FM20 - Schnapsidee

I started using this tactic with RB Leipzig, working on fast transitions and using the players as they are in real life.

My league campaign was 32-2-0 and we won the league by 37 points.

I have previously used it as a 5-2-3 but found that the extra striker wasn’t worth the loss of the DM.

I would recommend retraining players to fit into the system. Usually this would mean wingers and FBs into WBs and AMs into CMs or strikers.

I would also recommend that the WBs are on their natural side (i.e. WBL is left footed and WBR is right footed).

The WBs are going to get very tired in every game, I would recommend subbing and rotating very often.

With this formation the team averaged a chance every 35 minutes and conceded a chance every 164.

20191116141550_1.jpg

20191116141558_1 - Copy.jpg

20191116141612_1.jpg

Schnapsidee 20.1.fmf

22 minutes ago, jcskala said:

100 goals for and 21 against

3 goals per game and 0.62 against per game

It's doing well for me too in test.  Do you ever change mentality / have you tried with different mentalities?  I've just jumped from fm 2012 to fm 2020 (big difference!).

Edited by Law_Man

Still my first days with FMT20, but I have to say this tactic is the best around, at least for now. Those of you seeking for demolishing the opposition, then try this small tweak: push the def mid to the middle striker position, and copy the other strikers role and instructions. And let the show begin! You can call it the dimartino tweak, lol. ;)

Edited by dimartino

6 hours ago, dimartino said:

Still my first days with FMT20, but I have to say this tactic is the best around, at least for now. Those of you seeking for demolishing the opposition, then try this small tweak: push the def mid to the middle striker position, and copy the other strikers role and instructions. And let the show begin! You can call it the dimartino tweak, lol. ;)

So DM into another PF? 

59 minutos atrás, xplode7 disse:

can u show us results

I did my usual one season test with the weakest team in Sweden (Eskiltuna), actually playing every match with max speed, but seeing the goal's replays. And making no subs, unless forced, to save time. Predicted last, finished first! But as it was a test I did not save, sorry. But it was the best tactical performance I've seen on this version, and compared with the original version, wich had a lot of 1-0 and 2-1 results, with the 3 strikers  had a few 5-1, 5-0, 4-0, etc

Enjoying this tactic very much...playing with atletico madrid and wanted to ask what kind of strikers are most suited... i use morata and diego costa which are very good in my opinion but most of my goals come from the wbs and midfielders....

Anyway good job on the nice tactic!

This tactic is quite interesting, I used it when the last three matches in the premier league. I'm looking for tactics that can save my Tottenham team from reaching the Champions League zone. 

It turned out that this tactic could exceed my expectations. In the last 3 matches, I was able to get one draw and two wins. Enough to enter the Champions League zone. Not only that, when it was later used in the FA Cup Final and the Europa League Final it turned out to be successful so I won both trophies.

There are a few changes that I made after the first match that got a draw, this tactic defense is good enough but the attack is still lacking. therefore I moved one striker to the right-winger and 1 DM position to the left-winger so that in front 3 people were attacking, assisted by two wingbacks. The two left and right wings use inverted winger so they do not collide with the wingback movement.

20191130165831_1.thumb.jpg.c735cd8ec25c759a8371e851dc31bf4e.jpg

A nice addition is being able to win the world cup between clubs by beating Barcelona in the final.

20191130165445_1.thumb.jpg.013f9d80abd789de2857c9e1ae9f2349.jpg

I will update the journey again next season.

• 4 weeks later...