Another "team from scratch" challenge

Farfan is actually a good player mate. Get him if you can. Dont go on everything Bergkamp says because he will take into account the reputation of the club as well. Since its one of the best clubs in the world, it should boast of the best players in the world as well. But thats not the way we're playing it. Get Farfan if you want. He's good.

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay well thats me done for tonight, already past my bedtime, another early start tomorrow.

Made a few signings but nothing major yet, will most likely get to end of transfer window and update tomorrow, as for now I've barely advanced a week.

Got 7* coaches in all departments, 90% of them are English too, which is nice.

Decided on what I believe is the best strategy to signing players and controlling the money. £100m sounds alot but that means your paying about £3m per plater, and you have to win the league lol!

hulk.. this is genius mate... ive never played a game sticking to so much rules...

I think i'll enjoy this one a lot...

downloading now... btw... might be an idea if you could simplify the rules so that people could like copy n paste it into notepad to keep as reference rather then come on here every time...

il post my team as soon as i get it

icon14.gif

Right, sorry guys, I drifted off to sleep last night after watching the game.

liam_everton89

Yeah, I thought if I'm going to be such a big club, I might as well have good feeder clubs as well. Thats why gave us some nice ones. Since we'll have a lot of youngsters, they'll get to go to these good ones and develop. icon_smile.gif

PoopyPants

Thanx for taking it on mate. icon_smile.gif

Zellix

Only first nationality players mate. icon_smile.gif

welshace

Thanx for taking it up mate. icon_smile.gif

Yeah, I know there quite a few many rules. I'll try to simply them down and put them all in one post. Not being able to edit my own posts is a real pain in the backside though! I'll try to post all the rules and exceptions bunched together in my next post. And then when I've finalised all of them, I'll ask one of the mods to edit my first post and put it all there.

As for the English rule being stretched to British players, I did think about it. But when I sat for a little while scouting around for players, I realised that you can quite easily get then 5 required English players for the first team squad who will atleast be good enough backup at the start of the game and then become good.

Also, I didnt want people to buy too many "well known" players right from the start because the basic idea behind this was to encourage people to buy youngsters and develop them. So in a couple of seasons, if you've bought young 17 year olds, you can develop them enough so they can hold their own in the first team.

However, if you're struggling to find/buy (for a decent price) 5 English players, go ahead and get players from UK and Ireland. Just make sure that when you put all your transfers etc, you specify that in the post.

Like I said before, this is still very much experimental so if someone wants to play with the rules altered a litte, go ahead by all means. icon_smile.gif

nch

I'm uploading it now on sendspace mate. However, since I've only got a dial-up connection, its gonna take a loonggg time for it to finish. Once its finished, I'll give you the link. But you're looking at a wait of about 2 hours or so.

If anyone else with a faster connection can upload it on sendspace as well, that'll be great.

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

nch

I'm uploading it now on sendspace mate. However, since I've only got a dial-up connection, its gonna take a loonggg time for it to finish. Once its finished, I'll give you the link. But you're looking at a wait of about 2 hours or so.

If anyone else with a faster connection can upload it on sendspace as well, that'll be great.

Thanks mate I'm willing to wait icon_smile.gif

This is gonna be exciting, going to read the rules for a second time now.

One question here mate:

Were the players from the 8.02 database? Well Ramsey is currently in Arsenal and is a great talent but from the 8.02 database I noticed that he does not really turn out well (I improved his PA). But well, that isn't much of a matter.

Im going to try this at some point today however i was wondering if there is any rules on signing players for compensation when they were on youth contracts, e.g. the likes of Sakho, Wijnaldum etc...

And can we sell either of Barnes or Foster if we get a good offer

Cheers

mocko666

Thanx for trying it mate.

- No specific rules for players bought on compensation mate. Whatever compensation you pay for them will obviously be a part of the transfer budget. You just need to buy ATLEAST 30 players. You can buy more if you wish thats no problem.

- You can sell Foster and Barnes if you like. A couple of things though about them:

(a) you probably wont be able to sell them in season 1. They've only just joined the club and it might be hard to get rid of them. Foster will be near impossible because of his injury.

(b) both of them are English players. As long as you buy other English players for your first team squad and have a total of 5 in, theres no problem. And you might find that hard to do with the other limitations.

Ofcourse, you can easily go out and get youth players or poor players for very little money and stick them in the first team squad. But thats just being unfair to yourself playing the game really. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for clearing that up, it's always worth a shot though isn't it icon_wink.gif. I was actually considering, money permitting, signing Pistone (Italian with second nationality English) but I don't think I would have had the money since I'm lining up a few players for his position anyway. That's excellent about Dave Jones though because I actually wanted to buy the kid icon_biggrin.gif.

I've been looking at a few Brazilians who can't get into the international squad (kind of understandable with their team) and might sign them in the first season and give them a work permit since some of them look really good at the start. This is kinda hard to budget the money so I've drawn a shortlist up of about 60 players and I'll decide my "first choice" 30 out of. Jw has anybody finished the transfer period yet?

hulk, when you say first nationality players, do you mean players that were born in England. For example, Owen Hargreaves is Canadian but has dual nationality which makes him eligible to play for England. Can he be classed as an English player given the fact that he is Canadian but has 39 caps for England?

Also, Simone Perrotta is English (he lived in Ashton-Under-Lyne until the age of 6). However, he is a member of the Italian National team, which again means that he is of dual nationality.

The two above 'situations' are the opposite way around if you get me? And whilst i have been thinking about it, surely only one of them is English and the other is foreign.

In my eyes, Perrotta is the Englishman as he was born in England, which means that rules 4, 5, 6 and 7 do not apply to him, but apply to Hargreaves.

When you say first nationality only, does this mean the country of that players birth, or the national team which he represents?

I will wait for the reply to my post before continuing with my game as i feel that this could have a significant impact on the way which my game flows.

Sorry if this point has been raised prior to this post, but i am looking forward to startin this game and this is the only block which i have encountered so far.

Cheers.

ginger_mourinho

TBH, I hadnt thought of it that far and this could make it a little more confusing.

But lets try to clear that up:

- a player is English if he has England as his first nationality. If he has nationality of another country, he will be counted as English UNLESS he declares himself for that other country.

- a player is English if he has England as his second nationality AND has also got "declared for England" in his profile.

I hope that makes sense and covers all grounds?? If not, let me know.

Just thought I'd ask since you said we can sign Jones...would it be okay to sign Nyatanga?

Hmmm, actually I only said we could sign Jones because the lad is actually a good player (on the game anyway). Nyatanga is pretty average tbh (his concentration is horrendous). If you want to sign him on as part of your reserve squad, then I guess so. But not as part of the first team squad.

The reason I wanted to put those restrictions is to avoid people signing these players on to make up numbers.

ive got a pretty good squad already started.. signed around 30+ players...

but i may start again and attempt with english players (not british as i said in my last post.. i want to stick to the same rules as everyone else if possible)

found some great talents in my searching

clarification... the 2 over 27 players must come to a total of 10mil for BOTH? or each?

-he's NOT english if he plays for a different nationality full stop ie simone perrota

-but he is english if he's declared for england even though he has another nationality as his first .. ie hargreaves

me thinks that is what he's getting at

welshace

You can spend 10M EACH on both the 27 and over players.

ginger_mourinho

DAMN! I think I messed it up. I'm so sorry!

Let me try again:

- a player is English if he has England as his first nationality and is eligible to play for the England National team. If he has nationality of another country, he will be counted as English UNLESS he declares himself for that other country.

- a player is English if he has England as his second nationality AND has also got "declared for England" in his profile.

So the amendment bascially means that if he's played for any other country, he will not be eligible for the England national team and thus, not counted as English!

Can you see any loopholes in that? If so, please do tell me.

Bascially what I'm aiming at is to get a team with a largely English backbone. The future rules I post for season 2 and onwards will try to get everyone to converge towards that aim. Still working on it though.

sorry for the double:

Bascially what I'm aiming at is to get a team with a largely English backbone. The future rules I post for season 2 and onwards will try to get everyone to converge towards that aim. Still working on it though.

I meant to add: a largely English AND homegrown (ie, players nurtured from youth at the club) backbone!

welshace

You got that right mate. Thanx!

welshace

I mean that there should be 5 English players among the minimum 16 of the first-team squad. These are all the guys you'll be calling on most through the season for first team duties. Doesnt include youth players or players in your reserves. You can count Ben Foster and Giles Barnes as part of these 5 btw.

I hope that made sense. icon_redface.gif

Ok, here are my transfers. I've not played a competitive game yet but have almost exhausted my 100M budget. Could everyone please follow the same pattern as me when posting their transfers. Thanx.

First Team Squad

GK - Joe Hart (7M) and Ben Foster

LB - Eduardo (1.1M)

RB - Danny Simpson (5M)

CB - Miranda (4M) and Habib Bellaid (4.7M)

CB - Federico Fazio (3M)

DM - Alberto Zapater (7M) and Francesco Bolzoni (2M)

CM - Michael Johnson (16M) , Toni Kroos (4.3M) , Steven Defour (3.4M) and David Jones (free)

LM - Marcelo (5.5M) and Abdou Razack Traore (950K)

RM - Giles Barnes and Lubos Kalouda (350K)

ST - Amauri (6.75M) and Tommaso Rocchi (5M)

Reserve Team Squad

Oier Olazabal (625K)

Miralem Pjanic (350K)

Vincent Acapandie (325K)

Henri Saivet (525K)

Adrian Weiland (220K) [regen]

Jordan Spence (400K)

Aquino (575K)

Aurelien Teaudors (240K)

Georginio Wijnaldum (600K)

Robert Bauer (240K) [regen]

Younousse Sankhare (925K)

Dragos Sandro (140K) [regen]

Mamadou Sakho (450K)

John Bostock (475K)

Nicolas Rergis (240K) [regen]

Aaron Ramsey (2.2M)

Loic Abenzoar (50% sell on)

Alexandr Prudnikov (2.4M)

Henri Lansbury (1M) [coming in Jan]

Jack Wilshere (425K) [coming next season]

My main aim was to get as many youngsters as I can in the first team. Its gonna be hard but hopefully I'll be able to achieve success!

I've got a little bit more cash left. Might try to buy a RB or LB or some more youngsters. But thought I'll get my post in before anyone else so you can have an idea on how I'd like people to post. I think I've adhered to the rules. If I've missed something, do let me know.

Archived