Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Marc the game is nearly perfect for me, after quite a few hours work. But I'm having an issue with the mouse. Please see- http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=63112

As others have mentioned my drivers are upto date, I have the patch installed and SDK installed.

Hopefully you can give me some idea how to resolve this.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where are you downloading the patch from?

Assuming you are using Inernet Explorer, can you try this:

In Internet Explorer, go to the "Tools" menu, click "Internet Options".

Click on the "Security" tab.

Click on "Trusted sites".

Click on the "Sites" button.

In the "Trusted sites" dialog, under "Add this website to the zone", type the domain you want to download from (e.g. something like: mydomain.com).

Make sure "Require server verification" is not ticked.

Click "Add", then "Close" to close the "Trusted sites" dialog.

Back in the "Internet Options" dialog click "OK" to close this dialog and apply the changes.

Try to download the file.

Does this help?

Hi Boah, the patch still wont download as microsoft has a problem with certificates/unpublsished etc etc

I'm taking game back in next couple of days and never buying FM again - spent too long on thi.

Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

Marc - I have the same problem as above (fm.exe crash posted by Stedders, Lad and Bigal81 above) and the noted fix doesn't work. I don't have the net at present so I had to copy to disc and place onto computer though it installed fine however same error occurs:

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.23544 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 9.1.0.26064 Offset: 00o0e857

I have Dell dimension

Windows XP home

512mb ram

Pentium 4 2.6ghz

1000mb available memory

DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Internet is currently down though activated through phone authorisation which worked ok.

Tested fm2009 on parents pc and it worked fine.

Puzzled!.

Hiya,

An update was provided earlier today I believe, but perhaps has got lost in the midst of other posts. We're still working on the Mac patch and we wanted to go live today but came across a couple of issues that we felt needed more testing.

We're hopeful we will be able to go live tomorrow, but that obviously depends on how the test results go.

Please accept our apologies in the meantime for the delay.

Thxs for update and apologies. I hope the patch will be out today ...

Cheers

MAC Users

My game would not boot when i clicked the FM09 desktop icon, just kept telling me that the game quit unexpectadly.

I have now tried booting from the FMicon contained in the Football Manager 2009 folder, and the game runs perfectly.

Hope this help other mac users?

The game, and in fact my whole computer, freezes when I attempt to play a match in 3D mode. 2D works fine, but the reason I bought this game is because of the 3D mode! Very annoying.

I have seen SI are looking into this problem. There is a patch (9.1.10 or something) that I have downloaded. How do I connect this to the football manager application? Please help before I break something.

So - a new day, and still the same old problems! Will MAC users get any kind of response today? It's funny how LOADS of PC users are getting responses or offers to PM an administrator, yet MAC users have heard nothing....

WILL THERE BE A MAC PATCH TODAY??? YES OR NO?? Just so we know...

So - a new day, and still the same old problems! Will MAC users get any kind of response today? It's funny how LOADS of PC users are getting responses or offers to PM an administrator, yet MAC users have heard nothing....

Its just as bad for PC users. I have posted about 20 times, i get as far as someone asking me to PM me some DXDIAG information and then they do nothing after that!!!

I'd imagine that's because the Mac developers are trying to fix what is broken in the 3d game screen rather than buzzing around the forums.

Be thankful they support your platform at all! /linux user

hi guys

my problem is this

first, i had the "failed to set up graphics system" error, so under direction from SI i installed the DirectX SDK file.

my NEW problem is that when i go to click on the Direct X file, it tells me:

This setup executable has not been packed with files and settings. Please use the PACKER tool to build this executable.

ERROR code: S1001

Maybe this has been addressed earlier, but does anyone know how to fix this?

Many thanks for any assistance.

Heey,

need sum help! lol.

Ryt... I installed the game after many efforts using uniloc and finally my activation code worked etc etc, and ive been playing the game (which is gr8 obv btw) and i saved it and exited the game, but now when i click on the shortcut i made it comes up with...

'football manager is not working... windows is checking for solution'

followed by.... ' football manager 2009 has stopped working...a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is availiable'

What do i do to get the game working again?

Ive also tried installing the patch 9.0.1 but when its actually updating the game i get an error when its updating 'file 159'. And now as my game won't work again, i trid downloading the patch but it keps coming up with 'error in the file' 'x6.exe' n i click on the unknown publisher link it says its from n it comes up with digital signiture something? i'd post the images onto here if i cud remember how :s

Please any help and guidance wud b very much appreciated guys

'1. I have a shop copy of the game and have tried to install using Steam - It installs OK but when I try to launch the game, even offline, it says 'the game is not currently available, try again later'. I tried throughout the day but it still doesn't work.

2. I tried uninstalling Steam, but I still cannot get the game to run - I click on the 'activator' icon but nothing happens. I have tried downloading the 'fix' suggested on here but when I do it says something about a windows script host and the system not being able to find the file specified.

3. I have looked for the .exe file in the game folder but there isn't one.

I have uninstalled it to see if that will work but no joy.

Help!'

This is my post from yesterday. I haven't had a reply and I haven't made any progress. I have used the 'fix' suggested and it says that it is succesful and asks me to run the game, but the 'Activator' icon STILL DOES NOTHING. I don't get an error message so I can't really tell what the problem is - nothing happens!

I cannot find an '.exe' file in the directory.

Please can somebody respond? Many thanks.

I am on a Macbook, and my game worked fine. I have tried to start up FM this evening and get the below error. I have tried uninstalling and re installing, but to no avail.

Error message - "The application Football Manager 2009 v 9 . 0 . 0 f 23552 quit unexpectedly."

How do i fix this?! i really want to play!

:(

PLEASE SI, DONT SKIP BY ME AGAIN...

Hi guys,

when i installed it said it had been done but with serious errors. on the installog it says this

Install File: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\sigfx\meshes\pitch\textures\perfect\very poor\pitch_top_right.dds

Additional Notes: ERROR - ZeroGpl: ZIP_Read: error reading zip file

Install Directory: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\

Additional Notes: FATAL ERROR - Error Installing Folder Contents: java.util.zip.ZipException: ZIP_Read: error reading zip file

what can i do??

They have got our money guys and girls, their pockets are lined with Christmas just round the corner. Credit crunch.....what credit crunch in the land of SIGames, Sega and Steam. Perhaps us mere mortals dont matter.....

The problem is simple.....everyone is having problems, everyone is posting problems on these forums, everyone's posts get lost amongst even more problems, individuals are hellbent on getting their own problems sorted (which is understandable, we have each paid the money for it) but surely its time for one quick fix to the whole problem........I can see it now, headlines in the press, on tv "SI Games launch amnesty and recall all copies of FM09, return opened and unopened copies to the retailer where you bought it for a full refund" For a moment there I thought I saw a low flying plane but with various patches, fixes, confusing instructions I clearly saw it was actually a pig flying by the window.....at least it gave me something entertaining to look at.

COME ON GUYS LETS SEE YOU REALLY DO CARE ABOUT US THE CUSTOMERS. ONE FIX FOR ONE IS NOT A FIX FOR OTHERS. THE ONLY FIX AVAILABLE IS TO PULL THE GAME UNTIL THE PROBLEMS ARE SORTED.

They have got our money guys and girls, their pockets are lined with Christmas just round the corner. Credit crunch.....what credit crunch in the land of SIGames, Sega and Steam. Perhaps us mere mortals dont matter.....

The problem is simple.....everyone is having problems, everyone is posting problems on these forums, everyone's posts get lost amongst even more problems, individuals are hellbent on getting their own problems sorted (which is understandable, we have each paid the money for it) but surely its time for one quick fix to the whole problem........I can see it now, headlines in the press, on tv "SI Games launch amnesty and recall all copies of FM09, return opened and unopened copies to the retailer where you bought it for a full refund" For a moment there I thought I saw a low flying plane but with various patches, fixes, confusing instructions I clearly saw it was actually a pig flying by the window.....at least it gave me something entertaining to look at.

COME ON GUYS LETS SEE YOU REALLY DO CARE ABOUT US THE CUSTOMERS. ONE FIX FOR ONE IS NOT A FIX FOR OTHERS. THE ONLY FIX AVAILABLE IS TO PULL THE GAME UNTIL THE PROBLEMS ARE SORTED.

Are you really that petty that you want other people not to play if they've got their problems sorted? The problems revolve around the activation tool which works for some and not for others. There are 'fix' files for that tool being developed, and I'd imagine when all the problems are resolved, a new version, a 'patch' to the activation tool, will be released.

the xml parsing error is still happening even after reseting preferences, its driving me nuts

Then one of your XML files is broken. Try to find out which and replace it, or uninstall, delete the folders, and re-install.

Heey,

need sum help! lol.

Ryt... I installed the game after many efforts using uniloc and finally my activation code worked etc etc, and ive been playing the game (which is gr8 obv btw) and i saved it and exited the game, but now when i click on the shortcut i made it comes up with...

'football manager is not working... windows is checking for solution'

followed by.... ' football manager 2009 has stopped working...a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is availiable'

What do i do to get the game working again?

Ive also tried installing the patch 9.0.1 but when its actually updating the game i get an error when its updating 'file 159'. And now as my game won't work again, i trid downloading the patch but it keps coming up with 'error in the file' 'x6.exe' n i click on the unknown publisher link it says its from n it comes up with digital signiture something? i'd post the images onto here if i cud remember how :s

Please any help and guidance wud b very much appreciated guys

ive already tried the 'fix' suggested for having the digital signiture issue when it comes to the patch, but ive just tried again and the same error comes up to do with digital sigatures. And my game still wont load just comes up with football manager 2009 has stopped working...a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is availiable' still.

Are you really that petty that you want other people not to play if they've got their problems sorted? The problems revolve around the activation tool which works for some and not for others. There are 'fix' files for that tool being developed, and I'd imagine when all the problems are resolved, a new version, a 'patch' to the activation tool, will be released.

Then one of your XML files is broken. Try to find out which and replace it, or uninstall, delete the folders, and re-install.

NO I am not being petty, just realistic. You summed it up in your own reply, the activation tool works for some and not for others. Obviously if your game is working then you dont need to return it....that would be just silly. I think you missed the point of an amnesty......

I have also just looked at the packaging again and it says it is recommended for three years and up......I wonder how a young kid would be able to sort the problems out......maybe they are tecno wizzes!!!! Sadly I am not, and I am not ashamed to say it.

how would i find the xml filethats broken?

I'd imagine that's because the Mac developers are trying to fix what is broken in the 3d game screen rather than buzzing around the forums.

Be thankful they support your platform at all! /linux user

Thankful? Gratitude is not really the emotion I'm experiencing at present...but what a suggestion. Amazing.

Hi, (2nd Post)

I am at my wits end, all i ever get when i try to install FM09 is an error saying:

Installer UI Mode Error:

Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported

Unable to load and to prepare the installer in GUI mode.

I am using Windows Vista 64 Ultimate an my system is well above spec so theres no issue there.

I have tried lowering the resolution or setting the display to basic. Ive tried running it in XP SP2 compatibility mode and running it as administrator. Ive also tried Direct X SDK to see if that would fix it.

I have spent hours trying to find something on the internet without any success! Ive had the game since its release day and all i wanna do is play it!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

(By the way i had the demo working on my system fine)

I am on a Macbook, and my game worked fine. I have tried to start up FM this evening and get the below error. I have tried uninstalling and re installing, but to no avail.

Error message - "The application Football Manager 2009 v 9 . 0 . 0 f 23552 quit unexpectedly."

How do i fix this?! i really want to play!

:(

Exactly the same for me. Supposed to be a patch released today to fix this. We'll see. But as yet, not even a reply this morning, nor an update.

Im with you on that wanno1, Why would i want to buy a game what needs fixing, I don't have a clue about all these files, Aren't games ment to be put in load up install and play. unlike this one.

Thank you for agreeing....... and yes games should just be put in, loaded, up and played. Afterall thats what we pay £29.99!

Its lucky in a way, everyone has internet access these days. Oh I forgot they dont!

well folks a might have to admit defeat and take fm 09 back!! not chuffed but honestly........everything has been done to try & fix this mess!! i know some of yous are peed off bigtime due to lack of support but i cant fault neil from SIgames, he tried everything and still got nowhere, looks like i will have to put up with my mates talking about FM09 & i will probably hit someone.........REALLY HARD!!! dont think i have any anger left!!!

Marc could you help me out with the Array access out of bounds? that keeps poping up every time i try play a game. my game shuts down while i kick play match and i cant' go back in... all tho the game is still running in the task manager help me out dude!

Thanks

i also have the problem stated above, FM cannot work well in Vista

everytime when i go into the "submit team selection" or "go to match" sceen, the computer freeze and find that FM does not reponse

my brother play FM on another computer with window XP............. and he has no such problem

what can i do now??? i have bought FM on the release day but cannot play a match, what the hell

Hi

I have been trying to get FM 09 working since Friday, unfortunately no luck yet.

I chose to install without using steam (although this didn't work either) and have had my keycode accepted. However when trying to launch the game I recieve an error message:

Football Manager 2009 has stopped working

Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.

APPCRASH

fm.exe

The only thing I have not been able to do as far as I am aware is download the patch. I get the a web page cannot be displayed message when attempting to download.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I think the guysfrom SI have been up all night working on the game. Perhaps, some shut eye is well earnt. But still, there dont seem to be any conclusive updates bieng posted on their website. Please can can someone up there publish an update that everyone can understand. What is being done, what is still to be done.......will there be a total solution!

I bought the game back on friday and i havnt been able 2 play it yet because the game wont load the start menu. i did have the trouble with activation like everyone else but that has since been sorted. when i start the game it is very clear that it is slow on my laptop but once it gets 2 the page with the L at the bottom right everything just stops and it doesnt go beyond that:(. is there anything i can do to fix this problem? i am willing 2 download anything if i have 2

Archived