Football Manager Wiki

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

American National Team

The United States National Team is controlled by the United States Soccer Federation. Football has won popularity at the Unites States since 1970s and the national team has become one of the most important forces in CONCACAF and has appeared in the last five FIFA World Cups.

(more to be added later)

Isn't this it rancer?

American National Team

The United States National Team is controlled by the United States Soccer Federation. Football has won popularity at the Unites States since 1970s and the national team has become one of the most important forces in CONCACAF and has appeared in the last five FIFA World Cups.

(more to be added later)

Isn't this it rancer?

I don't remember writing that...I wouldn't have wrote the word football like I said before. Either way, time to edit that article. :D

(diff) (hist) . . Newcastle United‎; 13:59 . . (-1) . . Orion (Talk | contribs) (→Staff & Analysis: )

(diff) (hist) . . Newcastle United‎; 13:58 . . (-1) . . Orion (Talk | contribs) (→Background: )

(diff) (hist) . . N Newcastle‎; 13:57 . . (+30) . . Orion (Talk | contribs) (Redirecting to Newcastle United)

It was Orion who changed it I think, as this is taken from the log.

It was not Orion as I just checked. It was an unregistered user that removed those things.

Want me to put it back?

Yes please, he/she has changed:

In my opinion the squad could do with 5 or 6 more quality players to be considered as a top 6 contending team. The positions that need strengthening are left back, centre back, centre midfield, both wings and up front.

I feel a left back is needed as although Enrique is strong and solid, he just isn’t up to scratch technique-wise, therefore the new player should be good enough to be first choice.

Possible Targets: Manuel Pasqual (Fiorentina), Taye Taiwo (Marseille), Razvan Rat (Shakhtar)

The new centre back would provide cover and rotation for the current partnership of Coloccini and Taylor, which I believe will be a pretty good duo at the back.

Possible Targets: Christopher Samba (Blackburn), Guy Demel (HSV), Mirel Radoi (Steaua)

Centre midfield needs a creative spark, as all but one (Ignacio Gonzalez) of the current crop are more defensive minded. Therefore a creative attacking player is required here to partner one of the defensive players.

Possible Targets: Alex (Internacional), Juan Roman Riquelme (Boca), Diego Buonanotte (River), Douglas Costa (Gremio)

Cover is needed for both wings as there is no natural right winger other than Jonas, and I feel Duff isn’t good enough to cover for N’Zogbia. I would suggest bringing in a more experienced player on the left, and a younger player for the right.

Possible Targets: Alessandro Rosina (Torino), Cani (Villarreal), Juan Arango (Mallorca), Francois Clerc (Lyon), Marko Babic (Betis)

Finally I feel we need another good striker to rotate with Owen and Martins, as Viduka, in my opinion, is past it and should only be used sparingly and I don’t feel Xisco will ever become anything special. The new man should be tall, strong and good in the air, ala Adebayor at Arsenal.

Possible Targets: Stephen Ayodele Makinwa (Lazio), Kevin Doyle (Reading), Soren Larsen (Toulouse), Maroune Chamakh (Bordeaux), Marco Borriello (A.C Milan)

On the selling front, I would look to sell Cacapa, Alan Smith, Mark Viduka, and depending on your singings, also sell Damien Duff.

to

* Cacapa: Not premiership standard

* Alan Smith: Not premiership standard, Injury prone, high wages for a roation player (42k a week)

* Mark Viduka: Old, Injury Prone, High wages (60k a week)

* Damien Duff: High wages for a backup left winger (65k a week)

* Michael Owen: Injury Prone, High Wages (125k a week)

* Shola Ameobi: Not premiership standard

* Nicky Butt: Ageing, Can provide cover for 2 seasons or so.

* Geremi: Ageing, although can provide cover for another season or so.

I'd appriciate it if you could change it back. Thanks:)

No, not imo. He might have been trying to improve it.

Warnings should only be for people who set out to spam/ruin work, and I don't think this was his intention.

WHS. It's alright for me imo. I didn't lose much anyways. I only started on that article before it somehow got lost...

I left some of his edits in as well as they are good contributions in my opinion. I just put back what arsenal said above and also put back in the credits.

I've edited yours a bit, corrected grammer mistakes by the editor such as i instead of I, premiership instead of Premier League.

Small, I know. But it looks more proffesional.

Also changed the Disclaimer to something more like other pages.

Woops, I just realised that in the SI article there is already information over the split, and I just made one(well...no two thanks to someone :D) articles about it.

They were both half-articles actually and now one of them is a redirect and the other one is a half-article.

I have school tomorrow morning and I havn't slept much during the holidays, so I am going to play a bit of GTA in bed and then, to sleep.

Keep up the good work guys.

I won't be doing much work on the site over the next couple of days due to having 3 pieces of coursework, for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, but after then, I will do lots and get back to my current workload.

BTW, I expect 200 articles by Thursday :D Good luck.

Sleep? It's only 4pm. ;)

G'night rob. :D

I'll resume some editing after I finish up an essay outline and a presentation outline, which my presentation is due Wednesday, and the essay a week after. :(

Hope to finish both in the next couple hours though, leaving me time to edit my articles. :D

I've edited yours a bit, corrected grammer mistakes by the editor such as i instead of I, premiership instead of Premier League.

Yeah, but I didn't type anything so that was not me. :p

I just copied and pasted from a previous version.

Have a look at the Real Madrid article. What does everyone think of the recommended formation and line-up section?

Yeah, fine.

It's Mahamadou Diarra, tho;) Could probably shortern it to something more, normal, than Mamou.

Yeah it was Mamou Diarra in the article so I thought that was a shortened name. :D

I might not bother with it though as it does not look as good as I thought and I cannot figure out how to create a template to do it. :(

I removed the disclaimer because i don't think it belongs on a public wikipedia page where since anyone can edit it's not fair to credit just one person on it, the official wikipedia also follows this guideline.

My edits to the article were merely building upon Seans work already posted on the wiki, boldening some things to make it easier on the eyes and adding additional information and advice to readers.

I thought the article i left was a pretty neat and tidy one, i don't see why you need to add in that load of player targets as some of them were based on FM08 such as Sean saying to sell Enrique who is decent enough on FM09 and some of the advice given is flawed such as reccomending 10M+ players to buy on a 6M budget. A few more deficiences i thought are found in the reccomended formation and line up, tactical advice was given which i thought was not too helpful and of no use whatsoever (basically saying use 4-4-2 with quick direct passing) so removed.

Overall i thought the article was alot easier to read, gave good sound advice and let the reader decide on what tactics to use.

(The unregistered IP address was mine, i forgot to log in before editing again!)

Oh, and uhhh why would i deserve a warning? I won't edit anything anymore if thats what you want ;S

I removed the disclaimer because i don't think it belongs on a public wikipedia page where since anyone can edit it's not fair to credit just one person on it, the official wikipedia also follows this guideline.

My edits to the article were merely building upon Seans work already posted on the wiki, boldening some things to make it easier on the eyes and adding additional information and advice to readers.

I thought the article i left was a pretty neat and tidy one, i don't see why you need to add in that load of player targets as some of them were based on FM08 such as Sean saying to sell Enrique who is decent enough on FM09 and some of the advice given is flawed such as reccomending 10M+ players to buy on a 6M budget.

Oh, and uhhh why would i deserve a warning? I won't edit anything anymore if thats what you want ;S

No, you certainly don't deserve a warning. I'll leave this up to arsenal to respond to the rest of your post though.

This was also a thing that I wanted to bring up about the wiki before, it can cause debate so let's see what Arsenal says. :thup:

Guest josh9393

what is a 'stub'? :confused:

i was just asking because one of my articles is now a 'stub' so i wondered if there was something wrong with it.

Just thinking should the 'How to get the best out of your Assistant Manager' atricle be renamed to just 'Assistant Manager'?

I don't really mind. I suppose it could be. Move it if you like. :thup:

what is a 'stub'? :confused:

i was just asking because one of my articles is now a 'stub' so i wondered if there was something wrong with it.

A stub means it is a short article. Is it the board takeovers one you mean?

I thought the article i left was a pretty neat and tidy one, i don't see why you need to add in that load of player targets as some of them were based on FM08 such as Sean saying to sell Enrique who is decent enough on FM09 and some of the advice given is flawed such as reccomending 10M+ players to buy on a 6M budget. A few more deficiences i thought are found in the reccomended formation and line up, tactical advice was given which i thought was not too helpful and of no use whatsoever (basically saying use 4-4-2 with quick direct passing) so removed.

Overall i thought the article was alot easier to read, gave good sound advice and let the reader decide on what tactics to use.

(The unregistered IP address was mine, i forgot to log in before editing again!)

Regarding the disclaimers, a lot of the information left in was NUFCSean's. As he wrote the base to it I feel he deserves to get the credit for it. That was one of the conditions that writers agreed to when they let me use their threads, and I am going to stick to that. If I got rid of the disclaimers I would have to tell the writers, and some might not want their work there without getting credit for it. I'll edit the disclaimer now to credit you as well.

Although you might not have found the information helpful, some would. No, the tactical advice wasn't exactly developed much, but there was no need to delete it altogether. For someone who has never played as Newcastle it may have been some use, to build on. I really don't see why you would delete work because you didn't find it helpful. I don't find the youth intake page useful, because I know it. That doesn't mean I delete it, because I realise that other people might find it useful. You say you wanted to let the reader to decide what tactics to use. Surely a guide is something that you get advice from, so they can read that and make their own decisions after reading it.

On Football Manager people can sell players as well as buy. Sean recommends selling 'Cacapa, Alan Smith, Mark Viduka, and depending on your singings, also sell Damien Duff', which could raise £10mil potentially. There is no problem in recommending players above budget, because players can always be sold to fund it. If you feel other signings are more realistic then feel free to edit it and give some more options, but some people won't need more realistic options.

As for the Enrique part, that is Sean's opinion. Everyone has one, not everyone agree's with one. Not agreeing with one part doesn't mean you should delete the whole part of his post.

Jod has covered the warning part, so I won't repeat him.

Reading the above through, some parts could come across as slightly agressive. This was not the way it was supposed to be, so sorry if you take offense to it.

Thanks for the reply, i didn't "delete" seans work pre-se i merely reworded it so it was easier to read, changing his possible players to sell into a bullleted list i thought helped alot, By the way do you know what happened to Sean? His account isn't registered on Si forums anymore. The Enrique part he stated was based on his accounts from FM08 and may not apply to FM09. actical Advice i feel shouldn't be given unless its for a very good reason, i don't see why Sean reccomended fast pasted direct attacking as that would be reliant on the players you may buy or sell, FM tactics are very complicated and if the user takes in the advice from the wiki and it doesn't work it could leave him feeling very frustrated .

I added some info on the youth intake page at the bottom, and gave a link to the youth development page, where I will give my theories on youth development.

That is all I can do today, because of coursework etc.

I will pop in and out of the website and the forums for the next few days and do as much as i can.

Where is peterevo and some of the other contributers?

It has been a bit quite recently.

Archived