Known issues and solutions - FAQ

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since I get no reply:

I double-click the fm-icon and nothing happens (not running through Steam). Tried to start the application again, and still nothing.

Hi - this has been covered in Every FAQ - please contact Steam and raise a ticket request.

Regards,

Murray

I get an "XML Parsing Error" when launching the game

* This appears to happen sometimes if the game encounters a problem and quits unexpectedly and settings become corrupt as a result of this.

Potential workaround:

Deleting your settings should in most cases:

- Make sure FM is not running.

- On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Demo\settings\ (using Windows Explorer, Application Data is hidden by default but you should get to it by typing the path)

- On Windows Vista: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Demo\settings\ (using Windows Explorer, AppData is hidden but you should get to it by typing the path)

- On Mac OS X: /Users/<your username>/Library/Preferences/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009 Demo/ (In the Finder Sidebar: Click your username, then go to Library -> Preferences -> etc..)

- Delete all sub-folders in this (the 'Settings' folder). Do not delete the entire "Football Manager 2009" folder in "Application Data"

If this doesnt work try a search on the tech support forums! Ive read the fix but cant find it now!

Sorry to be stupid, I am on Vista, How do I get to C:

Hi, can you help me please? Everytime I try to put my activation code it, it keeps rejecting it, and everytime I try to find out my code on http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ it says unable to find key. Is there a way you can sort my code out?

Help would be greatly appreciated

Tomo - no PM :eek: you must have sent to somebody else.

Please do PM me this time :D I can and will help :thup:

Did you get this one :D

This is really starting to get on my nerves, I buy a game to play. Ive message SEGA, still no reply from them.

Why did you have to ruin this game. I played a few hours of it yesterday and it was brilliant.

And knowing i cant play it atm is really pathetic.

My Laptop is only a few months old aswell so it cant be anything to do with the comp

Leeroy - did you try the fix mentioned http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715

I know you're frustrated but saying 'my computers only a few months old so it can't be that' - doesn't mean it has the correct drivers and framework needed to play. Please be patient and we will resolve your issues.

Howdy!

Getting a "Football Manager 09 is low on memory" message and then the game shuts down, using Vista 32 bits, 4 gb memory (and only like 900 mb ram used when getting the message) always gets it at same date in game, so all help appreciated :)

When launching the game you receive the following Error: “FM.exe application error. The application has failed to initialize correctly (0xC0150002). Click on OK to stop the application.”

Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

when i go to download this it says internet explorer cannot open display page, i am downloading this to put on another computer without the internet, do you have to authenticate it again when i put it on the other computer and how does a computer without the internet know when a games been authenticated, this is starting to annoy me, when you pay 30 pound for a game the least you expect is to be able to play it

mine activated last night but now everytime i try to launch a window comes up saying:

Cannot run game: failed to set up graphics system

What does this mean?

I cannot find an uninstall fucntion anywhere either to restart the process, there is a uninstall folder that has no file in.

any help would be appreciated.

i got the same problem let me no if you get the awnser

Ive tried numerous times today to get fm2009 working using the solutions i have found on here i:e, download dotNet2.0 and the other fix because it was telling me i wasnt online when i was and i'm still getting the fm.exe error message, I have tried installing it on my desk-top and my lap-top but its not having it on either, any suggestion ?????????

My game locks up every time I view the "Information" screen for any club. It doesn't matter what I've been doing previously, the whole game becomes completely unresponsive. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is there any solution other than just playing in windowed mode, which is after all only a temporary fix?

Ok,

so i managed to activate and install first time but now I keep getting the "Array Access Out Of Bounds" error message.

The game then dissapears and i cant get back to it but it is still running in task manager.

I have DL the directx file, the 9.01 patch, running in wondowed mode and updated all drivers on my machine but it still happens. Sometimes i can go through loads of games with nothing then it happens repeateldy after 1 or 2 games.

I have turned all replays, sound and 3d mode off but its still happening. I have searched for other soloutions but cannot find any..

Please help

The game was working ok and then when i came to submit my team for a match the game cut off and it came up XML parsing error. and it said "not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of camera.xml" and it cut the game off.

I tried again and it does the same thing. I tried uninstalling and installing but it does the same thing can you help.

help pleeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssseeeee

The game was working ok and then when i came to submit my team for a match the game cut off and it came up XML parsing error. and it said "not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of camera.xml" and it cut the game off.

I tried again and it does the same thing. I tried uninstalling and installing but it does the same thing can you help.

help pleeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssseeeee

You need to reset your game settings using the --reset_preferences command.

Please see the instructions on the first page of this thread. They are towards the bottom of the page.

My game locks up every time I view the "Information" screen for any club. It doesn't matter what I've been doing previously, the whole game becomes completely unresponsive. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is there any solution other than just playing in windowed mode, which is after all only a temporary fix?

Have you installed the 9.1.0 patch?

From 11pm last night, message 1317 - haven't received a reply! I'm presuming it is error 281?!?

I was playing the game (slowly) via steam, I have changed it to play in windows but when I load I get "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." The data error signature is "AppName: fm.exe AppVer 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm.exe ModVer:9.1.0.26064 Offset 00fdc281" Does that mean I have error 281, if so I'll do all it states on P1, if not can you PM what I have to do now please?

Thanks in advance

Peter

hi

has anybody from sports interactive seen my post number 1514:

I have a problem that none of the SI peeps have mentioned yet.

When I load the demo after downloading the direct x thing from microsoft( link posted earlier), the game loads(slowly) and then where it usually loads in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, all that comes up is the first letter of the word "LOADING", "L". This is above the usuall ticker that goes round but this just flickers.

Any help PLEASE!

When launching the game you receive the following Error: “FM.exe application error. The application has failed to initialize correctly (0xC0150002). Click on OK to stop the application.”

Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

when i go to download this it says internet explorer cannot open display page, i am downloading this to put on another computer without the internet, do you have to authenticate it again when i put it on the other computer and how does a computer without the internet know when a games been authenticated, this is starting to annoy me, when you pay 30 pound for a game the least you expect is to be able to play it

i had it in this computer with stea, i uninstalled steam and now when i put in the disk nothing comes up

Since I get no reply:

I double-click the fm-icon and nothing happens (not running through Steam). Tried to start the application again, and still nothing.

Hi.

Press: CTR: + ALT + DEL

This will bring up dialogue box, choose "Start Task Manager"

When in task Manager sort the programs by name and look for "FM.exe"

If it is there highlight this and close it.

Once it has gone from the list try to run the game again.

Hi - this has been covered in Every FAQ - please contact Steam and raise a ticket request.

Regards,

Murray

Hi.

Press: CTR: + ALT + DEL

This will bring up dialogue box, choose "Start Task Manager"

When in task Manager sort the programs by name and look for "FM.exe"

If it is there highlight this and close it.

Once it has gone from the list try to run the game again.

Still nothing. Any other suggestions?

Finally managed to get the game loaded but the "facegen" error comes up and i cant download the patch, when i click on the patch i get a page saying:

Not Found

The requested URL /download/482.exe was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What am i doing wrong now?! Thanks!

Finally managed to get the game loaded but the "facegen" error comes up and i cant download the patch, when i click on the patch i get a page saying:

Not Found

The requested URL /download/482.exe was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What am i doing wrong now?! Thanks!

You need to reset your game settings using the --reset_preferences command.

Please see the instructions on the first page of this thread. They are towards the bottom of the page.

I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

Right-click on the FM shortcut.

Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.

In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences

Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made

IS THERE ANY CHANCE YOU CAN EXPLAIN THIS IN SIMPLE TERMS AS WHEN I TRY TO DO IT IT DOES'NT MAKE SENSE.

someone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when I put my disk in it does nothing, not a single window appears on the screen and my disk drive makes a weird sound! Ive tried lots of things, nothings working!! help help!!!!

im having the exact same problem but knowbody seems to be answering with a solution :confused:

help please!!

I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

Right-click on the FM shortcut.

Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.

In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences

Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made

IS THERE ANY CHANCE YOU CAN EXPLAIN THIS IN SIMPLE TERMS AS WHEN I TRY TO DO IT IT DOES'NT MAKE SENSE.

What operating system are you using? For example, Windows XP or Windows Vista?

How did you install the game? Did you buy a boxed copy or digitally through Steam?

Do you have an FM shortcut on your desktop?

Ok,

so i managed to activate and install first time but now I keep getting the "Array Access Out Of Bounds" error message.

The game then dissapears and i cant get back to it but it is still running in task manager.

I have DL the directx file, the 9.01 patch, running in wondowed mode and updated all drivers on my machine but it still happens. Sometimes i can go through loads of games with nothing then it happens repeateldy after 1 or 2 games.

I have turned all replays, sound and 3d mode off but its still happening. I have searched for other soloutions but cannot find any..

Please help

ok, som now i can still play as the windowed mode is working properly now.. any idea wht i have this issue or if there is a fix? the 3d engine also runs very slowly..

someone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when I put my disk in it does nothing, not a single window appears on the screen and my disk drive makes a weird sound! Ive tried lots of things, nothings working!! help help!!!!
go to add/remove programs and add it from there

still not working it just says that nothing can be found on the disk drive and if you click on the disk drive through my computer it just gets stuck until you take the disk out :confused:

Archived