Set pieces = guaranteed goal for opposition

3 hours ago, GoldenGoal said:

This solved my issues so far. But I agree that default set piece instructions shouldn't be at least somewhat effective; this should be worth raising as a bug.

There were many bug reports raised for set pieces. Acknowledged, under review etc but not fixed.

15 hours ago, jackane24 said:

Just incredible. I think 8 of the last 10 goals I've conceded have come from a corner or free kick. Such a blatant bug with the game

How can you be so sure it's a "bug" when you haven't even posted screenshots of your set-piece routines so that people could take a look and tell you what is possibly wrong and what you could tweak to improve them?

In case you find posting screenshots too inconvenient, then you can at least describe how your SP routines are set up.

Developers aren't expected to give you "perfect" set piece default instructions.  I explained how I managed to go an entire season without conceding a goal from a single corner, funny thing - one AI team achieved that along with me as well. I posted a screenshot of the settings and explained which specific areas we need to focus on for set pieces in the last "Ask Me a Question" video which you can find in the community fansite section. Basically, we need to pay attention to:

1. Assigning the right kind of player to mark 3 specific areas zonally.
2. Assign blockers
3. Having the kind of players to recover and start counters
4. Choosing the right player to block long shots

There are also strategies you can use to set up attacking set pieces with sides who are not blessed with height too. I think on one of my twitch streams I had to create a series of attacking set pieces for a side who plays in a league where the average jumping reach is 16 and we have only 1 player who is 15 and the rest are 10.  I hope this can help.