FM21 Touch most "important" new features announced

Hi,

While I can't seem to find it in English (for sure my bad), the German page of FM lists these four as the most important new features in FMT 2021.

Out of 4, two are mostly graphics related, one is celebration related and one is match engine related - is that really it?

- spectacular game day (graphics)
- better results with data (mostly graphics)
- celebrate your victories (graphics, you can now see how players get their medal)
- our most immersive match engine (data)

https://www.footballmanager.com/de/features/fm21-touch-die-wichtigsten-neuen-features

With only 3 days to the release, Is there an overview that compares the features for each version? People who buy this game are all about data, so even if the list would be huge I'm sure it would be useful to make an informed decision on which version to buy.

Here is the link to the new features in English for you: https://www.footballmanager.com/features/fm21-touch-new-headline-features

I'm unaware of a features comparison, but essentially FM Touch focuses on Tactics and Transfers. The Touch version strips out Dynamics, Team Talks and the vast majority of media interaction.

In fairness to SI, it's hard to add features to FM Touch without moving away from it being a stripped back version of the main game. All the fundamentals are included already.

2 minutes ago, 17Gonzo said:

Here is the link to the new features in English for you: https://www.footballmanager.com/features/fm21-touch-new-headline-features

I'm unaware of a features comparison, but essentially FM Touch focuses on Tactics and Transfers. The Touch version strips out Dynamics, Team Talks and the vast majority of media interaction.

In fairness to SI, it's hard to add features to FM Touch without moving away from it being a stripped back version of the main game. All the fundamentals are included already.

Thanks for the link!

Absolutely, I guess I got a bit "scared" when "new celebrations" are called out as a main new feature.

Can't wait for Dec1st!

The updated match engine and graphics/animations are already on a different level to last year. 

The xG and statistics are a great addition. I personally also like the UI although many don't. It is a bit buggy still but all in all I wouldn't go back to a previous version. 

It's difficult to get "new" features for FMT, unless there are changes to tactics, scouting, transfers. 

4 hours ago, 17Gonzo said:

I agree with you in terms of the elements that are in the game, but in terms of the optimization that we users would expect, I think the game just stalled. This is particularly evident in the android and ios version. 

In 2015 when the FMT first came out to android and Ios we had a 3 nations limit and a 30 season limit. 5 years later we are with the same limits. 

There is also a clear lack of optimization of the game to be played to truly in a "touch" environment, with buttons and drop menus too small to be touched with your fingers. 

So, there is a huge work that can be done to really make FMT a "touch" game. 

36 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

I agree with you in terms of the elements that are in the game, but in terms of the optimization that we users would expect, I think the game just stalled. This is particularly evident in the android and ios version. 

In 2015 when the FMT first came out to android and Ios we had a 3 nations limit and a 30 season limit. 5 years later we are with the same limits. 

There is also a clear lack of optimization of the game to be played to truly in a "touch" environment, with buttons and drop menus too small to be touched with your fingers. 

Totally agree with you, I'm not really sure I'd play FMT on my ipad if I hadn't the apple pencil + I find the limits a bit ridiculous too: just give the players the option to add more leagues and seasons, flagging how it impacts the speed (as it's already doing)..

Edited by charliebigpot

1 hour ago, Keyzer Soze said:

This is the inherent issue with them calling it Touch, I personally play it on the laptop. Tried playing FM21 Demo and it's simply too much, information overload. Gone back to FMT 2018 now

26 minutes ago, Geordieboy52 said:

Whilst I love FMT and all it stands for I would like to see an editor for custom leagues.

It'd be interesting for sure. The only problem I foresee is that the normal additional files you find on fansites and here will probably not be compatible with FMT as the league rules are more detailed in the full game. It'll probably lead to a situation that you find with skinning. We can only find a couple of fan made skins every year for FMT.

Edited by rafaelbenitez

On 29/11/2020 at 14:22, Keyzer Soze said:

This is a perspective that I hadn't considered in all honesty. I play on PC and can load quite a lot of leagues up whilst also not hitting a maximum number of seasons. I would therefore qualify my earlier statement and say that from a PC perspective there isn't a great deal to add.

Edited by 17Gonzo