Save File Size / Game Speed

My terrible old laptop is struggling to handle my current save game, as I am now six or so seasons in. Is there any chance that someone from SI would be able to reduce the file size somehow, if I were to upload it? Tips for ways to reduce the file size in game also appreciated - I have set some leagues to become unplayable once the season ends which may help. Thanks!

Thank you both, the video was really useful but I hadn’t picked up the manageable teams option in the game status, so both replies appreciated. I do appear to be running a bit faster now!

On 28/06/2020 at 00:03, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Don't see it mentioned in the video. Only thing I see to do about playable leagues, rather than flat out removing them, after you start a save is in the Game Status menu.

304058956_GameStatus.thumb.png.53cbcde884076f894c2e81509fff6519.png

Does that actually make things quicker?  

5 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

My current save is in the year 2039 with 5 nations loaded (England, Germany, Italy, Spain, & France). Processing was getting very slow when advancing in the calendar on my Laptop. With it set to one nation, processing is faster.  

• SI Staff
On 29/06/2020 at 08:35, Brother Ben said:

Nope all it does is restrict who you can add a manager is (primarily for network games)

4 minutes ago, EdL said:

Nope all it does is restrict who you can add a manager is (primarily for network games)

I am seeing a difference. Not a great difference, but advancing in the calendar is faster for me, especially during Transfer Windows where processing was taking what seemed like forever previously.
    You can always set it back to all leagues if you want to coach in a different nation. 

So what might be the reason that processing goes faster between matches now? 

**EDIT** Yes I'm wrong.  I changed it back to ALL & processing is the same speed. Is there something in these preference settings that makes a difference in processing?

Caching.thumb.png.1f2b0c43a6ee7461cbb119e15de2aa31.png

Edited by Heywood JaBlowme

@Heywood JaBlowme

You can add "Continue Game Timeout".

- Instant
- 2 seconds
- 5 seconds
etc

With that setting enabled, the "click" or space bar processing; let the game do that for you. Will stop only to "Must Respond" emails.

• SI Staff
9 hours ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

e se

9 hours ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

So what might be the reason that processing goes faster between matches now? 

**EDIT** Yes I'm wrong.  I changed it back to ALL & processing is the same speed. Is there something in these preference settings that makes a difference in processing?

Caching.thumb.png.1f2b0c43a6ee7461cbb119e15de2aa31.png

Well having the skin cache on potential helps if you'd had that turned off