got haestad and danny rose coming at the start of next season

just restarted a new a game with birmingham so far a bit inconsistent results so far are

spurs-away -won3-2

portsmouth-home-lost1-0

reading-away-lost3-2

blackburn-home-won2-0

newcastle-away-lost3-0(got totally hammered)

man city-home-won2-0

How come your playing in the EPL with Birmigham in your first season?

Probably using a data update or the editor?

Maybe your aquad is out of depth and a season of stability in the Championship first would have got you going. Just my thoughts.

just an update on whats happening my game has ****ing froze again im getting sick of this so looks like another new start.who would you recommend to sign for birmingham first season in the prem please dont suggest eddie johnson i had him on a previous save and he coludnt hit a cows arse.before my game froze zigic is thwe best target man on the game he is ****ing brilliant.

who would you recommend to sign for birmingham first season in the prem please dont suggest eddie johnson i had him on a previous save and he coludnt hit a cows arse

Havn't used many TM's really, Heider Helgusson in the Championship and Peter Crouch in the EPL but you'll not get him in season 1 anyway.

decided on a heavy pre season workout ive arranged about 12 warm up games so my squad can get use to the tactic.the games are against poor oppostion so should win and get confidence up.first friendly won 4-0 vs bury cameron jerome hat trick

So second season finished and here how it went:

secondseasontotalnp3.th.png]

Not champions but still above prediction. Was predicted 5. Too many draws though and my home statitics aint good as you can see here:

secondseasonhomedg1.th.png]

Dont know what the problem is, but i had bought in three players for the first team som that could be the reason.

Allthough my away statistics is good.

secondseasonawaygt3.th.png]

Not sure what the could be the reason for this but maybe playing to high at home. But i have stuck to this and decided to never tweak this tactic. I blame that my players havent got the "team feeling" yet.

A question andy.

Do you comment the media before every match or do you do what i do and answer "no comment"?

Do you comment the media before every match or do you do what i do and answer "no comment"?

I always comment.

If i'm expected to win against a lower team i'll use against complacancy.

If i'm up against a good team, even if i'm favourites i'll choose... (.....) are a good team but we can win if we play at our best.

But try to mix it occasionally so your not saying the same thing every week.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Do you comment the media before every match or do you do what i do and answer "no comment"?

I always comment.

If i'm expected to win against a lower team i'll use against complacancy.

If i'm up against a good team, even if i'm favourites i'll choose... (.....) are a good team but we can win if we play at our best.

But try to mix it occasionally so your not saying the same thing every week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks for the anwser. i will try and be more activ with media talk.

maybe that will help in my third season in epl.

How are you doing with sunderland and hull?

bafflingnn0.png] [/url]

Ok so i didn't deserve it - I DON'T CARE! I've won the Champions League with Sunderland which is my ultimate dream! I was certain before creating this tactic that it was possible to achieve that with this game.

fm2007mn9.png] [/url]

Look at that! Only 3 defeats all season. Maybe any other season that would be enough to win the title. But credit to Arsenal as they were even better.

It was a brilliant season, at one time i was 10 points behind and yet it went right to the last game of the season. Arsenal won 9 games in a row and WE stopped their run!

Towards the end i had a striker crises, where for two games ALL my 5 first team strikers were injured. I had to play 2 reserves and a youth and one of those games was a 0-1 defeat to Chelsea. If not for that....

Got my revenge against Chelsea though knocking them out of the Champions League Semi's.

My amazing record so far...

Season 1 - Championship - 1st - Carling Cup Winners

Season 2 - EPL - 7th - UEFA Cup Winners

Season 3 - EPL - 1st - Super Cup Winners

Season 4 - EPL - 3rd - Champions League Winners

USA have been drawn as 4th seed in a four table World Cup group along with Brazil, Turkey and Japan. The top two progress so it will be difficult as i am rank outsiders, but i remain possitive.

I was slighly doubtful i could even qualify but now i've hit the close season with Sunderland it's World Cup time with the USA.

Brazil are favorites to lift the trophy and i had them in my first game!

They were getting the better of me early on but that changed when they had a man sent off 5 mins before half time. We scored the only goal of the game 5 mins before full time - 1-0.

We then beat Japan in the next game making sure of qualifying from that group regardless of the Turkey match which is still to be played.

Not bad for a team seeded 4th from 4.

HULL CITY UPDATE

If you remember i was given an assessment from my own Ass Man of 'no chance of avoiding relegation without serious investment'.

bafflingzq6.png] [/url]

Now as for the serious investment required, fair dues to the board as they made £2m available to me. But i only used about £87,000 of it on two players. Althgough i did get a couple on loan too.

I sold players to the value of £625,000 so i should have enough money if i need it.

fm2007fz0.png] [/url]

Maybe i have been a little lucky with Hull, they have a big squad, a suitible TM in Stuart Elliot at this level. Their defence is low on quality though.

But it is still a big challenge to take them into the EPL.

andysafc ive decided im not good enough for the prem with birmingham so im thinking of giving it a shot in the welsh premier dont know who with yet.what decided it was time to call it a day when i suffered two 6-1 home defeats to chelsea and villa.so see you in the welsh premier.but i`ll be back as blues on fm2008.

andysafc ive decided im not good enough for the prem with birmingham so im thinking of giving it a shot in the welsh premier dont know who with yet.what decided it was time to call it a day when i suffered two 6-1 home defeats to chelsea and villa.so see you in the welsh premier.but i`ll be back as blues on fm2008.

Why the Welsh Premier? There are lots of suitable teams within the English League. Aswell as Sunderland i'm currently giving it a go with Hull (see above).

One bit of advice i would offer you which is quite ironic as you were using Birmingham, you remind me of Barry Fry - he had loads of players but none of them were anything special.

I try to use the same team week in week out, only changing when it is forced.

im not really going to the welsh premier i said that in temper i couldnt stop my trying to get my beloved blues some sort of success.andy please dont compare me to barry my squad wasnt tha big.when barry was in charge our squad was about the size of the population of luxembourg!anyway im going to try again.andy can you post some screens of your transfers in/out with sunderland so i get a feel as to where im going wrong.looking at the original birmingham squad i know what areas need work on

1.target man-zigic is perfect for this

2.fast centre back-curtis davies is ideal

3.goalkeeper-someone like craig gordon young but talented.

4 an all round midfielder -this one im struggling with on my last save i found a player at porto an argentine with italy as second nationality ,bolatti good with all the vital stats.looking at the blues squad andy and tell me what you think.cheers SOTV

1.target man-zigic is perfect for this

2.fast centre back-curtis davies is ideal

3.goalkeeper-someone like craig gordon young but talented.

4 an all round midfielder -this one im struggling with on my last save i found a player at porto an argentine with italy as second nationality ,bolatti good with all the vital stats.looking at the blues squad andy and tell me what you think.cheers SOTV

fm2007ga2.png] [/url]

Comparing Zigic with Crouch shows many similarites, one noticeable difference is the nationality. Although it's ok to sign some forigners try not to get to many outside of Europe.

Curtis Davies is ok, but you need a complete backline of pace and tackling. Just one letting you down can ruin the tactic.

Craig Gordon would be a great signing. I've been trying to get him over the last season but even bids of 10m+ are rejected.

Archived