The First Lady Of Football

gavrenwick

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, well done to you minisav ;)

After the shock meeting with Ardan, Tina couldnt help but ponder questions in her mind.

Why was he here?

Was Bekim here, too?

Did Massone know about any of this?

She gave up eventually though, and waited for Ardan to come back down. He had taken the cases up to some rooms that they had chosen, and he seemed to slowly make his way back down, dreading answering the questions he knew were coming his way. He made his way to the kitchen where Tina was waiting, and slowly came through the door.

"Whats going on, Ardan?" demanded Tina.

"Im trailing Bekim. After the events in Livingston, and leaving you, I knew that he had to be stopped." he quietly answered back, avoiding eye contact with Tina.

"Is he in Italy?"

"Im not sure. Reports suggested he was, but I havent seen him yet."

An awkward silence followed what Ardan said. Tina was lost for words despite everything she had thought about.

"Where was Bekim last?"

"Tirol, in Austria. He was wanted by the police for questioning over the sexual assault of a woman in the town centre."

"Does not surprise me in the slightest."

"Im leaving in a few days, anyway. There isnt a sign of him here, so going to move on north back to Austria."

"Im guessing Massone doesnt know your here?"

"Nah. I knew it was unoccupied though. There was always the chance of someone coming, but I didnt think it would be you."

"Yeah, must admit I was shocked to see you too."

They both shared a smile.

"So, no football im guessing while your in Rome? Unless its a football related trip?" asked Ardan.

"Nah, a holiday for a few days. I suppose you could class it as an attempt to get away from what has happened lately, but it seems that I failed in that respect." replied Tina with a slight smile.

Splendid work, Gav. You've really got a great blend of the football and the non-football going on here. :thup:

Can I just point out one typo that you make regularly that bugs me a bit? Its when you write "your" instead of "you're". I'm not sure how to fix it though, but as "you're" is always used in a conversation perhaps you could speak the dialogue to youself and see when it is necessary to use it when one person addresses another.

Thanks so much viperk and Manxie Ash. Yeah Spav, Ive always had that trouble with your and you're, and its usually just a schoolboy error on my behalf. Will try my utmost to keep it as right as possible =]

Tina woke up the morning after with so many questions in her head. She had, to her annoyance, a dream that basically chronicled everything that had happened in her life. She was glad to wake and for the dream to end in all honesty. After a quick brush of her teeth, she threw some clothes on and headed down. As she headed down, she heard the unmistakeable tune of "Jump" by Girls Aloud on the stereo. Tina padded her way across the marble floor to the kitchen where Mairi was dancing and making some toast. She noticed Tina stand in the doorway.

"Angelo has a delightful choice in music." said a cheery Mairi.

"Mairi, itll be his wifes."

"Thats what he wants you to think."

Tina had to laugh. Mairi never failed to make her smile.

"Is Ardan still here?" Tina asked Mairi.

"Nope, he left early this morning. Heard him go out."

"Hmm, ok. I think im going to go for a walk. Take in the sights."

"Sounds like one of those go it alone things."

"It is. I wont be long, I dragged you here so I cant desert you for too long, can I?"

"Ill watch a dvd til you get back." said Mairi, with a smile. She was a good friend.

Tina left the house in her black skinny jeans and a loose fitting yellow t-shirt with the words "I Love New York" on the front, despite the fact she had never been. She had been walking less than ten minutes when she came to a high rise building that offered sight-seeing from the roof. She couldnt resist a look at Rome from a high point, and headed for the elevator. As she paid the attendant for the experience, she took her ticket and passed through a barrier. She called the elevator down from its place on the roof and waited. There were two elevators, and both were at the roof. Hers finally arrived and she got in After thumbing the 'Roof' button, she patiently stood with her back against the other elevator as it made its way up.

Some say fate and luck are entwined, whilst others say they are separate entities. For Tina, they were entwined, yet she wouldnt ever know it. As the elevator climbed, the other one started to go down. It passed hers three quarters of the way up, but with her back to it, she never noticed the occupant.

Bekim was riding down after walking around the top for almost an hour. As he waited for the elevator to reach the bottom, he propped himself, back on glass, aiming towards the second elevator. For a brief moment in time, two feet separated Bekim and Tina.

Tina reached the top and was immediately impressed with the view. From where she stood, she could see so much. Buildings old and new no matter where she looked, and she could see The Vatican. As a reader of mystery novels, she couldnt help but wonder what was hidden in the vaults there. She then noticed, not much farther away, Stadio Olimpico. It was the home of Roma FC, and it was a delightful stadium. After looking around a little more, she got bored, and decided to head back down. She wouldnt realise how close she had been to Bekim.

Thanks alot jamboblue! Welcome to the story and hope it keeps you interested =]

Two days had passed since Tina's visit to that tower, and she was packing to go home. They had just one night left in Rome, but they were leaving in the morning, so it had to be done now. She had just finished, leaving out a set of clothes for tomorrow when Mairi walked in.

"Tina, I just wanted to say thanks for this trip." Mairi said, and then hugged her.

"Yeah, its been fun hasnt it." replied with Tina with a smile.

"Your the best friend anyone could have dear, except, maybe me, of course." said Mairi with a wink.

Mairi left the room and Tina took her luggage downstairs. Mairi briefly shouted up saying she was going to shop nearby, but Tina knew it was to see the man that she fancied. Tina pulled out some of her files from a filofax, and began to look at the early reports given to her by Valter.

The first was on Queen of the South who were Livi's next opponents. QotS are currently sitting just above the bottom two, in 8th place. Only St Johnstone in 9th could put them down in the relegation play off, with Clyde only on three points in 10th. Gordon Chisholm had been in charge of QotS for just over a year and three months, but hasnt had a great start to the season, only knocking up four wins in 17 games. But Tina couldnt concentrate on that game. The biggest one coming up in her and Livi's season was the Quarter Final against Rangers in 24 days.

People had already written off Livi, though to be honest, Livi stand as good a chance as anyone. Rangers sit 3rd in the SPL, behind Celtic and Motherwell. They are also 3rd in their Champions League group, but the group does consist of Roma, Atletico Madrid and Arsenal. Kris Boyd is the man on fire at the moment with 8 goals in 11 games, but he is the only one to score more than a single goal this season, which asks plenty of questions about Rangers.

In between these two fixtures is a visit to Morton, a one that if Livi beat QotS and then Morton, would mean top spot for Livi.

But before all that, Tina had the lovely invite from Dean Saunders to go and see Wales play Liechtenstein in Cardiff. Now this, she couldnt wait for.

Thanks alot minisav, love that your still reading! A win against Rangers would make my day :D

Saturday 11th October

The qualifier between Wales and Liechtenstein was 2:30pm kickoff, and Tina had arrived, Mairi in tow, well before the game started. Tina had received the tickets only three days before, and it had been a rush to get train tickets for the journey to Wales. They had opted for trains as taking a car meant the ability to find a parking spot was a task they didnt fancy. They were sat in their seats waiting for the game to start, and Mairi then returned with two match programmes.

"Thanks Mairi." she said, as she took her seat.

Tina turned straight to the backpage where the squad for the game was. Tina couldnt help herself but be angry at what she saw.

GK: Boaz Myhill

DR: Sam Ricketts

DL: Gareth Bale

DC: Daniel Gabiddon

DC: Danny Collins

DMC: Owain Tudur Jones

MC: Aaron Ramsey

MC: Joe Ledley

AMR: Simon Davies

AML: Jason Koumas

FC: Freddy Eastwood

Mairi could see that Tina was upset, and she put an hand on her shoulder.

"I havent been here since I was sat with Dad, when he died. It feels so weird."

"Aww hun." Mairi have her a hug. "Lets mock Dean from up here."

Tina had told Mairi everything about Dean on the journey down, and Mairi had understood why she hated him so much.

"Yes, lets."

The game kicked off, and it took just one minute foir Wales to take the lead. Bale playing the ball low to Eastwood, who took one touch and bent a delightful effort into the top left corner of the net. Tina found herself cheering, not in support of Saunders though, but for Eastwood, who had been the main reason that Dick had done so well. 8 minutes later and its two nil, Ledley's corner finding the head of Eastwood. Tina was impressed with him; he looked better every day. She spotted Saunders on the sidelines, looking up to the seat he knew she would be sat in. Half time arrived with no more goals, and Saunders disappeared into the tunnel with the squad.

"God damn him. That f*cking smug grin needs wiping off his face." said Tina, seething at how arrogant he was.

"Dont let him get to you."

The players re-emerged as did Dean. The second half is distinctly poor though, Liechtenstein being the better side and threatening more. As the last few minutes begin to tick down, Mairi stands up.

"Mairi, what are you doing?" asked Tina.

"I dunno, lets see if it works." she replied with a sly smile. She began to start a song.

"Powell, Powell, we want Powell!!"

At first, no one replied, just stared at a Scottish chick start a song in Wales' stadium. But she carried on.

"Powell, Powell, we want Powell!!"

It began to take off, and more began to sing. Just the one, then two, then five, then twenty. Before long, the whole set of Welsh fans were singing. Even the Liechtensteiners were joining in for the fun of it.

"POWELL, POWELL, WE WANT POWELL!!"

By this point Saunders was looking furious. Tina walked down to the railing and leaned over a close as she could.

"The fans are always right, Dean." she shouted.

He looked at her and looked away The final whistle went, Wales winning 2-0, and he disappeared down the tunnel.

A fantastic story Gav, I don't normally go for stories that have too much going on other than football matters but this one has me hooked. I have no doubt Bekim will resurface again in the not too distant future, keep up the good work.

Thanks alot guys. As for Tina, who knows what would happen if that chance came along ;)

With international fixtures now out of the way, training resumed, and Tina's first session back went fine. She was happy to have seen Valter. Something about the guy just made Tina feel secure in her job, knowing he was backing her up.

"Tina, can I recommend something to you?" asked Valter.

"Sure," replied Tina, "anything from my assistant is good."

"I think we should give Keaghan Jacobs a chance. Hes looking good at the moment, Tina, and thats mainly from when you spoke to him."

"Alright, lets see what he can do against Queen of the South. They havent won in twelve games, so yeah, I'll give him a go."

"Excellent. Lets get this show on the road." said Valter with a smile.

Friday 17th October - Queen of the South vs. Livingston

Palmerston Park

Scottish First Division

GK; Pierre Antoine-Martini

DR; Gary Miller

DL; Jason Talbot

DC; Dave Mackay

DC; Salvatore Fresi

MR; Jean-Jose Cuenca

ML; Keaghan Jacobs

MC; Alejandro Caiaffa

MC; Liam Fox

ST; Stuart Fleetwood

ST; Bartosz Slusarski

Subs; Roddy McKenzie, Jordan Murch, Mirko Martucci, Rocco Quinn, Mark Snijders

First HALF;

A dull start saw neither side willing to attack the game, Slusarski coming closest with a wide drive. The game starts to open up 20 mins in, Fleetwood testing the keeper with a long range shot, forcing him to palm it over. On the return attack, Martini has to make a save from Sives from close range, sparing Fresi's blushes. Some lucky play from Jacob's sees him play the ball low to Caiaffa. Caiaffa makes no effort to dally on the ball and unleashes a low shot into the bottom right corner to send Livi one goal up. QotS attempt an automatic comeback, but the effort is wayward and wasteful to say the least. Slusarski picks up an injury though, and QotS retrieve the ball from him and launch a counter while hes down. Tosh runs down the right and crosses deep to the far post where O'Connor dives to head the ball in to level the game. Rocco Quinn replaces him but has no chance to make a difference as half time arrives.

"Alright guys. It wasnt too bad a first half. I must admit I am really annoyed that they took advantage of Bartosz being injured, but lets go out there and finish the game off. A win today would really help us push forward."

Second HALF;

Livi dont come out as good as they were in the first half, and QotS almost make them pay - three times. McGlinchey has a shot saved, Sives then hits the bar which is followed by a clearance off the line. Wasted clearances continue to plague Livi, and Martini bails them out once more with a good save low to his left. After riding the attack waves, Livi finally plug themselves into the game, Jacobs going close with a toe poke from a Quinn cross. Quinn then finds himself with a chance, but his low drive is turned around for a corner, which duly delivers a goal. Caiaffa took the corner, aiming for the near post where captain Mackay was waiting. His head rose higher than his marker, and the ball found the net to send Livi in front. QotS almost pulled it back immediately, McQuilken nearly turning a header in. A goalkeeper error nearly gifts Livi a third, but Fleetwood cant convert it and the chance melts away. Murch and Martucci come on for Cuenca and Fleetwood. Poor defending almost costs Livi their three points, but the final shot from McQuilken was just as poor thankfully. But the inevitable happens. Utter sh*te defending allows a cross from Tosh to find Weatherston and he slides to poke it in, it takes a deflection off Fox, and the game is level again. Tina is furious. The result is poor for Tina as her side lost the lead TWICE.

"Im not impressed. What is up with you? To lose the lead once I forgave you, but twice?! Sod off home. Some of you really do not deserve to be in this team. You hoping to upset Rangers in a few weeks? Pull your fingers out and f*cking try."

Queen of the South 2 (O'Connor 39, Fox OG 88)

Livingston 2 (Caiaffa 29, Mackay 63)

Attendance; 3215

MOTM; Alejandro Caiaffa (8.1)

Tina sat in her office reading the papers from the aftermath of the game against Queen of the South. She cant deny how much she was annoyed at the inability to avoid conceding in the final minute, but whats happened has happened. Livi were now four points behind Morton, but they were due to play each other next week. However, they were unbeaten, and this played right into their hands, especially as Morton would be at home.

| Pos   | Inf   | Team            |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
 | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
 | 1st   |       | Morton          |       | 10    | 6     | 4     | 0     | 18    | 9     | +9    | 22    | 
 | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
 | 2nd   |       | Livingston      |       | 10    | 5     | 3     | 2     | 22    | 18    | +4    | 18    | 
 | 3rd   |       | Airdrie Utd     |       | 10    | 4     | 3     | 3     | 12    | 12    | 0     | 15    | 
 | 4th   |       | Dundee          |       | 10    | 4     | 2     | 4     | 19    | 19    | 0     | 14    | 
 | 5th   |       | Dunfermline     |       | 10    | 4     | 2     | 4     | 17    | 19    | -2    | 14    | 
 | 6th   |       | Partick Thistle |       | 10    | 4     | 2     | 4     | 17    | 20    | -3    | 14    | 
 | 7th   |       | St. Johnstone   |       | 10    | 3     | 3     | 4     | 14    | 15    | -1    | 12    | 
 | 8th   |       | Ross County     |       | 10    | 3     | 2     | 5     | 14    | 14    | 0     | 11    | 
 | 9th   |       | Queen of Sth    |       | 10    | 2     | 5     | 3     | 14    | 15    | -1    | 11    | 
 | 10th  |       | Clyde           |       | 10    | 2     | 0     | 8     | 9     | 15    | -6    | 6     | 

But her mind still wasnt on the game against Morton coming up. With only 11 days til Rangers, all minds were centred on that game. Rangers were still 3rd in their league, 6 points off the top with Celtic up there, as usual. Valter came in as her mind was beginning to run away with itself.

"Tina, you ok?" he asked.

"Yeah, yeah. Im fine. Just thinking of the game against Mort..."

"Rangers you mean." he said with a smile.

"Yeah. Is it that obvious?"

"Dont forget, Tina, if we beat Morton, we will be close to the summit."

"I know, I know. They're unbeatable at the moment though..."

Valter smiled, "So lets work on a way to beat them."

Tina smiled.

My thanks to you Perfect Fm'er =]

Tina was sat in her office listening to music and going over some notes. Linkin Park - Breaking the Habit was on, and Valter knocked and came in, pulling his face as he entered.

"You like this rubbish?"

"This is my kind of music. Though I must admit, I do have a soft spot for classic rock. What can I do for ya, Valter?"

Tina turned the music off and Valter sat down.

"Got the scout report on Morton. And man were you right, they are solid this season."

"Told you so. Davie Irons has a solid defence set up at the moment."

"Well lets show them that we mean business." replied Valter.

He moved his seat around and they began to work on tactics for the next game.

Saturday 25th October - Greenock Morton vs. Livingston

Cappielow Park

Scottish First Division

DR; Gary Miller

DL; Jason Talbot

DC; Dave Mackay

DC; Salvatore Fresi

MR; Jean-Jose Cuenca

ML; Mirko Martucci

MC; Alejandro Caiaffa

MC; Liam Fox

ST; Stuart Fleetwood

ST; Calum Elliot

Subs; Roddy McKenzie, Jordan Murch, Keaghan Jacobs, Rocco Quinn, Mark Snijders

First HALF;

Livi start the game well, Martucci finding ample space behind the 5 man Morton midfield. His cross was good, but Elliot was offside and missed his effort anyway. With Livi playing wide, Morton are extremely stretched and Martucci is having a feel day on the wing. Despite their great start, Morton take the lead. Veteran Trevor Sinclair recieves the ball and a quick run to the edge of the area sees him unleash a cracker pash Martini and send Morton in front. Moments later Livi's frail defence is overturned as McGuffie plays a quick and easy pass to Wake, who turns on the ball and fires it past Martini into the bottom left corner. Livi fail to make anything happen after, Martucci going close with a long shot. But they do find their feet and grab a goal back, Cuenca's corner completely bypassing Harding in defence, and it lands to Mackay, who heads it, unchallenged, into the net with ease. But for some unfathomable reason, its disallowed. Morton continue to have the upper hand, McGuffie causing way too many problems for Livi's defence. Livi go close, albeit luckily, as Millers deep cross from the right hits the post and cuases the keeper to have a heart attack. Half time cant come quick enough for Livi.

"Horrible performance. You started so well, and the rest was utter crap. I dont even know what to say. You never listen."

Second HALF;

Livi start the half with what seems like a glimmer of an attempt to fight back, Miller setting Elliot up with a good chance, but the shot is poor as has been all game. Martucci pulls up injured and is taken off for Jacobs. The whole performance is just poor from Livi, theyre passing is all wrong and they just arent performing. The second half is abject from both sides with not even one chance being created for 20 minutes. Its capped off by a goal kick that Martini hoofs straight off the pitch. Its a thoroughly dejected performance. Despite having 56% possession throughout the match, Livi were trounced off the pitch. It was a horrible performance and doesnt show good signs for the game to come next. Rangers.

Tina didnt talk to the players after the game.

Greenock Morton 2 (Sinclair 16, Wake 19)

Livingston 0

Attendance; 4493

MOTM; Trevor Sinclair (7.6)

Tina had been on the war path since the game against Morton. Livi had been shocking beyond belief, and they had what she believed, was no hope of even beating Rangers if they didnt get it out of their system.

Tina had some aces up her sleeve though in the form of defensive acquisitions. The defence needed shoring up in her eyes, and that was evident in the profound leaking of goals.

The players all signed up on the same day, with the relief to Tina.

Former Newcastle favourite Olivier Bernard signs up on a deal until the end of the season. The Frenchman made over 100 appearances for the Magpies, scoring 6 goals.

The second full back to join the club is another Frenchman in the form of Damien Robin. Damien is a product of the Youth academy at Triestina in Italy. Yet to make a competitive appearance for any club.

The third player to join up is former Aberdeen, Dunfermline and Shamrock Rovers defender Richie Byrne. Hes played 140 matches in his career notching up 3 goals.

The fourth and final player to join up for Tina was former Preston, Genk, Lokeren and Sint Niklaas Seyfo Soley. Hes the best arrival for Tina and definitely had pedigree.

Tina knew, however, that none would likely be fit to play the Rangers game. Valter stepped into the room.

"Hey Tina."

"Hello Valter, what can I do for you?"

"I see you've been making some signings. Fairly big ones too."

"Yeah, you and I both know that the defence needs shoring up."

"Thats true. Seyfo Soley is a real big coup."

"I know. I was totally surprised to get him."

"Anyway, I just came up to tell you that the Scottish Cup Third Round draw was made today, and we got Albion Rovers away."

"Could be a banana skin."

"Nah, not Albion."

Valter laughed and headed back out, whistling AC/DC's Let There Be Rock out loud. Tina got up and left her office too. She was hungry and needed to meet her new players when they arrived up at Almondvale.

With the scalps of Aberdeen and Motherwell under their belt, Livingston were going to have to pull one out of hat for this game. It was, however, the best time to face Rangers. They were struggling in the league and they were bottom of their Champions League group. But Rangers were Rangers, and they wouldnt lie down and take a beating. The sheer quality throughout the squad was more than enough to dispatch the teams they've already beaten.

Heres the big one!

Tina was so excited about this game. Rangers were coming to Almondvale in the League Cup Quarter Final.

Wednesday 29th October - Livingston vs. Rangers

Almondvale Stadium

Scottish League Cup Quarter Final

DR; Damien Robin

DL; Jason Talbot

DC; Dave Mackay

DC; Salvatore Fresi

MR; Liam Fox

ML; Antonio La Cava

MC; Alejandro Caiaffa

MC; Jean Jose-Cuenca

ST; Stuart Fleetwood

ST; Calum Elliot

Subs; Roddy McKenzie, Jordan Murch, Keaghan Jacobs, Rocco Quinn, Seyfo Soley

First HALF;

Despite his job being on the line, Walter Smith puts out a very second hand squad. Despite this, they start better, Smith going close with a left footed drive from the edge of the area. Rangers continue to bomb forward, Nacho Novo seeing his header flash across the mouth of the goal after a freat cross from Niguez. Livi dont stand there and take it though, fighting Rangers to get back in it. Elliot forcing McGregor into a top notch save with cheeky shot. Rangers continue to punish the weak Livi backline, Maurice Edu pushing the limits of Martini's fingers with a very powerful shot. They continue to pressure Livi, Edu just heading wide after Novo found great space. Livi get away with what should have been a goal when Kenny Miller scuffed his shot, Martini just managing to get to it before Edu was upon it. Fleetwood finds some great space behind Bougherra, but he redeemed himself with a good block of Fleetwood's shot. Fleetwood has a great chance a minute later, a free header in the Rangers box, but too many bodies were in the area and it got mingled and then cleared away. Despite Rangers being very dominant, both sides go in level.

"We need to forget what happened the other day, and start a fresh today. Rangers have been dominant, but we have been more efficient. We need to take in the pressure, and bounce back with lethal results. This match is there for the taking. Lets take it."

Second HALF;

Livi come out extremely hyped up, La Cava bombing down the left and forcing McGregor to pull a save out of the hat of top quality. La Cava continues to tease Steven Whittaker on the far side, forcing him into a few errors. Mackay then has a good chance, a flicked header from a La Cava corner finding the side netting. Rangers begin to get back into the game after shaking off the initial shock of the Livi resurgence, Fleck just putting a freekick over the crossbar and Miller forcing Martini into a smart save. Sadly for all the Livi fans present, heartbreak surfaces. Despite being over 30 yards out, Maurice Edu smacks a lethal and full powered shot past everyone, with Martini not even moving to get to it. It was a goal of the highest calibre. Sadly for Livi, it turns sour once more when Fleck breaks past Robin on the left and crosses to Novo, who rises well to meet the ball and head it past Martini. Fleetwood has a good chance late on to pull one back, but screws his shot wide. But the world of safety Rangers found themselves in begins to collapse as Elliot breaks through the defence. A swift break away from Weir finds Elliot one on one, and so late in the game, he makes no mistake and smashes the ball in to make it 2-1. Only two minutes of added time is given, and Tina throws on Quinn in place of Cuenca. It immediately pays off to the utter delight of everyone in the stadium bar the Rangers fans. Quinn takes a corner from the right and bends it in to Fleetwood, who breaks his 9 hour goalscoring duck with a delightful volley just 10 yards out. Its all score at Almondvale. Game on.

"I can only praise the comeback you achieved, guys. For a moment there, I thought our chance had gone. But now we have got Rangers running scared. Lets finish this tie off and book our spot in the semi's!"

Extra Time;

It all starts in Livi's favour, Tina's side showing real spirit to find a winner. Talbot becomes a real force on the left, and with La Cava, create some real havoc. Little occurs for 5 minutes before the most delightful moment of Tina's management career so far. Talbot played a great ball through the centre to Elliot, who turned and flicked the ball on to La Cava. He ran and ran and reached the area, before bending a great shot round McGregor.

Little more occurs in the first period of extra time, and its soon half time. The kickoff brings Rangers after Rangers attack, Boyd and Miller both going close, testing Martini with powerful efforts. Sadly for Livi fans, the exact thing they didnt want occurs. Boyd breaks away from Fresi, age showing its signs for him, and played a great ball to Beasley, who lobbed the onrushing Martini to level the score. Its a kick in the teeth for Livi, but they dont seem affected by it. They carry on attacking in force, pushing Rangers back into a deep formation. 118 mins and everything comes to a hilt. Talbot breaks down the left and plays La Cava through on goal with a outside of the foot pass. But Weir can see whats going to happen, and he runs across and brings down La Cava just outside the box, or so he thinks. A penalty is given to Livi, dubious to say the least. Tina is on her line, biting her nails. Who else to step up to take it than on-loan Celtic forward Rocco Quinn. He runs up and belts it with extreme power past McGregor. Scenes of jubilation follow for Livi, and everyone begins to bite their nails as they clock ticks down. Rangers dont attack again though, knowing they've lost it. The final whistle goes.

You couldnt have predicted it.

Livingston 4 (Elliot 80, Fleetwood 92, La Cava 97, Quinn pen118)

Rangers 3 (Edu 60, Novo 65, Beasley 110)

Attendance; 9998

MOTM; Antonio La Cava (8.4)

Thank you for your comments gentlemen. Its pleasing to know you stick by Tina :)

Tina and the boys were ecstatic. Beating Rangers was nothing short of epic for them. If nothing else, the victory could revive some belief in the squad to perform in the league after a shaky period. Despite the win, the evident leak of goals was disappointing to her still and needed sorting. The defenders she had brought in would still require a week or two to get fit, except Robin who was already at a good level.

Massone knocked gently on her door, and strode in gallantly.

"Tina." he said with a slight nod of his head.

"Always nice to see you visit my office Angelo."

"Thank you. I wanted to personally congratulate you on the victory against Rangers. It'll be a massive boost for the club, fans and players."

"And finances?" muttered Tina.

"You know me all too well."

"I assume you know who we have got next?" Massone asked.

"Yeah, home tie against Inverness Caley Thistle. Celtic got Hibs."

"Its winnable." said Massone, dreams glazing in his eyes.

"Every game is winnable Massone."

"Well I will let you get on with work." Massone smiled and took his leave. Tina relaxed after he left. She always felt under scrutiny, and she was due a board meeting in a couple of weeks.

But the next phone call Tina was to receieve would turn her world upside down once more. It was something she had come to expect, but could never be quite prepared. How could she be? Her mobile phone chimed away. She answered it after recognising the number.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Tina. Its Dr Dickson from Cefn Coed hopsital."

"Is my mother okay?" Tina asked instinctively.

"Shes deteriorating really quickly Tina. You should get down here as fast as you can."

Tina just sat there silent. She knew that Dr Dickson was speaking, but she just wasnt comprehending his words. She eventually replied.

"Ill be there as soon as I can."

She didnt give him a chance to reply. She ended the call and put the phone into her pocket. She got her bag and car keys and headed down to her car.

Her world was going to break apart for the second time. But this time the damage would be lasting.

Tina arrived at Swansea after around three hours of driving. She hadnt let up on the speed staying just within the limits. Inside herself she could feel a part of her slipping away. That part was her last remaining family.

She parked up shoddily, not really caring, and slipped inside the hospital. She met Amber the nurse once more, and she blanked her, knowing where she was going.

She halted as she found the door with her mothers name on it.

The door was partially open and she could just make out Dr Dickson seeing to her mother. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and knocked.

"Come in." rasped a tiny and weak voice.

Tina walked in and saw how dreadful her mother looked since she had seen her just four weeks ago.

"Ohh, its that dear girl that visited me last year." said her mum with a smile.

"It was four weeks ago Mrs Powell." corrected the Doctor.

"Was it?" said her mother, her face growing contorted as she tried to figure it out.

"So it was," she said, still not so sure, "what brings you back dear?"

"I wanted to see how you were."

"Im dying sweetheart. Im not going to be very good am I?" she said with a smile once more.

Tina smiled, but the tears were already welling up.

She pulled up a chair next to her mothers bed.

"What do you do for a living?" her mother asked.

"I manage a football team. Up in Scotland."

"Really? Wow. My husband did that here in Wales. He loved Swansea."

Tina found it hard to carry the conversation on acting like she doesnt exist.

"Do you have any family, Jane?"

"I have a daughter. Somewhere. She hasnt been to see me. We fell out some time ago."

Tina sat there struggling to cope. But her mother was getting weaker and she had to stay strong for her.

"Your daughter loves you so much, Jane. She really does."

Jane smiled, "I know she does. Deep down I always knew."

Tina took her mothers hand and held it tightly. It was soothing to feel the grip back, but it soon began to loosen.

"Dear, I need you to do me a favour."

"Anything." replied Tina.

"Find my Tina and give her a letter. Its in the top draw of my cabinet."

Tina got up and crossed to the cabinet, opened the top draw, and found a letter addressed to her.

"This one?" she asked.

"Thats it. Make sure she gets it."

Tina nodded and took her mothers hand again. Her mother didnt speak again and Tina just sat there holding her mothers hand. Eventually it went limp and the light grip vanished. Tina dug her head into the covers on the bed and cried.

Tina sat in the foyer of the hospital. The coffee in the thermo cup in her hands had gone cold hours ago, but the taste seemed no different to her. Her eyes were red because of the amount of crying she had done in the past few hours. Nothing seemed the same anymore. Her mother died peacefully. But it wasnt peaceful for Tina.

The doctor walked around the corner and was looking for her, spotting her propped in the corner.

"Tina, are you ok?"

The answer took a while to form at her lips, "Do I look like I'm god damn okay?"

The doctor shyed away, "I'm sorry."

"Sorry wont bring her back. My own mother had no god damn idea who I was. Please, do not subject me to the flimsiest of explanations. You dont know how I feel, so dont pretend."

Tina was now stood face to face with the doctor. A security guard had moved from his position on the front door to make sure nothing occurred.

The doctor looked guilty, but Tina knew it was no-one's fault. The letter her mother had written for her was inside the left pocket of her jeans. She pulled it out and finally decided to open it.

Tina,

My darling daughter. I only wish that you had come to see me in the hospital whilst I have been here. I know that we havent seen eye to eye since we fell out, but your always in my thoughts. If I'm honest, you are the only real evidence that I'm still alive. With your father no longer around, there is only you left to carry the family name on. I was so, so horrible to you the last time we spoke, and I know that I didnt mean the things I said. I can only hope you never meant the things you said too.

Your the best daughter anyone could ask for Tina. Your father was extremely proud of you your whole life. He would be even more proud knowing that you are now managing your own football club. Livingston are lucky to have you. As were me and your father.

Please, Tina, don't cry for me. I'm going to a better place now, and I'm going back to your father! I hope he is pleased to see me. We will continue to be proud of you from beyond the stars.

I love you, Tina Jesse Powell.

P.S. Some charming young lady came to visit me here at the hospital. Look her up. She was just like you!

Tina almost choked on the tears as she laughed at the final line. She put the letter back into the envelope and then pocket. She walked out of the hopsital and took a heavy breath of the fresh Swansea air. She walked across to her car and got in. She would never return to the hospital. She drove for five minutes until she reached a local B & B. She called Angelon back in Livingston and explained everything that had happened. He obviously gave her compassionate leave for the game tomorrow against St. Johnstone. Valter would take control for her. She lay on the bed in the B & B and was asleep within minutes.

Thanks alot as ever guys.

Tina woke up to the smell of french madeleine cakes being cooked and Kansas blairing out of the radio. She walked out of the living room towards where the smell was coming from and found her mother stood over the cooker.

"Wakey wak...." she began to shout before realising she was behind her, "oh, your already awake. You've got work in an hour."

"Work?" muttered Tina.

"Yes. You know, receptionism is a form of work."

"Oh, of course."

Tina walked across and reached out for a freshly cooked cake before her mothers hand slapped the back of hers. "Dont even think about it." she muttered.

Tina smiled and heard something in the garden. She walked to the window and looked out. Dick was in the garden. Tina's heart almost fluttered in excitement and shock, and she almost burst outside.

"You alright, dear?" she asked.

"Im fine, Dad. Are... are you?"

"Why wouldnt I be?"

Silly question, she thought to herself.

Tina walked across and hugged her dad.

"What was that for?" he asked.

"For not showing you and Mum enough."

"Tina, you show us in your own way. We know that." he replied with a smile.

Tina's Mum came out, but then it went fuzzy.

Tina woke up.

Saturday 1st November - St Johnstone vs. Livingston

McDiarmid Park

Scottish First Division

DR; Dave Mackay

DL; Olivier Bernard

DC; Seyfo Soley

DC; Salvatore Fresi

MR; Liam Fox

ML; Antonio La Cava

MC; Alejandro Caiaffa

MC; Jean Jose-Cuenca

ST; Stuart Fleetwood

ST; Terry Dixon (Trialist)

Subs; Roddy McKenzie, Jordan Murch, Keaghan Jacobs, Rocco Quinn, Richie Byrne

First HALF;

St Johnstone kicked the game off, but it was six minutes before anything occurred. The first chance fell to Fleetwood as he was played through on goal, but his shot was snappy and flew over with ease. St Johnstone also did well to get forward, Craig easily getting past Fresi to get a shot on goal, but his was just as bad as Fleetwood's. Davies had a great chance as Bernard hauled down Craig on the edge of the box. His set up was sneaky, and Davies forced Martini to haul it away. Fox did well to get forward on the right hand side, but twice his chance to cross came and he didnt. McDonald forces Martini into a world class save with his long range shot that almost flies into the top corner had it not been for the Frenchman. Martini finds himself with enough to do as McDonald hits another shot towards goal, which he saves. The rebound fell to Morris, who toe poked it towards goal, and Martini got down to turn it away. St Johnstone have perhaps been the better side but they go in level.

"Alright guys. I have to admit that the first half wasnt good enough. If Tina was here she would be laying into you. But she isnt. She has had a bereavement and she needs to come back to something good, yeah? Lets try and give her a good performance. Do it for her."

Second HALF;

It seems that any team talk given by Berlini at half time fell on deaf ears. St Johnstone attack straight from the off, and get their goal. McDonald playing Craig through, who easily slotted the ball home to send them in front. They continue to push forward despite the fact they got their goal already, Craig going very close with a flick on header. Berlini makes a change as Murch comes on for Dixon. Livi's first chance of the game finally comes, albeit a long range effort from Caiaffa going just over the bar. St Johnstone however are moving the ball around with great skill and ease, and McDonald almost gets through on goal, but Soley has other ideas and puts in a great last ditch tackle. Hardie has a great chance to put Livi out of the game, but he doesnt catch his shot properly and it bobbles wide. Livi continue to be under the kosh, Sheerin almost splitting the side netting with a very powerful shot. Livi finally find the impetus to get forward, but its poor. No one in the box dared to get a head on the balls put in from Mackay and La Cava, but the game ends in St Johnstone's favour.

"I dont know what to say. I thought you'd have at least tried for Tina, and you really didnt. I hope your ashamed to be honest."

St Johnstone 1 (Craig 47)

Livingston 0

Attendance; 3389

MOTM; Liam Craig (7.6)

Thanks very much salkster and welcome to the story :) Thanks Manxie. Spiro, I think your right about the cloud nine...

The drive back to Livingston would have to wait for Tina. As the only child of her mother and father, the funeral was left in her hands. Tina wanted to get it over and done with quickly. Funerals just really got to her, as everyone else might feel. But to Tina, it was just something she hated full stop. The funeral had been arranged for Thursday, with calls being made to give the other family members enough time to prepare to come down. With all of them being based in Wales bar Tina herself, there shouldnt be any travelling problems. Tina sat down at the table in her late parents' house and ticked off everything she had managed to do in the few days since her mothers death. She was thoroughly exhausted and in dire need of some rest before the funeral in two days time. The removal people were coming to take the items of the house to wherever they were going. Tina had taken out everything that was valuable to her and the rest was on its way out. She took all the photos out of frames and packed them up in a book.

As she sat the kitchen table, there was a knock at the door. Wearily, she got up to go and answer it. It was Eric Harrison. Tina said nothing as he opened the door, just hugged him tightly. Eric was taken aback by the show of affection, but repaid the favour.

"I would ask how you are, but its such a stupid question."

Tina managed a slight smile, "I'm as good as can be."

"Are all the preparations going well?"

"Yeah. The family have all been notified. I guess now all I can do is see who turns up."

Eric took Tina's hand in his, "They will. Dont worry about it. Is there anything I can help you with?"

"No, no. I cant ask you todo stuff, it isnt fair."

"Tina, name it and I'll do it. Im retired, not incapable."

Tina almost laughed, but it just came out as a smile. "The removal people will be here tomorrow. Most of this stuff needs packing up."

"I'll help you, dont worry."

Tina nodded and they began to pack the things up. Tina was doing her mums room, but was so exhausted, that she fell asleep on the bed. Eric continued to work around her and by the evening, most of the stuff was in boxes.

It was Thursday. It was the day of the funeral, and Tina was totally unprepared. Sleep hadnt been very forthcoming for her the last few nights, but it mattered little right now. Thanks to Eric, all of the stuff had been packed up and shipped away. Tina stood in front of the large mirror that she was taking in her car. She was dressed in the customary all black dress with a black blouse. She also had a hat that Eric had graciously picked up for her. She felt like a broken woman inside, but knew she had to stay strong for the people around her. Eric was coming to the funeral, on request from Tina, and arrived in his black suit to drive her there. The drive to the cemetary was silent, Tina conserving herself for the funeral itself.

The funeral procession was immensely quiet, with the only family members turning up. The vicar seemed distant and looked as if he just wanted the day to be over. The family offered their condolensces and then left, leaving just Tina stood over the coffin in the ground.

"I know you cant hear me mum," she spoke softly, "but I'm here. I read your letter and I am so, so sorry. I did come to visit you in the hospital, and I wish you knew that I had. I was the girl that you wrote about."

Tina really didnt want to cry, and did well to hold the tears back.

"I know that I wasnt the best daughter, but now I am going to make you and dad proud."

She pulled the one of two red roses out of her pocket and kissed it before dropping it onto the top of the coffin. She walked across two feet to the next grave along where her father was buried. She kissed the second rose and placed it in front of the gravestone.

"Cara 'ch , Fam a dadogi."

Valter was leading training when a figure came up behind him.

"Valter." said a quiet voice.

Tina was stood behind him, and Valter gave her a hug. "Its good to see you back, Tina." he said.

"Thanks." she replied.

Things were awkward for a few minutes as both just watched the training unfold. "Is everything ok?" asked Valter.

"As fine as can be, I suppose." replied a downbeat Tina.

"Well, the First Lady Of Football, your team needs you. How about we set these fools on course to get a god damned win?"

Tina smiled, and she walked onto the pitch.

"Listen up, everyone. I know that I havent been around lately and I'm sure you all know why. So lets put the past behind us, and lets try and find a win against Dundee."

Tina picked up a ball and threw towards Martini.

"And stay on your god damn line." she shouted to him. The players laughed and training resumed.

Saturday 8th November - Livingston vs. Dundee

Almondvale Stadium

Scottish First Division

DR; Damien Robin

DL; Jason Talbot

DC; Salvatore Fresi

DC; Dave Mackay

DMC; Seyfo Soley

AMR; Liam Fox

AML; Antonio La Cava

MC; Alejandro Caiaffa

MC; Jean Jose-Cuenca

ST; Stuart Fleetwood

Subs; Roddy McKenzie, Jordan Murch, Tony McParland, Calum Elliot, Richie Byrne

First HALF;

Dundee lined up with a very peculiar 5-3-2, but neither side really got into the game straight away. Both sides suffered early bookings, Fox for Livi and Smith and Pozniak for Dundee. Dundee get the first shot at goal though, Cowan trying his luck from outside the area only to see it flash over. Livi have a good chance at the right end, but a flash break from Dundee leaves them a goal down, Curier running the whole pitch and slotting it in past Martini. Livi attempt to get back into it, Fresi going close with a dipping volley, but not close enough. A penalty shout is then turned down by the referee, Caiaffa adamant that he was hauled down by Pozniak. Livi have a great chance to level the score moments later when Robin's freekick finds Fleetwood, who only had to poke it in, but saw Roy turn it away from nowhere. Fresi has what everyone believes is the last chance of the half, a poor shot from just outside the area. Livi's day is made worse when a counter is launched again, McKenna ending it with a tap in from a Curier cross.

"You know, I thought we might actually turn a corner. I know we havent had the greatest of weeks, havent won strongly for a while, and probbaly are still hungover from the Rangers match, but we really need to find some form before we find ourselves slip down the league. Go out there and for once, this season, dont just lay down and take it. Be men, fight for yourselves."

Second HALF;

Livi came out of the blocks very quickly after La Cava and Robin with Byrne and McParland, and within minutes had a goal back. McParland with a deft one two with Fleetwood saw him break the line, and lashed a low shot past Roy to make Almondvale sing for the first time in awhile. Dundee immediately try to restore their two goal advantage, and go close when Curier see's a left footed shot tipped just wide by Martini. Livi look shaky at the back and Talbot almost costs them again, his mis-hit finding Curier, who almost lobbed Martini. Livi finally find some footing in the game and begin to launch attacks, and finally break through. McParland played Fox in delightfully before he crossed it across goal, finding Fleetwood waiting, and with a deft flick, it was in and Livi were level. After this, both sides attempted to steal a winner, but neither had a proper effort on goal, Pozniak having the only shot. A point a piece is a fair reflection on a game where earlier in the season finished 4-4.

"Much better out there in the second half, and it wasnt a defeat. Lets build on it for next time, guys. Im still rather worried about the amount of goals we are shipping."

Livingston 2 (McParland 48, Fleetwood 76)

Dundee 2 (Curier 22, McKenna 45)

Attendance; 3521

MOTM; Kieran McKenna (7.9)

Thanks alot as ever minisav, im glad your still reading! :thup:

Despite drawing to Dundee, Tina saw the result as positive considering. Today was her day off, and she just wanted to get out somewhere, anywhere. She found herself walking through Almondvale Shopping Centre. Despite the fact that she was almost certain someone would recognise her, she didnt dress any differently. In jeans and a bright coloured t-shirt, she almost looked at home in a group of teen girls walking past her.

I can remember being that young, she thought to herself. She walked past a GAME store and noticed that Football Manager was on sale. Her father, Dick, used to play it on the weekends. He was always Airbus in Wales.

With Tina on £750 a week, she didnt really have too much cash to spare, but decided she had to treat herself, especially after the weeks gone by. She spotted a River Island store and couldnt resist going in.

She had been looking round for just ten minutes when she turned to head to the other side of the shop. As she turned, a guy bumped into her and she dropped the dress-top she had picked up moments earlier. She bent down to pick it up but so did he, and in typical romantic movie fashion, they bumped heads. Tina laughed realising how corny it must have looked to people around.

She stood up and finally got a look at the guy. He was mighty handsome. He was just over six foot and was built nicely, not too many muscles but enough to stand up and be noticed.

"I'm really sorry about that, I never saw you."

Tina managed a shy smile, "Its fine, honestly. No damage done," she said, tapping her forehead,"and are you ok?"

"Built of steel I am." he said, laughing at how stupid it sounded. "Let me treat you to a coffee, as an apology."

Tina nodded, "Deal. Let me just pay for this." She walked to the counter and within seconds was served and on her way out of the shop.

"So, what should I call you, Miss?" he asked as they walked to a coffee shop down the centre.

"I'm Tina. You?"

"Jake."

"Well, its nice to meet you Jake, even if it was a little clumsy."

Jake laughed and threw his hands up in helpless gesture, "Clumsy from birth, I am."

They reached the coffee shop and ordered two mochas. "You don't sound like your from around here." Tina said.

"Neither do you. You remind me of someone, but I can't place who it is." he replied.

Tina laughed, "I'm from Swansea."

"Ah, a bonny Welsh lass, ey?"

"Yeah, thats me. And where would you be from?"

"I was born in Manchester, but its been a long time since I called it home."

There was silence as they sipped their coffees for awhile.

"What do you for a living?" Tina asked.

"Nothing exciting. I'm just a mechanic." he said with a smile.

"Well I'll know who to come to when I need my car fixing." said Tina before laughing.

"And what do you do?"

"Erm, well. I'm a manager."

"Ah, nice. Who are you manager for? Don't say McDonalds." he said.

"Not quite McDonalds."

"Then?"

"Livingston FC."

Jake sat there dumbfounded before speaking, "I'll be damned. Well that clears up where I know you from."

Thanks Manxie and minisav.

"You will NOT believe who I just had a coffee with in town!" laughed Jake down the phone.

"Surprise me." replied his friend.

"Tina bloody Powell!"

"No effing way!" shouted the friend down the phone.

"Yes way! Man, she looks mega hot in person."

"Don't tell me you slept with her?"

"Hell no. What do you take me for?"

"I know what your like, Jake. So, you seeing her again?"

"Hopefully." muttered Jake.

Tina stood on the pitch side with Valter and watched as Mackay slid in on Martucci.

"Valter." asked Tina.

"Yeah?"

"Where do you think we are going wrong defensively?"

"What do you mean?"

"Were one of the top conceders in the league, and I can't even remember the last time we kept a clean sheet."

"I'm not sure, if I'm totally honest."

"I think we should try out a new system, in the next match in the hope of at least reducing the amount of goals we are shipping."

"Worth a shot, I suppose." he said.

Tina watched once more as Martucci repaid Mackay for the tackle earlier.

"We definitely have the players to have a strong defence, but we just need them to function together as a unit." said Valter.

"True. Even just to reduce the amount would be an achievement."

"First and foremost though, we need a league win. It has been a few matches now since we last won, and we need to kickstart the campaign."

"Yeah, and we need to crack the team out of this trance they find themselves in after the win over Rangers. It will probably happen against Inverness as well if we find a victory, so how do we counteract it?"

"Best thing to do would be to hold an after match meeting and remind them of what is ahead."

"Good plan." replied Tina.

Tina had done her best to prepare for this fixture, and a win would be the flavour of the day. However, Massone and Dunfermline chairman John Yorkston had decided that this game would be a fan day, leaving both sides hoping to give the fans a showing.

Wednesday 19th November - Dunfermline vs. Livingston

East End Park

Scottish First Division

DR; Damien Robin

DL; Richie Byrne

DC; Salvatore Fresi

DC; Dave Mackay

DMC; Seyfo Soley

AMR; Liam Fox

AML; Antonio La Cava

MC; Alejandro Caiaffa

MC; Jean Jose-Cuenca

ST; Stuart Fleetwood

Subs; Roddy McKenzie, Jordan Murch, Tony McParland, Calum Elliot, Chris Innes

First HALF;

Dunfermline kick the game off and forge the first chance, Bayne forcing a save out of Martini with a snap shot from the edge of the area. Dunfermline keep Livi under pressure, Bayne setting up Kirk, and his shot was fine, had it not been for Byrne's block may have gone in. A moment of anger comes over the Livi team when Byrne plays a through ball to Fleetwood who should have got onto it had it not been for a tug of his shirt that neither the ref or linesman would give. Livi get a corner instead, and La Cava picks out Caiaffa, who's volley is sweet but well saved by Gallacher. Dunfermline go close again when Bayne plays Phinn through, but his shot is too high and rather a waste. A moment of pure genius follows for Tina's Livi though. Much maligned signing Seyfo Soley picks up a loose ball on the edge of the area and unleashes a rocket 30 yards past Gallacher and into the top corner. Dunfermline come straight back after Livi, Bayne forcing a terrific save out of Martini. Kirk then tries his luck with a skidding shot, but it goes wide enough for Martini to know to leave it. Former Fulham player Ian Pearce goes close with a header, but is penalised for a foul anyway. The half time whistle rings out around East End Park and Livi go in happy.

"An okay first half guys. But we know what has happened before, and now we must prevent it from happening. First and foremost, this league is our main priority. If the performances aren't forthcoming, I won't hesitate to drop you for the Inverness cup semi final. So show me what your made of."

Second HALF;

Sadly for Livi, Seyfo Soley picked up an injury in the first half and had to come off, Jordan Murch his replacement. Byrne creates and early chance for Fleetwood, a great cross from the left hand side finding the strikers head, but sadly it went over. Calum Woods has a great chance with a dangerous freekick, but the effort is rather hash and hits the wall before being cleared. Dunfermline continue to rain down efforts on Martini, seeing the Frenchman pushing one away before tipping one wide. Cuenca sets up Fleetwood with a lovely little backheel, but the striker can't get his effort on target again. Calum Elliot is brought on to replace the misfiring forward. Livi's day gets worse when Cuenca is crushed under a tackle by Phinn, the referee viewing it as red card worthy. McParland comes on to replace the injured Cuenca. Byrne is having a great game with his crosses, and once more picks out a Livi shirt, this time Fox, who hits it with power, but sadly no direction. Robin, not to be outdone by his left sided counterpart, puts in a terrific cross to Elliot, but the striker is offside and doesnt even get his header on target anyway. McParland causes havoc on the right side before the whistle is blown on a well earned Livi victory.

"Excellent! Now that is what im talking about. I hope your all proud, you have all done excellently today. This win was what we all needed, and lets hope it now gives us great confidence."

Dunfermline Athletic 0

Livingston 1 (Soley 22)

Attendance; 6331

MOTM; Seyfo Soley (7.5)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the continued support guys, finally reached 3000 views. Spiro, I cant help but enjoy the fact you get in trouble at work :D

Tina was parking up at Almondvale when she spotted Massone sat in his car. She walked across, but realised that he hadn't seen her. She gently rapped on the window. He almost jumped out of his skin before winding down the window.

"Weird question, I know," asked Tina, "but why are you just sat out here staring into the abyss?"

Massone still seemed lost in his own little world before eventually snapping out of it. "Just thinking about things."

"May I ask what things?"

"The club is struggling financially again."

Tina sighed. She thought this had been gotten through.

She knew she had to ask, "How bad?"

"Very. At no point this season have we made a profit and we just aren't bringing enough cash in."

Tina walked around the front of the car and sat in the passenger seat.

"What are you going to do?"

"I don't know. I just don't know. We are paying just over ten grand a month for the Company Voluntary Agreement. It's ten grand we just dont have. I'm not sure if the players will receive their next wage on time."

Tina threw him a look, "I hope you are planning on telling them properly."

"Yes." he muttered.

Tina stood to the side as Massone stood in the dead centre of the players. They had been called in from training for this.

"Erm, I'm not sure how to say this, but we are once again, as a club, experiencing financial difficulties. The money just isn't adding up for us, and we are struggling. There is a big possibility that you might not get paid on time this week."

"This club is a joke," spat Chris Innes, "I've done this all before with Gretna. I'm not doing it again."

Massone tried to speak, but the words just didn't come out. Tina stepped in.

"This club is a joke, Chris? Is that how you see it? We are currently joint third in the league and in the semi-finals of the League Cup, and you think were a joke?"

Innes scoffed. "Financial difficulties? More like he has spent it."

"You know, Chris, leave if you want to. Your not forced to stay. I'll gladly tear your contract up right now if it means that there is one less doubter in the camp."

Innes soured away, "Yeah, whatever."

"Now if these is anyone else in here right now who feels the same, step up to the plate and be a man about it. If not then listen to my voice right now. We are a team. Do you know what a team is meant to do? They are supposed to look out for each other. So I know that you guys rely on the money, we all do! Hell, you aren't the only people being affected here. So step up and be men about it. We are doing well as a team, and we can't let things stand in our way. Why don't we start by winning a few games and getting our arses into gear on the training pitch?"

Mackay stepped up and shook Tina's hand. "Shes right, lets get to it guys. We have a cup match soon against Albion Rovers and a win is nothing but a must."

The players all stood up got ready to back out for training before Mackay stopped them in their tracks to talk to Tina.

"Tina," he said, "its raining. Do we really have to go out?"

Tina threw him a sour look.

Archived