Under wage budget... Losing alot of money.. Is there anything I can do?

Hi,

I am 4k under my wage budget in League One, I limit bonuses in contracts as much as I can and I rarely allow appearance fees.

I think perhaps that the mandatory stadium expansions haven't helped much (League minimum capacity rules).

In our first 2 seasons (Conference League & National League) we were making lots of money. Actually totaling 2 million.

What else can I control to stop us losing money or our the smallest clubs always going to lose money? 

Pretty much the entirety of the football league loses money, often very large amounts of it. It's in a gigantic over-inflated wage bubble and in real life is in big trouble now and very likely going to end up begging for bailouts. In game it's nothing to worry too much about - it just means you're not likely to get a bigger budget or facility improvements. For now the only thing you can do is try to go on a cup run really.

Loan Players that cost you no wages!

I dont know how the Transfermarketsitution is for League One and your Club but in Germany i sometimes had 7 or 8 Players loaned that had their wages all paid by their homeclubs.

You really only need some keyplayers under contract as in my epxerience transferincome never exceeds Price Money rewards for achieving a good Cup run and having a good league placing which also increase attendance and sponsor income, your Reputation.

Selling Players never does until you are unbelievable good with a sky high reputation. sometimes there will be a rare Occasion from where you can make Money of buying and selling Players but dont count on it - success and reputation is what makes you money.

AS the manager there are only limited things you are in control of to help the finances. Keeping within your budgets is the first and most obvious step. The rest is a long-game strategy, win games, be successful and attract the crowds (gate receipts), sell more merch, attract bigger sponsors etc etc.

Unfortunately it is the board that is ultimately in control of the finances so you are in the hands of their fiscal abilities but there really isn't very much money until you reach the Championship, and even then it's a struggle for smaller rep clubs.

If you get moderately lucky and gets away match against one the giants from premier league in FA/Carabao cups you can earn around 1 mil per such match.

Since you're under wage budget you have the option to make things much worse instead and hope for a takeover that might clear the balance and add some investments on top. Though if the loss are too extreme you might trigger a lengthy administration before takeover.