Football Manager Wiki

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're welcome, all this new tech stuff is a bit overwhelming :o

Yeah, Wikispaces was simpler. But this looks a lot better, more professional.

I've finished the Arsenal page bar a logo, can someone check it out to make sure it's alright please?

Also did a bit on the Premier League page, so I have something to link it to.

How do I enable uploading?

File uploads are an often-used feature of MediaWiki, but are disabled by default in all current release versions. To enable them, first make the upload directory (default images) writable by the web server (chmod 777 or allow the Apache user to write to it, etc.) then set $wgEnableUploads to true in LocalSettings.php (i.e. "$wgEnableUploads = true;"). See Manual:Configuring file uploads for more information.

From that it looks like only JJay will be able to change the settings for it.

What on earth did that mean.

Basically it means JJay has to change the setting from false to true in the LocalSettings file that he will have wherever he is hosting it.

Another good thing with this is we can change the skin from the few that are available to suit our individual tastes rather than one that we all want. :D

Basically it means JJay has to change the setting from false to true in the LocalSettings file that he will have wherever he is hosting it.

Another good thing with this is we can change the skin from the few that are available to suit our individual tastes rather than one that we all want. :D

I tried out all the other skins. They're just awful.

Yeah, the first thing I did was try other skins. The original is easily the best.

What do people think of the Arsenal [and now Chelsea] page? Is it alright? If so I will do more tonight.

Also, are we going to get a proper badge? The FM background looks alright, but I think it would be great if we could make our own badge for it/

We definately need our own badge. I'm sick of the FM09 one. Hopefully Neji will give us a hand, he is the master after all :cool:

I think it needs to be similar to the Sports Interactive one, could we email SI and ask them for permission to use it on it? Maybe if we put wiki in fancy writing under it, for now.

I'd prefer if we had our own unique badge tbh. But if we can't get one, then I'd have no problem using the SI logo if we had permission.

In that case best to leave it to Neji:D

Again, what do people think of the Arsenal page? I can't seem to link to it, it just comes up with the home page adress. But search for Arsenal and it somes up.

That is a link to the main page for me anyway.

I see we have a new user registered - SnootyJim. From here? :D

Go into the Premier League clubs page, click Chelsea. It will appear to be the home page's URL, but you'll actually be viewing the Chelsea page. That's what happened for me anyway.

Don't know who SnootyJim is, but he's welcome nonetheless :thup:

Go into the Premier League clubs page, click Chelsea. It will appear to be the home page's URL, but you'll actually be viewing the Chelsea page. That's what happened for me anyway.

Don't know who SnootyJim is, but he's welcome nonetheless :thup:

That did not happen for me.

I got http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/index.php?title=Chelsea

Anyway, yeah SnootyJim is welcome. Glad to have him on board. :thup:

I haven't become a member of it yet, I don't think. Can someone add me please?

Wigan is done.

You are a member as once you register you become one this wiki I think.

I would if I knew how :D How do you add people, just for future reference?

I don't think you need to. They are automatically added once they register.

And I found snooty_jim on here. He just posted in the Woman Leagues thread a while ago. Anyway as I said glad you want to contribute as well. :thup:

I don't think you need to. They are automatically added once they register.

And I found snooty_jim on here. He just posted in the Woman Leagues thread a while ago. Anyway as I said glad you want to contribute as well. :thup:

In my personal details it doesn't say anything about being part of a FM group:confused:

Member of groups: Autoconfirmed users, Users

(User group rights)

Is that right?

Ok, I registered on the new site, and transferring the MLS stuff right now.

Just one quick question. How do I insert a table?

{| border="1"

|row1 column1

|row1 column2

|row1 column3

|-

|row2 column1

|row2 column2

|row2 column3

|-

|row3 column1

|row3 column2

|row3 column3

|}

You obviously replace the row and column text with what you want in that particular cell.

And you can add in more rows and columns by following the layout. :thup:

In reference to the Club Reputation article does anyone know how to align text properly?

I want to make the figures line up properly to make it neater.

Do you want it in a table? You can make a table like I outlined above without the borders if you want.

This page will be of help to anyone who wants to use tables. :thup:

{| border="1"

|row1 column1

|row1 column2

|row1 column3

|-

|row2 column1

|row2 column2

|row2 column3

|-

|row3 column1

|row3 column2

|row3 column3

|}

You obviously replace the row and column text with what you want in that particular cell.

And you can add in more rows and columns by following the layout. :thup:

Thanks jod. Making my charts right now. :D :D

Ta, glad I could help.

There's certainly a lot less vitriol here than Wikipedia... I used to make edits there then run and hide behind the sofa ;)

I used to as well but haven't contributed for a long time. There was a lot of debate on Wikipedia. The layout of pages whether they were important to be on it in the first place and other things often caused huge debate. :D

Oh and I said earlier that you have to upload the images to use them. You actually don't. We still can't link them externally yet though as JJay has to enable that as well if we want it.

I've finished Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United(which took A LOT of work) and Wigan.

Seeing as the new Wiki has been made by all of us, should we change the introduction a bit?

At the moment it says

This Football Manager Wiki has been set up to give fans of the multi-platform management game a chance to learn things about the game, and find out all they need to know to run a succesful team.

The set-up was also largely to do with a request at the SI Forums in a thread by CaptainPlanet. We saw that the majority wanted a wiki page set up and I thought I would take it upon myself to create one.

I hope that the users who decide to create articles here will do so with utmost maturity, and will post only in subjects of which they have knowledge of.

I thought I would keep it short and sweet and let you read on about the more important things: Football Manager.

I think the second sentence needs changing a little, to give us all a little credit instead of just peter. Who fully deserves the credit, fwiw, for creating the first one.

I agree, but I think to be honest the whole front page / introduction could probably do with gutting.

Eventually it would be nice to see a structured page with various panels like you would for a typical gamewiki, and all of that type of information from above could be moved into its own 'About Wiki' page or similar.

Hence, maybe it's better to leave it for now, and wait until there's something more substantial in the way of pages whose links can then be used to populate the main page?

Archived