New players losing determination

Hi everyone, 

I have a bit of an issue with all of my new (especially young) players losing determination rapidly. I think I know the reason, but cannot find any way to prevent it.

The youth team is where I have the biggest problem, because I am trying to run a system where I buy younger players, and they progress through the U18 and U23 teams into the first team. I now rarely sign a first team ready player.

However, all of my 'highly influential' players in the youth team had lower determination (not awful, but around 13-14). A such, when I signed a young player with 18-20 determination, the stat dropped rapidly down towards 13-14. A year on, that new player became a 'highly influential' youth player, and so all new youth players signed would have the determination stat drop down to 14, and the cycle continues.

The end result is that I will, seemingly, never be able to get a 'highly influential' player with a high determination stat.

Is there any way to stop this cycle?

Thanks

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Maybe @Seb Wassell could help with this?

Not really anything to help with unfortunately. Highly Influential players are influencing others to become less Determined.

13-14 Determination is not bad at all, but if you want 18-19 across the board you'll need to stop those new players being influenced by others.

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/09/2020 at 20:46, Seb Wassell said:

Not really anything to help with unfortunately. Highly Influential players are influencing others to become less Determined.

13-14 Determination is not bad at all, but if you want 18-19 across the board you'll need to stop those new players being influenced by others.

How?

7 minutes ago, Domus Clamantium said:

How?

Best way is to get rid of those who are poor influencers...

1) Move them to your first team, and set them to be available to youth team matches. That way, they won't influence them, but will be influenced by your 1st team players, because they will be on the bottom of the hierarchy (if they're good).

2) send them on loan, move to affiliate (if they're decent and have a chance to improve)

3) offload them (if they're bad).