The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

If he gets an early look-in and scores, he'll be very useful, 10+ goal potential. If he has to wait around on the bench and not get many chances, he'll annoy you. He relies on confidence, trust from his manager, and is impatient and in a hurry to get his goals. Big move for him.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has told new boss Luiz Felipe Scolari that at least one Russian should be at the club.

The Brazilian now faces a choice between signing one or more of the country's Euro 2008 heroes from a choice of Andrei Arshavin, Yuriy Zhirkov, Akinfeyev Akinfeyev and Roman Pavlyuchenko. (Tvoi Den [Russian tabloid]

Inter Milan have privately claimed to have struck a £7m deal for Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard and say the deal will be officially announced once the England star returns from holiday in Sicily. (Daily Mirror)
Brazil playmaker Ronaldinho has openly admitted he would love to join Luiz Felipe Scolari at Chelsea from Barcelona. "If this opportunity to work with him again comes off it will be beautiful," he said. (The Sun)

Originally posted by Razzler:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has told new boss Luiz Felipe Scolari that at least one Russian should be at the club.

Dont believe that for one second </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still wouldnt mind Arshavin though. icon_biggrin.gif Pavlyuchenko worth a go as well, althought what age is he?

Arshavin is actually on his way to Chelsea, who have had a bid accepted by Zenit and the player is now London-bound to hold personal talks. (Daily Mirror)
Chelsea have offered Frank Lampard £140,000 a week to try to persuade the midfielder to reject Inter Milan's advances and sign a new deal. (Daily Express)
It's a typically busy summer at Stamford Bridge with the club's board being told to sell striker Didier Drogba by new manager Luiz Felipe Scolari. (The Sun)
Scolari also wants to offer Florent Malouda to Barcelona as part of a deal to sign striker Samuel Eto'o from the Nou Camp outfit. (The Sun)

Some good news in there, although how much of it thats true is another questions, would love Arshavin to come to us, although still believe Spain is his first preference. Getting rid of Malouda in any shape or form is always great news, and I still cant see Frank leaving. Would like to see how Drogba gets on in training etc before deciding his future.

Originally posted by deez0r:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by macca69:

Malouda is crap.

Seems to be the general consensus around here. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't believe barca would sign him - haven't they watched him play for the last year? lol

Zenit St Petersburg have told Chelsea and Barcelona they want £20m for Andrei Arshavin, not the £12m the two clubs have offered. (Daily Express)
Chelsea are set to sell defender Branislav Ivanovic to Juventus. (Daily Mirror)

The club website stated that Ivanovic will play a full part in pre-season so I expect he will stay. Would be disappointed if he didn't get a chance at all, from what I've seen of him for Serbia and the Reserves I would much rather have him come into the team than Tal Ben-Haim, has always looked very comfortable.

Arsenal have emerged as favourites to sign Andrei Arshavin after Chelsea ended their interest in the Russian playmaker. (Sunday Telegraph)
Didier Drogba has said he is still desperate to leave Chelsea and he could be replaced at Stamford Bridge by Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o. (The Observer)
New Chelsea signing Deco has pleaded with Frank Lampard to stay at the club so they can form a dangerous midfield partnership. (The People)

Its been a while, a shame to see we haven't really looked like signing anyone. But Sidwell has gone!!

Frank Lampard has left Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich stunned by rejecting a £140,000-a-week deal over four years. (Daily Star)
And ex-Blues boss Jose Mourinho has stirred things up by claiming Lampard is "the best professional" he has worked with as he tries to lure the midfielder to Inter Milan. (Various)
The Stamford Bridge club are considering making bids for Real Madrid forward Robinho and Valencia striker David Villa. (Independent)
Andrei Arshavin fears he has priced himself out of a move from Zenit St Petersburg after his impressive showing at Euro 2008. (Daily Telegraph)

So, the season kind of kicks off for us tomorrow with the Aldershot friendly. The side will be made up of Youth/Reserve team players and I shall be heading down there. Will be interesting to see how the younger members of the side cope with what I imagine will be a physically strong Aldershot side, all part of their learning curve however. Pretty excited about it actually, really need my football fix, starting to get withdrawal symptons.

Still no news of us signing anyone :(

AC Milan are poised to sign Barcelona's Ronaldinho on a two-year deal for £12m.
Frank Lampard must stay at Chelsea for another season after owner Roman Abramovich refused to sell to Inter Milan and former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho. (Daily Express)
New Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari promised Lampard he would help him make his dream move to Inter Milan. (The Sun)
Portsmouth will press ahead with plans to sign Shaun Wright-Phillips from Chelsea in a £10m deal after signing Peter Crouch. (The Independent)
Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon has held talks with AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani about Andriy Shevchenko returning to his former club. (The Sun)
Chelsea's new signing Deco has left with a less than glowing reference from Barcelona president Joan Laporta, who said it was "great business. In the previous two seaons Deco was one of the players with the lowest level of performance."

Aldershot game finished 2-2, Stoch and Kakuta with the goals. Both goals were good finishes after being put through on goal by neat through balls. Kakuta's goal I thought was especially well taken as he had to hold off a pretty burly defender whilst he tucked it away at the near post. Stoch hobbled off with about 20 minutes to go after kicking the floor attempting a shot, hope he's alright. Thought Bridcutt was very good at centre half, as he always seems to be when i've watched him. Was good to be watching football again. :)

Team - Taylor, Van Aanholt, Bridcutt, Magnay, Cummings, Taiwo, Tejera, Fernandes, Stoch, Ferreira, Neilsen.

Subs - Searle, Sala, Kakuta, Philliskirk, Woods, Mellis.

Had no clue that was you in front of me, will post in here if im going to any of the other pre-season games, not sure I can yet. The camera thing was bizarre, not sure that my little Olympus is a threat to any real photographers :D. The stewards wouldn't even let me back into the Chelsea end after getting my bacon bap at first, had to convince them I was a Chelsea supporter. Was all very serious for a pre-season friendly, good fun nonetheless.4

So not to much being said about Frank in here, what are we all thinking?

It's really difficult for me, for all of us no doubt, as there is so much to think about, on the one hand, it's Super FL, a complete and true legend for us, guaranteed 15+ Goals/Assists next season, we love him.

However if what is being said is true and we have in fact offered a 4 year 140K pw contract, but he's refusing to sign because he wants 5 years then how can you not think that he really, really wants leave, then we should allow him to go, if he's so confident he'll be in the team in 5 years he'd take the 4 contract and earn the extra year down the road, further more, can Inter even afford to come anywhere near these kind of figures? I'm thinking no and this purely about Jose.

I wish Frank would just come out and say want he's thinking, this is no way for him to go out after what we've been through with him, if he would just come out and say he always wanted test himself in a European league and what better chance to do it than with Jose at Inter, a manager that we all watched together make him a better player, I'm sure we could all appreciate that, say thanks, leave on good terms and keep the good memory's instead of it ending with bitterness which I think alot of fans are already starting to feel, Lamp's has done so much for us that 30 years from now he should be getting talked about in the same breath as men like Ozzie, Franco, Chopper, Wisey etc, not getting booed out of Stamford Bridge by half the fans that still have this in the back of their mind.

I just hope it gets sorted sharpish, this is not the kind of start the big man needs for his first pre-season prep.

Really disgusted with frank tbh. last season he was kissing the badge, has really gone down in my opinion, with the likes of Drogba. Were going through a recession and all he cares about is getting £140,000 a week, for playing a game he loves.

Really disgusted with frank tbh. last season he was kissing the badge, has really gone down in my opinion, with the likes of Drogba. Were going through a recession and all he cares about is getting £140,000 a week, for playing a game he loves.

I said it long time ago, no player is bigger then the club. Turning down such an good offer when over 30s only get 2 years max at most clubs is ridiculous. He gave his all to the club for which he will be remembered but enough is enough

Frank's going to leave, be it this transfew window or at the end of the season, that's a given. The real question is are we better off cashing in this window for the reported £8 million being offered and keeping potentially a distracted player, or keeping him for one final season. Should we get a decent fee for Frank then I wouldnt be adverse to letting him leave this window, as much to get it all done and dusted. Rumours now emanating from Italy that it could be cash + Adriano that is offered. I've always liked Adriano but he's had his problems recently and i'm not sure how he did in his spell at Sao Paulo, he certainly got back in shape physically from a few photos is saw.

Would be a real shame not to see Frank back in a Chelsea shirt again but this has been coming for the last 18 months now. A 5 year contract on £150,000 for a 30 year old does seem excessive but this is Frank Lampard, a massive asset for us and an integral part of our success over the last 5 years. There is an argument that Frank should take the reported 4 year deal being offered and show his worth for an extension and I completely understand and agree with that. Personally, I think Lampard quite likes the idea of heading to Italy, sampling another culture, both in footballing and lifestyle terms and is almost using this contract issue as a smokescreen for that. Would much rather he comes out and says that he fancies finishing his career in Italy, under a manager he clearly loves and respects than let this contract malarkey overshadow a fantastic Chelsea career. Whatever he decides, I would have understood and respected but this has started to drag on and on.

Yes, apparently Roman agreed with the four year deal, and he rejected.

Frank Lampard has left Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich stunned by rejecting a £140,000-a-week deal over four years. (Daily Star)

It is from the Daily Star though

Archived