How to achieve the 2-3-5

I want to know how can I attack in a 2-3-5 like many modern teams are playing, as I like the overload in the opponents defense, I'm currently playing a 4231 and a 433, I want something similar to arteta's arsenal but i want to build on my ideias and know variations of players there are involved in the 2-3-5 formation using regular formations like the ones I'm using. 

Screenshot_20200608_225327_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

3 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Which particular 433 - flat and narrow with 3 strikers or 4123 wide (with one striker and 2 wide forwards)? 

I would prefer the 4231 I have the best personnel for that, but I'm using also the 4123 dm wide

Two options:

1. Use two IWB(s) and a holding DMC (ex. DLP(d)) to create your 3 midfielders when in possession and set your AML/AMR as wingers with two central midfielders on attack duty.
  2. Use two IFs in the AML/AMR spots, attacking wingbacks, and keep your midfield triangle conservative.

I find the first option easier to make work in terms of getting the personnel to do it. Average wingers in the AML/AMR spot are almost always better offensively than average wingbacks. The most difficult part is finding two central midfielders to play CM(a), MEZ(a), or AP(a), but anyone who can also play AMC is probably good in this type of role. This first option also allows you to conserve your fullbacks rather than running them into the ground, while allowing you to use defense-first options there.

I believe you can achieve something resembling a 235 shape in a 4231. It will perhaps never be as perfect as in the image you posted, but the principles are there nevertheless. Like this:

image.thumb.png.cdba6654936daf9e862e76edbf83c9a7.png

image.thumb.png.9af83dd5ed7b9107e38a18fb1f2800fb.png

image.thumb.png.369b394e6c56be030576aa3942aeafa9.png

The right back is a WB(a) on the overlap. Left back is IWB(s). CM(d) on the right told to stay wider. DLP(d) on the left.

Edited by Enzo_Francescoli

4 hours ago, skyline72 said:

I think the best option is like what @Overmars had said. 

2 IWBs and a holding DM/MC(DLP).

I would prefer 2 CM(s) than CM(a) though. Preferably with the PPM - get into opposition area or get forward whenever possible. 

I’ve found that CM(s) with move into channels + get further forward is quite a good combo for achieving the balance of defensive solidarity and playing the half spaces.

Mezzala(s) is also always a good option for this, after all it is the half space merchant role.

13 hours ago, Strikerir1 said:

I'm fine with a 4123 dm wide

Maybe something like this then:

DLFat

IFsu                                  Wsu

CAR     CMat

DLPde

WBat    CD   CD/BPD   IWBsu

A 4231 might work to some extent. For example:

DLFat

IFsu             TQ             Wsu

DLPde   CAR

FBat      CD     CD      IWBsu

47 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Maybe something like this then:

DLFat

IFsu                                  Wsu

CAR     CMat

DLPde

WBat    CD   CD/BPD   IWBsu

A 4231 might work to some extent. For example:

DLFat

IFsu             TQ             Wsu

DLPde   CAR

FBat      CD     CD      IWBsu

Could something like this work? 

DLF (S) / F9

IF(A)                                IW(s)                                                (stay wider PI) 

DLP (s) / bbm    mezz (a) 

Half back / DM

WB (s/a)    CD(d).    BPD(d).      IWB(s) 

If you are trying to mimic Arteta's 4-2-3-1 I would start by saying that the double pivot is on the DM strata.

Xhaka works as an Half Back on the left and Torreira as a DM(s) or BWM(s) on the right.
David Luiz is a BPD and Sokratis a regular CD.

On the left, Saka is a CWB on support with Aubameyang on his front as an IF on attack, and with the instruction of overlap on the left.

On the right, AMN works as an IWB on support and Pepe on the right as IW with stay wider instructions.

Özil is, imo, an AP on attack (in the centre right) with Laca in front of him as a Pressing Forward on support (center).

Something like this

PFsu

IFat                       APat   IWsu

HBde   BWMsu

CWBsu      BPD     CD      IWBsu