Focus play through middle

Just wondered people’s take on focusing play through the middle. My take on it is that it increases the mentality of the central midfielders? I also feel it focuses the play to my lone central striker who scores most of the goals. Does this instruction come at a cost to my wide players? 

2 hours ago, yorkie87 said:

My take on it is that it increases the mentality of the central midfielders?

It (slightly) increases the mentality of central defenders, defensive midfielders (regardless of their duty) and only defend-duty central midfielders. Not sure if it also increases the mentality of the goalkeeper, but I guess it does. 

Just now, Robson 07 said:

Passing becomes centrally focused.  I think that you get slightly less fwd run from wide players too.  Hope that last bit isn't out of date.

i ve tried with attacking width wide and focus on center, it just got me some more dribbling and direct long passes to the wings from the central players

I find it to help me to focus through the middle against a 4231 with the space behind the CM'S, that may be placebo, but it feels like it helps. As other users have said passing become central so it kinda forces your wide players central...?

Edited by Braincomplexa

20 hours ago, yorkie87 said:

Will it focus players passing to the striker more so than the wingers? Or overlapping wing backs? 

If you tick “look for overlap”, untick it. Get your CMs to “take more risks”. Might see an Improvement.