[FM 21] Eredivisie

bendixkunert2

Ajax Amsterdam.svg

Full name Amsterdamsche Football Club Ajax

Nickname(s) de Godenzonen (Sons of the Gods),[1][2] de Joden (the Jews), I Lancieri (The Lancers), Lucky Ajax

Founded 18 March 1900; 120 years ago

Ground Johan Cruyff Arena

Capacity 55.500

Owner AFC Ajax N.V. (Euronext: AJAX)

Chairman Frank Eijken

Head coach Erik ten Hag

League Eredivisie

2019–20 Eredivisie, 1st (no title awarded)

Eredivisie logoEredivisie: 25 (1956–57, 1959–60, 1965–66, 1966–67, 1967–68, 1969–70, 1971–72, 1972–73, 1976–77, 1978–79, 1979–80, 1981–82, 1982–83, 1984–85, 1989–90, 1993–94, 1994–95, 1995–96, 1997–98, 2001–02, 2003–04, 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2013–14,, 2018–19)
Koninklijke Nederlandse Voetbalbond logoFootball League Championship: 8 (1917–18, 1918–19, 1930–31, 1931–32, 1933–34, 1936–37, 1938–39, 1946–47)

KNVB Cup logoKNVB Cup: 19 (1916–17, 1942–43, 1960–61, 1966–67, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1971–72, 1978–79, 1982–83, 1985–86, 1986–87, 1992–93, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2001–02, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2009–10,, 2018–19)

Champions League logoChampions League: 1 (1994-95)
European Cup logoEuropean Cup: 3 (1970-71, 1971-72, 1972-73)
UEFA Cup logoUEFA Cup: 1 (1991-92)
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup logoUEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1 (1986-87)

Stadium:

Bildergebnis für johan cruyff arena

Training facilities: 4.5 star

Youth facilities: 4 star

1st team:

GK: You will have a star in Andre Onana at your hands at Ajax who is arguably the best player in the league. He has excellent stats all around and quiet frankly is an absolute beast in this game again. It might be hard to hold onto him beyond 2021 but at least you will get a nice sum.

FB: Tagliafico and Mazraoui are the starters and will be wanted very soon as well. Klaiber is a solid backup but a clear LB backup is missing.

CB: You can choose between established players like Blind and very good talents like Alvarez, Martinez and Schuurs. You might not have to make major moves here for several years.

CM: You can play Klaassen and Gravenberch here. The depth is not the best but you could also play Tadic and Kudus here.

OM: Kudus is a very nice talent who has also been playing very well IRL until his injury. Several players like Tadic, Promes and Antony can also play there.

LW/RW: This is an embarrassment of riches as AJAX has Antony, David Neres, Tadic and Promes for these positions. Even in UCL comparison, I think these players hold up very well.

FW: There is not a clear cut option however you can play Tadic upfront and you also have the experienced Huntelaar who even at 37 should be prolific in the league. Lassina Traore usually has at least 3.5 star potential and could also be used right away.

Youth teams: Jong Ajax competes in the 2nd division while Ajax U19 competes in the 1st youth division.

Talents include Ünüvar, Taylor, Hansen, Rensch, Timber, Regeer and Kjaer who all could break into the first time really soon.

Finances: You will have a transfer budget of 50 million in your first season and will get another 12-15 million during the winter. Over 120 million in the bank at the start of the game.

Edited by bendixkunert2

Finished my first season with Ajax. 

I bought Edouard and Morelos and had great success playing a 4-3-1-2

3.thumb.png.285445a7c25495531267e5a721c6a931.png

5.thumb.png.d6f4019ee867516d53ee4fce7009439e.png

It was close to a perfect season really and everyone performed well but it did come crashing down against Chelsea in the last game. Was overmatched in that game. 

6.thumb.png.fc259c7d3d9f819b6c61ee75258a3d89.png

Traore was absolutely insane for me. Didn't really intend him to play much at first and loan him out but every time I played him he scored. 

I haven't really sold anyone of note yet but given age and also given market value I want to move on from Tagliafico, Blind and Tadic at least. I will move up a lot of the youth players up in the first team such as Ünüvar, Taylor, Hansen, Rensch and give them a lot of chances in the cup and league to prove themselves. 160 million in the bank and a transfer budget of 46 million but I probably won't spend that much if anything. Need new fullbacks but Eric Garcia, Sergio Gomez and Matias Palacios come on a free so probably don't have to invest that much. I'm also more interested in finding hidden gems and develop youth. I bought Edouard for 30 million and Morelos for 25 and that was more than I hoped for. Wouldn't really be opposed to selling them again but they are very good.

On 19/11/2020 at 03:17, bendixkunert2 said:

Finished my first season with Ajax. 

I bought Edouard and Morelos and had great success playing a 4-3-1-2

3.thumb.png.285445a7c25495531267e5a721c6a931.png

5.thumb.png.d6f4019ee867516d53ee4fce7009439e.png

It was close to a perfect season really and everyone performed well but it did come crashing down against Chelsea in the last game. Was overmatched in that game. 

6.thumb.png.fc259c7d3d9f819b6c61ee75258a3d89.png

Traore was absolutely insane for me. Didn't really intend him to play much at first and loan him out but every time I played him he scored. 

I haven't really sold anyone of note yet but given age and also given market value I want to move on from Tagliafico, Blind and Tadic at least. I will move up a lot of the youth players up in the first team such as Ünüvar, Taylor, Hansen, Rensch and give them a lot of chances in the cup and league to prove themselves. 160 million in the bank and a transfer budget of 46 million but I probably won't spend that much if anything. Need new fullbacks but Eric Garcia, Sergio Gomez and Matias Palacios come on a free so probably don't have to invest that much. I'm also more interested in finding hidden gems and develop youth. I bought Edouard for 30 million and Morelos for 25 and that was more than I hoped for. Wouldn't really be opposed to selling them again but they are very good.

Traore is doing the same for me. 30 goals by Christmas and a lot of those are from the subs bench. Insane. Now he's wanted by Newcastle and Wuhan. 

Currently starting my 3rd season. Won UCL last season. Felt a bit dirty signing Tonali on a free and regret it somewhat. But his wages are reasonable and nobody else wanted him from Brescia. Definitely trying to make this an all youth or all Holland squad as the years go by. I sold Neres and Promes last season, this season I sold Edouard and Morelos for some nice money and brought in Zirkzee for an absurd sum. But he does look good. Sontje Hansen is starting to really establish himself and right now is the top scorer in the league. Lassina is still doing his thing as well. Still got Kudus and Gravenberch in midfield, Ünüvar, Antony, K. Dembele as wingers, Grimaldo, Onguene, Martinez and Dodo as my back 4. I am willing to accept reasonable offers for anyone and won't keep anyone at the club. We can easily reload through the youth system. I tried to sell more players but some of them rejected contract offers after other clubs triggered release clauses for our players. They must love it here lol.

Don't have the most star studded team but don't intend to have it and rather try to overachieve with great team moral as everyone gets to play their matches.

Ajax.thumb.png.285e3691b4ac43465df31778a02cf640.png

The crop of all the original Ajax U19 players are all on loan right now and quiet a few seem capable to be integrated into the first team next year. Wouldn't mind selling on the entire starting back 4 but we will see what type of offers we can receive. Got Rensch, Milovanovic and Timber still on loan. Also a very promising left back in Prince Aning.

Ajax Season 1 Review

So I decided to start a save with Ajax and really enjoying it.

I managed to win the Eredivisie title and have a massive 13 point gap over 2nd place team AZ.

I got knocked out by Bayern Munich in the 2nd round of the Champions League which was a bit disappointing but hopefully I can push on next season.

image.thumb.png.877b6c04fbd5b29aaafadc6dfd7ebb82.png

Anthony was my standout player and top scorer. He banged in 41 goals from 39 games. He was amazing and had the best overall average rating.

image.thumb.png.c364df2fbf95f88aa61da7fe99b68ce7.png 

My best signing was unknown Argentinian midfielder Augustin Palavecino signed from Deportivo Cali for £1.9m. He got 12 assists for me and was a massive creative prescence.  He also contributed 8 goals.

image.thumb.png.5c91a0340fb79bc85a5f3749920d9476.png

My other favorite signing for the club was another hidden gem in Boli who I signed for £2m from Hungrarian side Ferencvarosi. He took over from Huntlaar in January and worked very well with Anthony. He also managed to get 11 goals from 16 games.

image.thumb.png.6f7983659b26fb5d58308c216e67bb49.png

An honourable mention to Vincent Janssen who I bought back to Holland from Monterrey for £1.7m. He managed to get 4 goals in his first 2 games and then didn't get any goals in his next 8 games. Hopefully he will settle in and bang the goals in again.

image.thumb.png.83c8ab2034c600988dc8d9cb758bfda4.png

14 hours ago, jwhite said:

did anyone have the issue with there being no staff for Ajax on starting a new save? but the full staff list is there whilst searching Ajax on another save.

yep, it's a legal issue. The full staff is on steam to download though

Season 3 was another great one. We went undefeated in the league again and advanced to the UCL semis, won the 1st leg at home against Inter 3-1 before it all came crashing down at the San Siro and we suffered a brutal 1-5 loss by 2 late goals from Gabriel Jesus.

Financially we are by far the richest club in the world as we sold a lot of players on to give this save again a direction and purpose for me and our bank balance is sitting at 800 million right now. We are basically ready to sell every player we receive a reasonable offer for and instead promote youth, raid youth teams around the Netherlands and at times buy a cheap Brazilian or Argentinian. I bought Marcos Leonardo for about 16 million and fully expect 50-60 million offers in a year or less, so he will be gone as well. My scouts brought me to a young CB from Kristiansund who is really good. 

transfers..thumb.png.a2055ad524fd1f3e95360c2e3cb7c8b7.pngsquad.thumb.png.1bb7f0870168e8b7dcbe9519f4545517.png

The current squad is now much more how I envisioned the team at the start. Lots of academic products and promising young players to lead Ajax into the future.

2 hours ago, bendixkunert2 said:

Season 3 was another great one. We went undefeated in the league again and advanced to the UCL semis, won the 1st leg at home against Inter 3-1 before it all came crashing down at the San Siro and we suffered a brutal 1-5 loss by 2 late goals from Gabriel Jesus.

Financially we are by far the richest club in the world as we sold a lot of players on to give this save again a direction and purpose for me and our bank balance is sitting at 800 million right now. We are basically ready to sell every player we receive a reasonable offer for and instead promote youth, raid youth teams around the Netherlands and at times buy a cheap Brazilian or Argentinian. I bought Marcos Leonardo for about 16 million and fully expect 50-60 million offers in a year or less, so he will be gone as well. My scouts brought me to a young CB from Kristiansund who is really good. 

transfers..thumb.png.a2055ad524fd1f3e95360c2e3cb7c8b7.pngsquad.thumb.png.1bb7f0870168e8b7dcbe9519f4545517.png

The current squad is now much more how I envisioned the team at the start. Lots of academic products and promising young players to lead Ajax into the future.

Show some squad players profiles please

15 hours ago, bendixkunert2 said:

How much you manage to get ihatteren from psv for ? Show me hi profile please ! I started ma ajax save aswell thats why im asking all this ;)

Just started off with Groningen, will post an update soon. Aim is to get Robben an Eredivisie title before he retires :cool: Which would mean having to overhaul Ajax somehow. 

Also I just noticed that 4th to 7th qualifies for the European places playoff in the division, that should be fun!

1 minute ago, Lemoche said:

How much you manage to get ihatteren from psv for ? Show me hi profile please ! I started ma ajax save aswell thats why im asking all this ;)

2 million. He was unhappy at PSV and didn't want to extend his contract. Had a contract agreement with him for 2022/23 but managed to pick him up 6 month earlier. Ihattaren.thumb.png.ace7ed1a8e6c55b6f388c58e88093e25.png

That said, I think in most saves he isn't available. Getting players for reasonable prices from PSV and AZ seems to be really difficult, especially AZ. They aren't selling anyone. Tried for Wijndal, Boadu and a wonderkid LB regen and they won't accept less than 100M for anyone.

17 minutes ago, bendixkunert2 said:

2 million. He was unhappy at PSV and didn't want to extend his contract. Had a contract agreement with him for 2022/23 but managed to pick him up 6 month earlier. Ihattaren.thumb.png.ace7ed1a8e6c55b6f388c58e88093e25.png

That said, I think in most saves he isn't available. Getting players for reasonable prices from PSV and AZ seems to be really difficult, especially AZ. They aren't selling anyone. Tried for Wijndal, Boadu and a wonderkid LB regen and they won't accept less than 100M for anyone.

Broo i tried the same i cant get them its so annoying ! Ill keep watching your season updates bro👊🏾👌🏾

18 hours ago, bendixkunert2 said:

I guess they don't want to sell to ajax which is understandable. 

6 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

No but I like their logo so I might manage them at some point.

Any good reasons to manage them then ?

Second team from Rotterdam, after Feyenoord. So potential to become a big club. I don't think there's a second club from Amsterdam in the game, not playable at least. 

4 hours ago, apsychoshow said:

Started my beta save with PSV Eindhoven.
Mallen is such a beast and Ajax doesn't lose a single game; it's like Juventus in FM 19 :seagull:

Ajax are indeed head and shoulders above the rest. But with PSV you have a good chance of catching them soon. Best of luck. 

5 hours ago, apsychoshow said:

Started my beta save with PSV Eindhoven.
Mallen is such a beast and Ajax doesn't lose a single game; it's like Juventus in FM 19 :seagull:

Psv have a good team ! Deal with good signings you can cath up ajax

1 hour ago, Lemoche said:

Psv have a good team ! Deal with good signings you can cath up ajax

645842526_Eredivisie_Stages.png.0609bfedfe67067948945a6f5f07c28a.png

Actually, I've catched up Ajax. They lost to Utrecht and tied two other matches.

But Antony is on fire! They're playing him as a striker in a 4-2-3-1 and he's bagging a lot of goals.

21 hours ago, bendixkunert2 said:

Here we secured our wonderkid from greedy eyes :D

1903321017_Jota_Inbox-8.png.e22f0861ffcc8ac410266690e5338f41.png

10 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

No but I like their logo so I might manage them at some point.

Any good reasons to manage them then ?

no just always been fascinated by the name as im a big 300 fan and i know Strootman came through their academy. 

Edited by kilik

1 hour ago, kilik said:

no just always been fascinated by the name as im a big 300 fan and i know Strootman came through their academy. 

Many pDutch players came through their academy and Van Gaal started his career there if I remember correctly. They are also the oldest professional club of the Netherlands and were a strong team in pre-war years. Bring them back to the top is a nice challenge and being based in Rotterdam you would have room to grow in terms of stadium/public.

3 hours ago, Pavi said:

Many pDutch players came through their academy and Van Gaal started his career there if I remember correctly. They are also the oldest professional club of the Netherlands and were a strong team in pre-war years. Bring them back to the top is a nice challenge and being based in Rotterdam you would have room to grow in terms of stadium/public.

will be my next save then, im doing my yearly Brentford save right now but these new brexit rules have ruined it imo. cant even sign young foreign players at all anymore

9 hours ago, kilik said:

will be my next save then, im doing my yearly Brentford save right now but these new brexit rules have ruined it imo. cant even sign young foreign players at all anymore

Is it not worth you downloading a no Brexit file off the Steam Workshop so you can sign whomever you want with Brentford. That is what I have done or else I wouldn't manage in England.

17 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Is it not worth you downloading a no Brexit file off the Steam Workshop so you can sign whomever you want with Brentford. That is what I have done or else I wouldn't manage in England.

would it work mid game? im in my second year on the file

Guys, a quick plug for my FMCU thread. Posting regular updates from Groningen in there.

Just finished the first season, came 4th in the league, and qualified for the UEFA Conf. league as a result.

review.jpg.7b90bb72d9a3cf0eebd835c2dbaf2697.jpg

2071503311_linedup.jpg.c4da37009ec43761883b4cac9d85b013.jpg

Arjen had a decent season, but it was too stop start due to multiple injuries which meant he missed a third of the season. Hopefully can keep him fitter for the next one.

1714682407_arjennow1.thumb.jpg.d4dcc4fa1e0eaf5fa7101b8ea0ffe747.jpg

6 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Guys, a quick plug for my FMCU thread. Posting regular updates from Groningen in there.

Just finished the first season, came 4th in the league, and qualified for the UEFA Conf. league as a result.

review.jpg.7b90bb72d9a3cf0eebd835c2dbaf2697.jpg

2071503311_linedup.jpg.c4da37009ec43761883b4cac9d85b013.jpg

Arjen had a decent season, but it was too stop start due to multiple injuries which meant he missed a third of the season. Hopefully can keep him fitter for the next one.

1714682407_arjennow1.thumb.jpg.d4dcc4fa1e0eaf5fa7101b8ea0ffe747.jpg

I am surprised how well Robben has done to be honest.

FC Groningen - Season 2 Winter Update

The summer was not very busy. Just a few ins & outs.

in1.jpg.654fc73e854fc6e86533ff2218ab3727.jpg

in2.jpg.ccc5e63e7c22d17e9f37befadb77df9d.jpg

Two free transfers in, Saddiki to provide another option in midfield, and van Beek in defence. Mahlambi becomes our biggest signing and is an exciting winger who will hopefully complement Robben on the other side. I wonder if FM recognizes the similarities between Dutch & Afrikaans and helps him settle easier in Holland. Anyway, finally we did a rather expensive loan deal for Marquinhos from Shakhtar as we could not find any other good option for LWB.

out.jpg.f65bd8a2d4d88db7784235e6a4102842.jpg

Delighted to find a buyer for Labyad, the worst professional I have managed on FM! Suslov the young winger had shown some promise and a similar playing style to Robben, but I thought the money was too good to turn down as we have better options in the squad currently.

We also renewed loan deals for Lassina Traore from Ajax and Ko Itakura from Man City - the first in particular would be critical!

This is the new tactic for the season, necessitated by wanting to get both my best strikers on the pitch together.

442.jpg.4f218503fc5ca7908a5b2153b57ccb85.jpg

The results so far have been great for the most part, with the exception of the rather early exit in Europe. So we missed out on the fun of the Conference league, and the money that comes along with it.

fix0.jpg.0cf7fbd9190d8e293a4a76bf3183fec6.jpg

fix1.jpg.34bf8b437244dd389f3aec72326da755.jpg

However, as you can see the league form has been great, a particular highlight being the famous (and totally undeserved) 4-1 win away at Ajax! However they got some revenge on us by beating us at our place. 

Incredibly, this run of form has us sitting at the top of the Eredivisie!

table1.jpg.9c897ad6f3f2b75c1aeb6b29c2c04e5f.jpg

Still a way to go obviously, and Ajax definitely remain favorites for the title.

stats.thumb.jpg.c7b85a8123ffeeb4163bf1371616f62b.jpg

Both our strikers have been excellent so far - Ajax must be really regretting extending the Traore loan deal. And the main man as you can see is having a cracking season.

In some way I think this season is our best shot now at the title, because Robben of course will continue to decline, and there is no way Traore will be back with us next season as well. So let's see how we get on.

53 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

FC Groningen - Season 2 Winter Update

The summer was not very busy. Just a few ins & outs.

in1.jpg.654fc73e854fc6e86533ff2218ab3727.jpg

in2.jpg.ccc5e63e7c22d17e9f37befadb77df9d.jpg

Two free transfers in, Saddiki to provide another option in midfield, and van Beek in defence. Mahlambi becomes our biggest signing and is an exciting winger who will hopefully complement Robben on the other side. I wonder if FM recognizes the similarities between Dutch & Afrikaans and helps him settle easier in Holland. Anyway, finally we did a rather expensive loan deal for Marquinhos from Shakhtar as we could not find any other good option for LWB.

out.jpg.f65bd8a2d4d88db7784235e6a4102842.jpg

Delighted to find a buyer for Labyad, the worst professional I have managed on FM! Suslov the young winger had shown some promise and a similar playing style to Robben, but I thought the money was too good to turn down as we have better options in the squad currently.

We also renewed loan deals for Lassina Traore from Ajax and Ko Itakura from Man City - the first in particular would be critical!

This is the new tactic for the season, necessitated by wanting to get both my best strikers on the pitch together.

442.jpg.4f218503fc5ca7908a5b2153b57ccb85.jpg

The results so far have been great for the most part, with the exception of the rather early exit in Europe. So we missed out on the fun of the Conference league, and the money that comes along with it.

fix0.jpg.0cf7fbd9190d8e293a4a76bf3183fec6.jpg

fix1.jpg.34bf8b437244dd389f3aec72326da755.jpg

However, as you can see the league form has been great, a particular highlight being the famous (and totally undeserved) 4-1 win away at Ajax! However they got some revenge on us by beating us at our place. 

Incredibly, this run of form has us sitting at the top of the Eredivisie!

table1.jpg.9c897ad6f3f2b75c1aeb6b29c2c04e5f.jpg

Still a way to go obviously, and Ajax definitely remain favorites for the title.

stats.thumb.jpg.c7b85a8123ffeeb4163bf1371616f62b.jpg

Both our strikers have been excellent so far - Ajax must be really regretting extending the Traore loan deal. And the main man as you can see is having a cracking season.

In some way I think this season is our best shot now at the title, because Robben of course will continue to decline, and there is no way Traore will be back with us next season as well. So let's see how we get on.

Lassina Traore was excellent for me in my Ajax save recently.

If you want a bargain then take a look at the Peruvian version of David Beckham. His name is Yuiel Celi.

He was available on a free in the first season. He might have already gone to a big club but take a look at him if you want.

I´m also playing with Groningen. I am currently in season 3 sitting in 4th place after 5 games. Finished 7th in the first season and 4th second season but won the cup so I got to the playoff for Europa League. In the playoff i won over CFR Cluj quite easy but then I got drawn in a group with Arsenal, Celtic and Fenerbache so i'm not so hopeful of the upcoming matches. 

Current squad after selling Gudmundsson on deadline day. I also accepted a bid for over £30M for Poll but he denied it.
568e677f35.png

I have loaned in Esposito two seasons in a row now and he is incredible. 28 goals in 28 matches last season!
6abe45a1f6.png

My biggest talent is João Paulo Soares. He probably going to be great. A steal when i bought him from Vitoria de Guimares for £1M.
74571cb340.png

Having some motivation problems right now. Probably because the Europa League group. I don't know what to do but I want to change things up somehow. Maybe a formation change or i'm resigning and taking over a smaller team. 

1 hour ago, karanhsingh said:

Robben still going? He retired after season 2 on mine for some reason :(

He is still going strong. 7G +5A second season. Now I have switched to a formation without wingers so his stats are probably going do degrade faster.
c6ab3f11aa.png

3rd season over with Groningen and it went very well. Won both Eredivisie and TOTO KNVB Beker. Won the league with one match to spare after PSV collapsed. In Europa League I got demolished by Arsenal with 0-4 in the Second knockout round. I really hope for a decent CL group next year.
7655f6c9b4.png
45183fc41e.png

The team stats for the season. Esposito was too good for the League once again and despite some injuries he scored 26 goals in 28 matches. Somehow I managed to get him on loan for a third season as well. Robben is retireing after the season and did not play as much this season, mostly because of injuries. Soares in now one of the best players in the league. It's going to be a big summer in sells I believe. 
3318f1791a.png
4b9f0c9d82.png
1cd70eb432.png
8afea1cd82.png

Edited by 3rik
added pic