[WIP] [FM 2020] English Club Competition Histories

Ivs

Inspired by the astonishing history update files released by @CFuller over the years, I decided to focus on adding league and cup history to English clubs. It's a W.I.P. project at the moment and I really hope that someone wants to join in me in this mammoth task in making English careers ever more immersive. Any help is welcome, especially by people who are able to scrap data from internet in order to speed up the process. I'm not too keen to scraping methods unfortunately, so I'm working only with the editor at the moment.

So, without further ado, I'll leave you with some screenshots:

Spoiler

S0L79A0.pngvQr6Nit.pngApqzq6O.pngTRqGPEA.pngikPd0dg.pngSau0mH1.pngYDfMKAZ.png

I added history data only for default competitions in the database, so the file will be compatible with the original database or whatever custom db you want to use. You have to restart your career to see these changes.

First version of the file is available to download. See the attachment and once downloaded, the file within the archive must be extracted in the editor data folder.

Please, report any feedback or fix needed.

A big thank you @AhMostyn for kindly handing me and letting me use his editor files.

Enjoy!

Teams records updated so far:

- Liverpool  (added FA Cup, League Cup, and European competitions records. Not completed still.)

- Metropolitan Police  (all FA Cup, FA Trophy, FA Vase records and correct league history dated back to 1977/78 season).

- Wingate & Finchley  (all FA Cup, FA Trophy, FA Vase records and correct league history dated back to 1995/96 season)

- South Shields  (removed history records related to former dissolved clubs)

- Numerous further cup and league records added for EFL clubs, National League clubs and level 7, 8, 9 & 10 teams (especially for Kingstonian & Hendon)

Edited by Ivs

Try the following to see if they help - I've had them knocking around for level 9 and I think the League Cup - they may be of use (I haven't used/updated them yet for this year as I can't get the 2nd season to start with the new divisions for 20/21) 

• 1 month later...

@Ivs Unfortunately these files were not necessarily available to be shared. These files date from work undertaken several years ago for the EEE (England, Expanded, Enhanced) project. I spent countless hours adding and making these files, so see them randomly pop up is slightly annoying.

In an almost unbelievable set of coincidence. Myself and @magicmastermind124 had a chat last week about how we might come out of semi-retirement and start publishing some of our data for the community to use (touched up to include until 2019 of course).

Unfortunately the files shared by @AhMostyn are not his own creation but mine and @jWaSiMhE's work as part of FMUpdates.  I have reached out to AhMostyn on Steam but haven't heard from him yet.  He may have updated the files but we originally created them and he has expanded on our work without permission.

We have never claimed to allow others to use our work on this forum as we never anticipated being away from the editing scene forever.  I am not entirely certain how the files have been obtained but they must be removed completely from the release and the zip file containing our work needs to be removed by a mod.  @Wolf_pd or any other mod, any way you can assist here?  Both jWaSiMhE and I have the original files for our project that can be used to prove this is our work.

Obviously I can imagine that this is disappointing to hear especially for @Ivs and I am genuinely sorry that this has happened.   This isn't anything personal, it's just our work which we have put a lot into, and our default position is that we are quite picky with those who we work with and protective of our work.  One of those people includes @CFuller, who approached myself years ago for assistance with his ITCH file series.  I'd be happy to discuss this with you to massively expand on this file as part of FMUpdates now that we're looking to release these histories as part of a large data pack.  Having checked, the number of database changes is not that much higher than the files of ours that AhMostyn shared so the vast majority of this file is our work and it needs to be removed from the file.  Pending that, all download links should be removed to allow Ivs to recreate the file without our work and ensure that the forum rules are followed.

3 minutes ago, magicmastermind124 said:

Unfortunately the files shared by @AhMostyn are not his own creation but mine and @jWaSiMhE's work as part of FMUpdates.  I have reached out to AhMostyn on Steam but haven't heard from him yet.  He may have updated the files but we originally created them and he has expanded on our work without permission.

We have never claimed to allow others to use our work on this forum as we never anticipated being away from the editing scene forever.  I am not entirely certain how the files have been obtained but they must be removed completely from the release and the zip file containing our work needs to be removed by a mod.  @Wolf_pd or any other mod, any way you can assist here?  Both jWaSiMhE and I have the original files for our project that can be used to prove this is our work.

Obviously I can imagine that this is disappointing to hear especially for @Ivs and I am genuinely sorry that this has happened.   This isn't anything personal, it's just our work which we have put a lot into, and our default position is that we are quite picky with those who we work with and protective of our work.  One of those people includes @CFuller, who approached myself years ago for assistance with his ITCH file series.  I'd be happy to discuss this with you to massively expand on this file as part of FMUpdates now that we're looking to release these histories as part of a large data pack.  Having checked, the number of database changes is not that much higher than the files of ours that AhMostyn shared so the vast majority of this file is our work and it needs to be removed from the file.  Pending that, all download links should be removed to allow Ivs to recreate the file without our work and ensure that the forum rules are followed.

I've removed the file for you, cheers for clarification.

11 minutes ago, magicmastermind124 said:

Thank you, the file needs to be removed from post #3 too as this is where the infringing data was provided.

Bigpole has removed the file in post #3 as well.

I genuinely didn't believe to cause so much trouble.

This was a file I've been slowly working on for a while on my own (as I imagine you have noticed once you, @magicmastermind124 and @jWaSiMhE, opened it in the editor when you looked at teams like Liverpool or Met Police, for example). I really appreciated the files shared by @AhMostyn and given he was one of the creators of the great EEE Project (a mod which I always appreciated as I often told you, @magicmastermind124) I thought I could include them in my file and release a mod which has never seen the daylight as a standalone file and share it with the community. It was released it without any malicious intention, believe me.

But I would have preferred you PMed me first and I would have avoided to use those files, with no need to bother the forum mods. This was a thread started over a month ago and you could have raise the issue in time, with no need to take strong actions (given my file was not attached yet). I strongly believe neither @AhMostyn didn't intend to break any rules or agreement between you and him since your project is on hiatus. Just a big misunderstanding with no need to force the hand in my opinion.

That's it.

3 minutes ago, Ivs said:

he was one of the creators of the great EEE Project

He merely helped out, wasn't creator/leading on the project etc. So they weren't for sharing without permission.

Personally, I know myself that I spent tens of hours creating the shared files and many more like them. Alot of it is a real slog. So its more the principle than anything else.

But we do know that no genuine malice was intended on anyone's part. After all, we're both fulfilling the same role by giving something for the community to benefit from.

We would rather just wish that the files are kept under the jurisdiction of their owners, especially as we are in the process of announcing the release of some similar data files (which we are happy to co-operate on if you wish :))

Edited by jWaSiMhE

1 minuto fa, jWaSiMhE ha scritto:

We know that no genuine malice was intended on anyone's part.

After all, we're both fulfilling the same role by giving something for the community to benefit from. We would rather just wish that the files are kept under the jurisdiction of their owners, especially as we are in the process of announcing the release of some similar data files (which we are happy to co-operate on if you wish :))

The question is: why did you not claim a "copyright" issue on the file shared by AhMostyn a month ago and contact me through PM?

I even ask for a help in delivering this file and you could have step up for some assistance or just involved me in your work some time ago.

Just to clarify my position on the matter.

8 minutes ago, Ivs said:

The question is: why did you not claim a "copyright" issue on the file shared by AhMostyn a month ago and contact me through PM?

I even ask for a help in delivering this file and you could have step up for some assistance or just involved me in your work some time ago.

Just to clarify my position on the matter.

I only came across someone posting the "Level 9 and League Cup" files this afternoon on this thread or we would have sooner!

A PM would have probably sufficed.... but @magicmastermind124 contacted the mods after I informed him earlier. He made that decision not me although i can see why he did it even if it's caused a more dramatic development/escalation in the thread. Either way, the point still stands that we would like to have control over how the files we created are shared.

We've not actively been working on FM modding for several years now due to time constraints and other commitments. Although separately we have both held out wishes to do something again in the future, for example we kept our discord server up and project organisational stuff live in case we ever did come back.

Edited by jWaSiMhE

Just in case I'm not being clear...

In principle, we've got no problem with anything which can be shared for the community to use. Especially something as generic, simple and portable in many FM saves in this case.

I know personally I would like to repurpose all the work we did so it's not just sitting dormant in our project cloud folders. So look out!

It's more proper procedure and common courtesy that needs to be adhered to.

Edited by jWaSiMhE

@Ivs please know that I in no way take any issue with the work that you have done or you or AhMostyn personally, and all I asked was for the work that we have done that was shared by AhMostyn to be removed from your file and from his post where he shared the data.  Clearly the file has to be removed on a temporary basis so our work is no longer distributed via your file, this way you have the time to remove these changes from your file and our work is no longer distributed.  That is something that cannot be delayed which is why I posted publicly for the mods to see the infringement.  Had I waited for you to reply, I would have no idea how long it would take for you to reply.  With that said, please let me reiterate that this is nothing against any particular person, the actions we've taken were simply to protect our work from being distributed without permission.

I note that you did PM me back in November regarding Team Cup Histories and I advised that we were not willing to share our data at that time.  Much of the data is hard to research as it's not available online and takes forever to research.  Perhaps as you had the files from AhMostyn who has done research for us in the past and been credited on Steam Workshop as a creator, you may have assumed he was a creator of EEE or these files but Steam Workshop doesn't differentiate (or at least did not at the time and so everyone is listed as a creator) the level of contribution on a released file so I can understand that you may have thought we had changed our minds.  I do seem to remember AhMostyn helped us out with stadia updates.  Given the time elapsed, it's likely that AhMostyn didn't realise they were our files, as specified earlier in the thread he had the files for some time.  As soon as we pointed out the issue, the mods took the action swiftly to defend our work.  I would imagine they would do the same for you had your work been reused without permission in another file by someone else, especially if you put a lot of time and effort into researching and creating those files you would expect them to do the same.

We only stumbled across this file today as we are not active in the community which is the reason we did not spot this for so long.  jWaSiMhE came across it as we have recently discussed releasing the data once we touch it up and expand on it so the FM community can use it alongside other releases as we do not see ourselves making another release of EEE however still feel that the data would help to enhance the FM experience.  We were excited that there was someone else that had the same idea as we do but of course found some of the data was ours.  It's just an unfortunate set of circumstances and we know that it wasn't intentional.  We have had our work reused with intent and it isn't nice to experience someone else passing off your work as their own.  This is not the way we see this current situation, like you said, it's a misunderstanding.

1 minute ago, magicmastermind124 said:

@Ivs please know that I in no way take any issue with the work that you have done or you or AhMostyn personally, and all I asked was for the work that we have done that was shared by AhMostyn to be removed from your file and from his post where he shared the data.  Clearly the file has to be removed on a temporary basis so our work is no longer distributed via your file, this way you have the time to remove these changes from your file and our work is no longer distributed.  That is something that cannot be delayed which is why I posted publicly for the mods to see the infringement.  Had I waited for you to reply, I would have no idea how long it would take for you to reply.  With that said, please let me reiterate that this is nothing against any particular person, the actions we've taken were simply to protect our work from being distributed without permission.

I note that you did PM me back in November regarding Team Cup Histories and I advised that we were not willing to share our data at that time.  Much of the data is hard to research as it's not available online and takes forever to research.  Perhaps as you had the files from AhMostyn who has done research for us in the past and been credited on Steam Workshop as a creator, you may have assumed he was a creator of EEE or these files but Steam Workshop doesn't differentiate (or at least did not at the time and so everyone is listed as a creator) the level of contribution on a released file so I can understand that you may have thought we had changed our minds.  I do seem to remember AhMostyn helped us out with stadia updates.  Given the time elapsed, it's likely that AhMostyn didn't realise they were our files, as specified earlier in the thread he had the files for some time.  As soon as we pointed out the issue, the mods took the action swiftly to defend our work.  I would imagine they would do the same for you had your work been reused without permission in another file by someone else, especially if you put a lot of time and effort into researching and creating those files you would expect them to do the same.

We only stumbled across this file today as we are not active in the community which is the reason we did not spot this for so long.  jWaSiMhE came across it as we have recently discussed releasing the data once we touch it up and expand on it so the FM community can use it alongside other releases as we do not see ourselves making another release of EEE however still feel that the data would help to enhance the FM experience.  We were excited that there was someone else that had the same idea as we do but of course found some of the data was ours.  It's just an unfortunate set of circumstances and we know that it wasn't intentional.  We have had our work reused with intent and it isn't nice to experience someone else passing off your work as their own.  This is not the way we see this current situation, like you said, it's a misunderstanding.

:thup:

On 03/04/2020 at 16:24, magicmastermind124 said:

@duraznito files are deleted for now. Read the messages above.