442 Direct

Counter press and lower line of engagement seem odd together. I'd have much higher line of engagement if playing attacking mentality and counter press because your team would naturally be higher up the pitch when they lose the ball. I like a box to box mf in a 442 with high stamina, work rate and teamwork. Close down opposition GK and play a pressing forward could be an option too. 

il y a 13 minutes, J8mb0 a dit :

Counter press and lower line of engagement seem odd together. I'd have much higher line of engagement if playing attacking mentality and counter press because your team would naturally be higher up the pitch when they lose the ball. I like a box to box mf in a 442 with high stamina, work rate and teamwork. Close down opposition GK and play a pressing forward could be an option too. 

I play Counter press when the opposition play positive or offensive, Lower line of engagement to be more compact. would you put the BtB in place of the CMS ?

5 hours ago, dom.march said:

1329997039_442-Directatt.thumb.png.73cc1673d1dfc8f8d7f5420f16615c7c.png

5 hours ago, dom.march said:

Could you please helpt me to upgrade my 442 Direct ?

I don't know what you are trying to achieve with this tactic? Do you want to play a simple direct counter-attacking style? Or maybe hoofball of sorts? The setup of roles and duties does not seem conducive to either. 

Instructions are also problematic. You use much higher tempo, more direct passing and more urgent pressing even though you are playing on the Attacking mentality, which already sets all these to a pretty high level by default. I guess you are not aware of the effect the mentality has on all other elements of a tactic. 

il y a 8 minutes, Experienced Defender a dit :

I don't know what you are trying to achieve with this tactic? Do you want to play a simple direct counter-attacking style? Or maybe hoofball of sorts? The setup of roles and duties does not seem conducive to either. 

Instructions are also problematic. You use much higher tempo, more direct passing and more urgent pressing even though you are playing on the Attacking mentality, which already sets all these to a pretty high level by default. I guess you are not aware of the effect the mentality has on all other elements of a tactic. 

I'd like to play a direct attacking 442 with gegenpressing and counter

2 minutes ago, dom.march said:

I'd like to play a direct attacking 442 with gegenpressing and counter

442 is not an ideal choice of formation for a gegenpress style in the first place. 

Plus, you cannot play a gegenpress-based style with a lower LOE. It makes no sense. 

Btw, are you sure your players are good enough to execute a gegenpressing tactic (or any high-pressing, high intensity tactic for that matter)?

il y a 18 minutes, Experienced Defender a dit :

442 is not an ideal choice of formation for a gegenpress style in the first place. 

Plus, you cannot play a gegenpress-based style with a lower LOE. It makes no sense. 

Btw, are you sure your players are good enough to execute a gegenpressing tactic (or any high-pressing, high intensity tactic for that matter)?

Thanks, i have choosen players with high determination, decision and work rate.

i'm playing at 8th level so i want to keep it simple direct 442 with high pressure and speed.

what do you think of the players roles ?

If you want to play direct I would...

Remove distribute to Full Backs, playing direct the keeper needs to go long when something is on, I wouldn't restrict the keepers options here.

Remove counter press, just high pressing and attacking mentality is enough, your players will be having heart attacks, id still consider dropping to positive.

Consider a pressing forward on Support duty in instead of DLF, suits fast tempo and will be more effect at pressing in general.

Remove Pass into Space, would only use this during match not as part of tactic. Y

Its probabily causing you to give the ball away too often.

Edited by thehig2

Il y a 18 heures, thehig2 a dit :

If you want to play direct I would...

Remove distribute to Full Backs, playing direct the keeper needs to go long when something is on, I wouldn't restrict the keepers options here.

Remove counter press, just high pressing and attacking mentality is enough, your players will be having heart attacks, id still consider dropping to positive.

Consider a pressing forward on Support duty in instead of DLF, suits fast tempo and will be more effect at pressing in general.

Remove Pass into Space, would only use this during match not as part of tactic. Y

Its probabily causing you to give the ball away too often.

Thank you, i ll try that. what about the role ?

On 06/02/2020 at 12:14, thehig2 said:

Remove Pass into Space

Agree and here's why.

I don't think you will find much space beyond your strikers (except in occasional counter attack sequence) because of how high and aggressive you are playing.

Now you might get some spaces between you midfield line and the attack.  However you are only using your right winger to really take advantage of that and regularly run into the spaces ahead of him.  So he could benefit from the instruction but I don't see anyone else.  Neither the left mid or the central mids have been given roles and duties that will consistently see them run into any spaces. 

Le 07/02/2020 à 16:25, kingjericho a dit :

Since you want to play direct agressive football you can change the DLF/s to DLF/a, he will still drop back to help the midfield but will attack the box more often.

Le 08/02/2020 à 09:59, Robson 07 a dit :

Agree and here's why.

I don't think you will find much space beyond your strikers (except in occasional counter attack sequence) because of how high and aggressive you are playing.

Now you might get some spaces between you midfield line and the attack.  However you are only using your right winger to really take advantage of that and regularly run into the spaces ahead of him.  So he could benefit from the instruction but I don't see anyone else.  Neither the left mid or the central mids have been given roles and duties that will consistently see them run into any spaces. 

thanks Guys

On 08/02/2020 at 08:59, Robson 07 said:

Agree and here's why.

My thoughts exactly I was too lazy to articulate it like that though lol