The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Matt Cavanagh:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheRandomGuy:

anyone realised all our home games against the other three of the big four come after CL group stage games?

prefer that to wigan away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah. Never said it was a bad thing, just found it odd.

Phil or to anyone else that knows, are you limited to 1 ticket per person if your a member? Trying to get to the Utd game in September and a friend in London would like to go as well. Any help appreciated.

Originally posted by orion318:

According to portuguese media the Deco deal is basicly sealed, and he's asked Ronaldinho not to go to City but to join him at Chelsea instead..

Thats nice of him.

On June 17th 2008, during a Euro 2008 match against Italy, Ribéry suffered an injury after 8 minutes. According to ZDF of Germany (who cite a Swiss doctor) the tibia or fibula (or both) in his left leg have been broken.

Thats from the ever so reliable Wiki.

Looks like Villa have tied up the Sidewell deal for £5.5m, pretty good business from us there, signed for free, £5.5m profit in a season, plus hes been crap when he has played (and no Chelsea have not "ruined" him). icon_biggrin.gif

Doubt he would have got much bonuses to be honest, did he actually score for us? And didnt get much assists and we didnt win anything so no trophy winning bonuses. Still a profit none the less, cant complain.

Originally posted by bridgekings:

Friend of mine sorted out Sidwell's mortgage and needed proof of his income. Told me that he was on a base rate of around 50k a week but had large appearance fees on top of that, around 20k or so for every league start.

Probably why he didnt play much then, cant believe he is on anywhere near 50k a week.

• Administrators

Nine confirmed first year scholars (plus I'm certain Marko Mitrovic will be one as well). Will blatantly whore this now.

Aldi Haxia

Sam Walker

Tom Hayden

Jeffrey Bruma

Conor Clifford

Jacopo Sala

Kaby

Frank Nouble

Vincenzo Camilleri also taken on as we knew, no profile done for him yet but it's in the works.

Originally posted by deez0r:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bridgekings:

Friend of mine sorted out Sidwell's mortgage and needed proof of his income. Told me that he was on a base rate of around 50k a week but had large appearance fees on top of that, around 20k or so for every league start.

Probably why he didnt play much then, cant believe he is on anywhere near 50k a week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not that i really care, but why is that even slightly hard to believe? Free transfer to Chelsea? I think it was pretty much understood that was his base wage.

BBC sport says Ribery 'hurt his ankle and sprained his ankle'. What a wuss if he's out for 2 months with that..

Anyway.. I just came in to say about the bizarre story that Chelsea have been in contact with Steve Kean and offered him a coaching role.

He's currently with us (coventry) as Coleman's right hand man after working with Coleman in both of his previous jobs.

And the reason they've gone for Kean? He can speak Portuguese.

Chelsea really setting high standards for their backroom staff these days. Although you can have him for a few million if you want him that badly icon_biggrin.gif

What are folks views on Drogaba. Not been on here for a while but personally I've had enough. Where I live, there are not many Chelsea fans but those of us that are around here are sick of him.

I hope he does leave if we can get adequate replacement. Like someone suggested, Villa seems extremely unlikely, Berbatov rumours have all but died a death and I think the Liverpool owners would be lynched if they even thought about selling Torres.

Valencia midfielder David Albelda has admitted that Chelsea are interested in signing him.

Chelsea and Tottenham are both said to be keen on Albelda - but only if he is available on a free transfer.

Albelda has long been trying to negotiate his release from Valencia after being frozen out under coach Ronald Koeman.

The Dutchman has now left but Albelda and Valencia still look set to go their separate ways before the start of next season.

However, the Spaniard admits that Valencia's demands for him could price him out of a move away from the Mestalla.

"The subject is in the hands of my agent," Albelda told Las Provincias.

"I have received an offer and Chelsea are sensational, but Valencia want money for me."

Valencia have recently stated that they wanted to help Albelda's move away from the club to be as smooth as possible.

This can't be true surely? He's nowhere near good enough for you.

Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Valencia midfielder David Albelda has admitted that Chelsea are interested in signing him.

Chelsea and Tottenham are both said to be keen on Albelda - but only if he is available on a free transfer.

Albelda has long been trying to negotiate his release from Valencia after being frozen out under coach Ronald Koeman.

The Dutchman has now left but Albelda and Valencia still look set to go their separate ways before the start of next season.

However, the Spaniard admits that Valencia's demands for him could price him out of a move away from the Mestalla.

"The subject is in the hands of my agent," Albelda told Las Provincias.

"I have received an offer and Chelsea are sensational, but Valencia want money for me."

Valencia have recently stated that they wanted to help Albelda's move away from the club to be as smooth as possible.

This can't be true surely? He's nowhere near good enough for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I highly doubt that. Although was a legend for me in FM06 \o/.

Originally posted by masteR+_+:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That is how Felipão tends to line up with Portugal iirc.

He won the 1999 Copa Libertadores with Palmeiras and the 1995 one with Grêmio playing 4-4-2. And the 2002 WC playing 3-5-2. He's versatile icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, i think he only plays 4-5-1 with portugal because there just aren't many compotent portugese strikers, they find it hard enough to field one, let alone two lol.

Highly regarded, travelled with the first team squad last pre-season. Once he settled into the CM position for Scunthorpe last season he recieved rave reviews, winning the young player of the season there. Would imagine he would continue as a CM if he joined you.

Originally posted by Okkas:

What are folks views on Drogaba. Not been on here for a while but personally I've had enough. Where I live, there are not many Chelsea fans but those of us that are around here are sick of him.

I want Dider to stay, basically because he's fb.

I understand what it is some Chelsea fans are sick of, the falling over rather easily, its a part of his game that annoys all of us, the sending off, the constant rumours he's off, never even heard him actually say he wants to go.

However think about what he brings to us when he's "On", there's no need to explain because you all know how good he is and what he gives us, I'll take the bad parts of Drogba all day long, rather than not have the goals, points and games he'll win us over the course of the season.

heh, 9 members online. Took me a while to find this as I wasn't expecting anything.

Drogba can **** off. Seriously have no interest in him staying whatsoever, no matter what he says to the media. He's an utter moron. Had no interest in anything towards the end of the last season and hindered the team more than helped it. All culminating in the Champions League Final, where he does the petty ******** that we've come to expect from him, in the biggest game in the club's history.

No interest in him staying whatsoever and the sooner he is out of the door the better. He was rubbish last season for the majority of games and I'd rather have someone else in who doesn't quite match him in terms of talent, but isn't an absolute twat who will not turn up half of the time and infuriate everyone at the club with his ridiculous antics.

In summary, **** off Drogba, you're a ****.

Originally posted by Philip Rolfe:

No. I don't think he's as good as the hype about him because of more recent performances, and not better than players we can get. Heck, he's not even better than Joe Cole.

Tbh i think he is better than Joey.

Originally posted by TheRandomGuy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by macca69:

Anyone think we should get Arshavin? Big Rom wold have links to nab him?

I'd rather him than Deco.

Hell I'd rather we kept Sidwell than signed Deco.

(note to self: stop going on about how much you hate Deco) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Deco is **** so lets just hope we do not sign the little weasel.

So much Deco hate in this thread. I don't dislike Deco, I seem almost ashamed to say it, and wouldn't be particularly adverse to seeing him in a Chelsea shirt. He was good in the Euro's and it's fair to say the thing we need most is someone who can unlock doors for us. Deco could do that, he's a creative player. My only problem would be his age, iirc he is going to be 31 soon after the season kicks off. As long as the price is right then I dont have a problem with his signing.

As for Arshavin, he's a player i've been in love with since seeing him play on a trip to St.Petersburg a few years ago. He was brilliant that day and his performances in the Euro's have been superb. The way he plays and his slight stature reminds me of the great man, Zola. We don't currently have a player who does what Arshavin can do in that second striker/attacking midfielder role. I expect he will move to Spain but I would be delighted if he moved to Chelsea.

Archived