Wallys update

Wally:

http://www.bluesqfootball.com/story/0,20970,14855,00.html

Fantastic link showing all the ins and outs of each Blue Square club, if you have the time, would be a fantastic addition!

Keep up the good work mate, we all appreciate is, and Pav:)

Ok cheers done grimsby ones already, made paul hurst assistant only think can do and that physio not in db

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok cheers done grimsby ones already, made paul hurst assistant only think can do and that physio not in db

Yeah thought it would be mate! And his name is David Moore on the game, should have cleared it up but he is already with Grimsby, but assigned as Assistant Manager if that makes it easier!:)

Different types of player. Pogba plays a lot deeper than Morrison. Both are fairly consistent and play well in the big games which the ratings would reflect, but in terms of pure technical ability then Morrison is the better player. Pogba's better defensively than Morrison but Morrison isn't a defensive player. As for the long shots, quite a few of Morrison's goals last year came from 20 yards plus. Pogba also relies on his physicality more than Morrison who relies purely on technical ability in close quarters. Check the game against Derby last year where Pogba scored a fantastic goal using his physical ability and close control skills to outfox 3 defenders and shoot. Compare that to Morrison's goals against Newcastle and Liverpool in the youth cup. Pure technical ability.

Yes I understand all that, but personally I think Pogba is a better player than Morrison. As you say yourself, Pogba is more defensive than Morrison, which is a big +1 CA wise due to the attribute weightings, and also not too shabby going forward. One of the better players in the team infact and not that far behing Morrison IMO. This in my eyes makes him the better player. So technically isnt Pogba better. He can play a more defensive game and also produce at the other end. The same cant be said for Morrison. All round Pogba is better, and like I said, even going forward I would say he's one of the better players.

So in conclusion, and using your own examples, Pogba has better key attributes (better consistency and same important matches), better passing and better long shots. He also is a better defensively which should mean higher mental attributes like positioning and IMO more composed on the ball. Whereas Morrison (who is the more attacking player) isnt as good at long shots or passing (both key attributes in his AMC position) and less composure (again IMO).

Technical attributes, Pogba would have higher long shots, marking, passing, tackling and possibly first touch/technique. He would also have higher Mental attributes like bravery, descisions (for both defending and passing), determination (reflected in personality), positioning, team work and work rate. And also better Physical attributes like strength, stamina and natural fitness.

A lot of the above attributes are heavily weighted so that on its own would make Pogba better than Morrison. Again this is only my opinion and I will make these changes anyway. Im just offering my side of it as obviously people see things differently. :thup:

Fair points, but I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Also a perfect example of why CA/PA changes are a bad idea in updates :lol:

Now that is one thing we can agree on. Its not fair that players attributes have to be 'toned down' just so they dont go over a certain threshold. Like League 2 players or lower having attributes lowered because if they had their true attributes, it would mae their CA on par with a Championship player.

Actually I mean the 1-20 scale and the weightings are wrong on SI's part. If Pogba and Morrison had their true attributes, they would definately be Championship level players NOW with SI's weightings.

Fair points, but I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Also a perfect example of why CA/PA changes are a bad idea in updates :lol:

They usually are. But not when i'm doing it. :p In fairness its help make this update so popular probs why were pushing 20k on the downloads so far. PA/CA changes are crucial if your a norwich or swansea fan. So many Norwich players are league 1 standard which is just not right. Why shouldnt people who support there club want to be loyal to a Grant Holt/Wes Hoolahan Sinclair/Dyer. Or even Bury fans wanting to be loyal to a Ryan Lowe. Same with the youngsters, there true ability is not shown as they have not played championship/league 1football yet and deserve better ca maybe.. so they can play at that level and they can make an impact. Im sure progba has the same ca as a scott arfield or a stephen quinn but knowing si it will be dramatically lower. At the end of the day i'll take peoples suggestions on board and make my own mind up. Also if Thomas Rosicky is a high 150 ca im a china man same with Squilachi. The decreases are as important as the increases. If you dont want an update with ability changes, Mg yours is the one. If you want an update with fair changes and unbiased then its this one all day long.

@Cunning Linguist- I don't think they're wrong 100%, it'd just be useful to have the weightings explained, which unfortunately SI is reluctant to do. As for Pogba/Morrison, we'll just have to wait until FM12 to see what Nick has done with them, he gets it spot on 99% of the time.

@ThePav- The idea isn't wrong, and like myself you probably feel you can do it in an unbiased way, it's more the disagreements it causes, whether it's down to just personal opinions or not understanding the weightings etc. Your point there about Norwich etc is perfectly valid and I agree with you there, unfortunately one person's fair is another's biased. Still, to be pushing 20k downloads so far is very impressive and I commend you there, you and wally have produced a very competitive update :thup:

wally...is it possible start the game by 07-2011?

You can start from 27-05-2011 if you also download MagicMasterminded's edit. But to get this update working correctly with it you need to change back all of the promotions and relegations from this update :thup:

@ThePav- The idea isn't wrong, and like myself you probably feel you can do it in an unbiased way, it's more the disagreements it causes, whether it's down to just personal opinions or not understanding the weightings etc. Your point there about Norwich etc is perfectly valid and I agree with you there, unfortunately one person's fair is another's biased. Still, to be pushing 20k downloads so far is very impressive and I commend you there, you and wally have produced a very competitive update :thup:

Thankyou buddy. Your the man with the updates, they have been the most comprehensive for a while. I think there has been a gap for a good pa/ca changes in an update tho. We got lfc marshalls but there are some things i disagree with him on. You just got to stick with your own convictions. One persons fair is defo another persons biased. The only player i have a problem with is John Flanagan on the weighting thing. I've tried to fix him a few times and he comes out too good. We have not had many disagreements on the thread to be fair so far. Cant think of any off hand. Some people are a bit pushy on there own clubs but a lot of them want people taken down from there original ca as they hate them or dont rate them etc.

The thing is ive boosted some players people will never find and that im sure si are going to do up anyway due to there scouting networks. Imscouting is excellent. For instance. The Iranian Cesc Fabregas. lol...he's gotta be good. ;)

too much complicated :D

Well no its not really. You just swap QPR, Norwich and Swansea with West Ham, Birmingham and Blackpool, and so on throughout the leagues. Nothing complicated about it. You just need to spend half and hour putting the effort in. If your that bothered about it you would do it.

but i must do it for every championship...so bored :D

Not every one. Just the leagues that have real fixtures and results already added. So England down to BSP, Scotland down to Div 3, Germany, Spain, Portugal. If your no bothered about the foeign leagues, just do England.

Thankyou buddy. Your the man with the updates, they have been the most comprehensive for a while. I think there has been a gap for a good pa/ca changes in an update tho. We got lfc marshalls but there are some things i disagree with him on. You just got to stick with your own convictions. One persons fair is defo another persons biased. The only player i have a problem with is John Flanagan on the weighting thing. I've tried to fix him a few times and he comes out too good. We have not had many disagreements on the thread to be fair so far. Cant think of any off hand. Some people are a bit pushy on there own clubs but a lot of them want people taken down from there original ca as they hate them or dont rate them etc.

The thing is ive boosted some players people will never find and that im sure si are going to do up anyway due to there scouting networks. Imscouting is excellent. For instance. The Iranian Cesc Fabregas. lol...he's gotta be good. ;)

IMScouting's transfer centre is pretty good for foreign transfers, one of my usual ports of call. As for Flanagan, try a CA of around 110 and a PA of about 150-155. That PA puts him in the same bracket as Zabaleta, Phil Neville, Habib Beye, Micah Richards and Emmanuel Eboue, all established PL players.

Hi Wally,

More news in Israel;

Hapoel Petach-Tikva was relegated to the 2nd league ("Liga Leumit") due to not being able to provide minimum requested guarantees to their budget in the allocated time frame.

Hapoel Kfar-Saba will replace them in the 1st league ("Ligat Toto").

Also, suggest you decrease Hapoel Petach-Tikva finances to around €1.6M

Thanks!! Looking forward to the update!

Hi Wally,

Just wanted to let you know that if you still haven't swap between the 2 clubs (hapoel petach-tikva & Hapoel Kfar-Saba) then please still don't do so..

Apparently there were some developments today and they were able to obtain funds eventually... but now they have to appeal in court (for the 2nd time) and not sure that the appeal will be accepted... either way tomorrow will be the last final call for them.

Some more info :

Eric Nyarko - Hapoel Ashkelon

Serge Ayeli - Ahi Nazareth

Shai Birok - Hapoel Kfar-Saba

Snir Gueta - Irony Kiryat-Malachi

Yaniv Azarya - Irony Kiryat-Malachi

Yaniv Elul - Maccabi Be'er Sheva

Oz Yifrach - Hapoel Ramat-Gan

Adrián Fernández (ID 950754) (Ex. Chernomorets) - Hapoel Ramat-Gan

Yogev Ben-Simon - Hapoel Ramat-Gan

Idan Balestra - Hapoel Ramat-Gan

Tamir For - Ahi Nazareth

Oded Elkayam - Bnei Sakhnin

Shachar Simantov - Bnei Lod

Ben Rahav - Hapoel Kfar-Saba

Adham Hadiya - Hapoel Kfar-Saba

Rubil Sarsour - Hapoel Kfar-Saba

Robi Regev - Hapoel Kfar-Saba

Moshe Asulin (Ex. Hapoel Be'er Sheva) - Hapoel Kfar-Saba

Raz Cohen - Hapoel Kfar-Saba

Hanan Fadida - Bnei Sakhnin

Ben Malka - Nir Ramat Hasharon

Lior Levi - Kiryat Shmona

Avi Avinu - Beitar/Shimshon Tel-Aviv

Ran Malka - Maccabi Herzeliya

Avi Malka (Ex. Maccabi Be'er Sheva) - Maccabi Herzeliya

Shlomi Avisidris - Hapoel Ra'anana

Omri Atia - Hapoel Haifa

Elnatan Salami - Ahi Nazareth

Osman Bashiru - Hapoel Herzeliya

Tomer Ben-Haim - Nir Ramat Hasharon

Adi Saloniki - Hapoel Herzeliya

Soli Tzemah - Hapoel Herzeliya

Akaki Mikuchadze - Maccabi Be'er Sheva

Ziv Cabeda - Ahi Nazareth

Zohar Hogeg - Hapoel Bat-Yam

Islam Kna'an - Irony Umm el-Fahm

Kobi Hasan - Irony Umm el-Fahm

Thanks for the great job!!

Hi Wally,

Just wanted to let you know that if you still haven't swap between the 2 clubs (hapoel petach-tikva & Hapoel Kfar-Saba) then please still don't do so..

Apparently there were some developments today and they were able to obtain funds eventually... but now they have to appeal in court (for the 2nd time) and not sure that the appeal will be accepted... either way tomorrow will be the last final call for them.

Some more info :

Eric Nyarko - Hapoel Ashkelon

Serge Ayeli - Ahi Nazareth

Shai Birok - Hapoel Kfar-Saba

Snir Gueta - Irony Kiryat-Malachi

Yaniv Azarya - Irony Kiryat-Malachi

Yaniv Elul - Maccabi Be'er Sheva

Oz Yifrach - Hapoel Ramat-Gan

Adrián Fernández (ID 950754) (Ex. Chernomorets) - Hapoel Ramat-Gan

Yogev Ben-Simon - Hapoel Ramat-Gan

Idan Balestra - Hapoel Ramat-Gan

Tamir For - Ahi Nazareth

Oded Elkayam - Bnei Sakhnin

Shachar Simantov - Bnei Lod

Ben Rahav - Hapoel Kfar-Saba

Adham Hadiya - Hapoel Kfar-Saba

Rubil Sarsour - Hapoel Kfar-Saba

Robi Regev - Hapoel Kfar-Saba

Moshe Asulin (Ex. Hapoel Be'er Sheva) - Hapoel Kfar-Saba

Raz Cohen - Hapoel Kfar-Saba

Hanan Fadida - Bnei Sakhnin

Ben Malka - Nir Ramat Hasharon

Lior Levi - Kiryat Shmona

Avi Avinu - Beitar/Shimshon Tel-Aviv

Ran Malka - Maccabi Herzeliya

Avi Malka (Ex. Maccabi Be'er Sheva) - Maccabi Herzeliya

Shlomi Avisidris - Hapoel Ra'anana

Omri Atia - Hapoel Haifa

Elnatan Salami - Ahi Nazareth

Osman Bashiru - Hapoel Herzeliya

Tomer Ben-Haim - Nir Ramat Hasharon

Adi Saloniki - Hapoel Herzeliya

Soli Tzemah - Hapoel Herzeliya

Akaki Mikuchadze - Maccabi Be'er Sheva

Ziv Cabeda - Ahi Nazareth

Zohar Hogeg - Hapoel Bat-Yam

Islam Kna'an - Irony Umm el-Fahm

Kobi Hasan - Irony Umm el-Fahm

Thanks for the great job!!

Yeah did already i'll swap them back though :)

my tactics don't seem to work with this update, is that possible or a coincidence. i tried a man city save excited with the potential of the argie strike force but have a nightmare. My 442 tactic work well in previous saves, does anyone have a 442 tactic with wingers preferably.

Thanks in advance

Pav have a look at liverpool daglish still plays that stupid formation i've tried everything to change it :confused:

I've tried something. Its mental. See if it works. @ cesc i got one you could use. i'll email it you. whats your email?

Sent it lads. Made it myself and then found loads of 4222's online after and then figured i wasnt being as clever as i thought as everyone else does it. This got me to the semis of europa cup with Inverness Cali Thisle last week. Used it for ages.. finished 3rd with wolves in 2nd season and...won la liga with hercules 3rd season (before they went down) Just set the players to the positions

Sent it lads. Made it myself and then found loads of 4222's online after and then figured i wasnt being as clever as i thought as everyone else does it. This got me to the semis of europa cup with Inverness Cali Thisle last week. Used it for ages.. finished 3rd with wolves in 2nd season and...won la liga with hercules 3rd season (before they went down) Just set the players to the positions

How do u mean just set the players to the positions?

Some more players that you should update their ability:

I'll write a breakdown of how I think their current ability should be, so we can be more accurate.

increase to:

Tomer Hemed 115 (potential should be 130)

Idan Vered 125

Ben Sahar 130

Omri Kanada 123

Roi Kehat 100

Muanes Dabur 100

Dor Micha 95

Uri Cohen 85

Dele Aiyenugba 125

Ariel Harush 120

Omer Damari 120

Almog Cohen 130 (potential should be 135, you should probably tweak attributes as well by increasing 1 point the following: Tackling, determination, Work Rate, Bravery. (very similar player to Gattuso)

Eran Zehavi 130

Eliran Atar 125 (also increase long shots to 13)

Wiam Amasha 110 (potential 115)

Guy Haimov 105

Shai Abutbul 120 (passing should be 14)

Toto Tamuz 130 (potential should be 140)

Itsik Cohen 105 (potential should be 105)

Djako Arafat 115 and move to FC Anzhi Makhachkala

Maor Melikson 125

Decrease:

Avi Rikan 100

Danny Bonder 100 (potential should be 120)

Haris Medunjanin 120

Barak Itzhaki 120

Maor Buzaglo 115 (potential should be 147)

Tamir Cohen 110

Avi Strul 100

Lior Jan 100 (potential should be 115)

Sheran Yeini 105 (potential should be 125)

Baruch Dego 100 (potential should be 120)

Roni Gafni 100

Ziv Cabeda 90 (potential should be 90 as well)

Shai Maimon 105 (potential should be 120)

Nir Davidovitch 110 (potential should be 135)

Eial Strahman (potential should be 125)

THANKS!!

When will the update be out Wally, today or tomorrow? Definitely gonna crack on in this one (although i've said that about the past 2, need something to keep me going over the summer)

Also did you implement the Blue Square changes mate?:)

Tomorrow, yeah got them blue square changes done

How do u mean just set the players to the positions?

Match the players stats to the positions. So If you got defender cover on a cb make sure you play someone fast there, and play a good tackler in the ball winning midfielder etc.

As far as the israel changes i implemented loads at the top of this page yesterday wally :)

Well i did a few did you do some of the ca/pa changes roi posted as i've just sent him file to take a look, our international firm is growing :D

- Remove Jean-Claude Darcheville from Kavala. Was going to say make him a non-player, but can't find anything except wikipedia listing him as a former footballer, so for now, just remove him from Kavala.

- Jo at Internacional has a loan set at CSKA Moscow, apologies if I missed it, but when did this happen? Or should it be removed?

Also, is there any way to stop free agents rejoining their former club? For example in my game, Aston Villa re-signed Carew, despite them being the last club he played for.

Keep up the good work. :)

- Remove Jean-Claude Darcheville from Kavala. Was going to say make him a non-player, but can't find anything except wikipedia listing him as a former footballer, so for now, just remove him from Kavala.

- Jo at Internacional has a loan set at CSKA Moscow, apologies if I missed it, but when did this happen? Or should it be removed?

Also, is there any way to stop free agents rejoining their former club? For example in my game, Aston Villa re-signed Carew, despite them being the last club he played for.

Keep up the good work. :)

I'l fix jo thought i'd removed that loan and yeah there a little fix that sometimes works for stopping released players rejoing former club could of swarn i'd do it with carew though, i'll check

looks like the danish league is almost untouched, here are the transfers from the summer.

AaB Aalborg

Argentinean defender Lucho on a free transfer from Sheriff; Argentinean defender Luis Antonio Rodriguez from Sheriff; Defender Nicholas Gotfredsen from Aarhus Fremad; Goalkeeper Carsten Christensen on a free transfer from Fredericia.

AGF Aarhus

Forward Soren Larsen on a free transfer from Toulouse; Norwegian defender Atle Roar Haland from Odense; Goalkeeper Emil Ousager on a free transfer from Odense.

Brondby

Midfielder Mikkel Thygesen on a free transfer from Midtjylland.

Horsens

Swedish forward Ken Fagerberg on a free transfer from Midtjylland; Forward Henrik Toft from Odense; Defender Alexander Juel Andersen on a free transfer from Viborg; Midfielder Jeppe Mehl from Esbjerg; Defender Soren Jensen on a free transfer from Odd Grenland.

€ 4m

Kobenhavn

Costa Rican defender Cristian Gamboa from Fredrikstad; Midfielder Youssef Toutouh on a free transfer from Hvidovre; Senegalese forward Pape Pate Diouf from Molde for a fee of €2.4m; Norwegian midfielder Christian Grindheim from Heerenveen for a fee of €0.8m; Midfielder Johnny Thomsen on a free transfer from Sonderjyske; Icelandic defender Ragnar Sigurdsson from Goteborg for a fee of €0.8m.

Koge

Defender Simon Richter on a free transfer from Fremad Amager; American defender Brad Rusin from Carolina Railhawks; Goalkeeper Daniel Meinike from Midtjylland; Midfielder Ronnie Bendtsen on a free transfer from Naestved.

Lyngby

Defender Dennis Cagara on a free transfer from Randers; Defender Frederik Krabbe on a free transfer from Aarhus; Defender Mikkel Bischoff on a free transfer from Brondby; Midfielder Rasmus Nielsen on a free transfer from AB.

Midtjylland

German defender Kolja Afriyie on a free transfer from Energie Cottbus; Defender Marc Moller on a free transfer from Lyngby; Dutch forward Tim Janssen from Esbjerg.

€ 0.2m

Nordsjaelland

Midfielder Mikkel Beckmann from Randers for a fee of €0.2m.

€ 0.3m

OB Odense

Midfielder Jacob Schoop on a free transfer from Fyn; Goalkeeper Daniel Krog from Otterup; Forward Morten Skoubo on a free transfer from Utrecht; Norwegian defender Tore Reginiussen from Schalke for a fee of €0.3m.

Silkeborg

Croatian goalkeeper Josip Solic on a free transfer from Mosor; German forward Marvin Pourie on a free transfer from Schalke; Forward Nicolaj Ritter from Midtjylland; Defender Sune Kiilerich from Sampdoria.

Sonderjyske

Icelandic midfielder Hallgrimur Jonasson on loan from GAIS Goteborg; Defender Jonas Troest on loan from Odense; American midfielder Conor O'Brien on a free transfer from Blokhus; Midfielder Daniel Christensen on a free transfer from Aalborg; Defender Thomas Hansen on a free transfer from Silkeborg; Forward Tommy Bechmann on a free transfer from Freiburg.

Archived