Memory use killing laptop

Hi all

I have a fairly good laptop but since the update it's killing it. Norton is using 1.5gb but FM is using the same. I've 16gb of ram so not sure how it's happening. I7-7700HQ 2.80ghz 8 processors and Nvidia GeForce GTC 1050. it's only when I play FM this happens. I did change anti virus to Norton around same time. Sometimes it's fine but when it happens I just need to leave it for 15 minutes and it's fine then. Any ideas? Any help is appreciated.

Btw 5 Leagues, 77,000 players. It was fine literally up until the update/I changed to Norton so must be one of them.

Screenshot_20200703-211344.jpg

Edited by scotty-corkcityfc

11 hours ago, FrazT said:

Try running the game without Norton, particularly if it is scanning the game while it is running.

Exactly what I was going to say.

I was never a fan of Norton.

So I ended up getting that new BIOS error of Alert TPM etc etc. The fix was to open laptop and disconnect battery etc

So I ended up buying the Torx screwdriver. I didnt end up fixing the TPM issue but both fans had a huge amount of fluff/dust around them. Cleaned it and I may not have fixed the TPM issue but I fixed the FM slowness issue. Its breezing through now no issues :D

Thanks for all the feedback all. Appreciated.