Known issues and solutions - FAQ

When I try to start the game, Soft Anchor says my trial period has ended and asks me for key. I put my key in and the activation goes on fine. When I try to start the game I get the same message on and on and on. Seems like the activation process is bugged, because it wants me to activate every time I try to start. Anyone have any advice for this problem?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
Hi I'm still getting Error -51. I have tried your solution of uninstalling the game, and then rebooting, installing and then activating, but still getting the same error. When i get the error i click back and then next again and the screen gets stuck on the initialising page.

I am running windows vista

Can you review the following log file please...

Football_Manager_2009_InstallLog.log

It's in C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

It's likely to have an error in, can you confirm it's contents.

Why would this affect FML? THey are different games?

Hi Marc,

Im having the exact same problem as Stedders above

"On startup the fm.exe crashes, the following is in the "Send error..."

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 9.1.0.26064 Offset: 00e5dbce"

Do you or anyone else have any sort of clue how to fix this?

Like Stedders i have the latest version of Direct X 9 installed. Unfortunatley this hasn't been my first problem of the last few days!

Though in fairness i have now installed the game on two of my friends computers with the help of these forums so one last piece of advice would make my saturday. Please help, otherwise its the pub for me tonight...who would chose the pub over footy manager on a night like this....?

Thanks in advance

You are receiving an Error [-1003]

Fix: You are entering the key incorrectly please visit the following URL to correctly identify your key - http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

I have done this yesterday afternoon and it gave me my correct code, which i have been trying to use. I have just put my code back into the keylookup/softanchor to double check that is is right, and now it says it is unable to find my code, what now?

thanks again

• SI Staff
i have this problem (The installation of Football Manager 2009 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details)

what do i do

Can you locate the error log and paste it's contents here please.

• SI Staff
Hi Marc, authentication worked, FM starts with SI logo but then stops and get a message saying, "Facegen was disabled because it failed to initilase. Please check log file for details".

What do i need to do?

Fix: Please install the Patch, and ensure your graphics drivers are up to date

• SI Staff
I have done this yesterday afternoon and it gave me my correct code, which i have been trying to use. I have just put my code back into the keylookup/softanchor to double check that is is right, and now it says it is unable to find my code, what now?

thanks again

Send me a JPG of the back of your manual so we can review your code.

• SI Staff
703 error still ctn get past it does anyone have any ideas??!!please....

Fix: This indicates that the server is busy and has been unable to fulfill your request, please do keep trying, it will authenticate.

• SI Staff
Hi Marc,

Im having the exact same problem as Stedders above

"On startup the fm.exe crashes, the following is in the "Send error..."

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 9.1.0.26064 Offset: 00e5dbce"

Do you or anyone else have any sort of clue how to fix this?

Like Stedders i have the latest version of Direct X 9 installed. Unfortunatley this hasn't been my first problem of the last few days!

Though in fairness i have now installed the game on two of my friends computers with the help of these forums so one last piece of advice would make my saturday. Please help, otherwise its the pub for me tonight...who would chose the pub over footy manager on a night like this....?

Thanks in advance

Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

• SI Staff
Marc,

I have the problem where the ode I have put in is already registered.

Now, when I try and find the sports interactive/ football manager certificate file, my search says it cant be found?

Now what?

Cheers,

Jack

Fix: You need to delete the certificates and re-activate the game

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game

2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation programme and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

Can you review the following log file please...

Football_Manager_2009_InstallLog.log

It's in C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

It's likely to have an error in, can you confirm it's contents.

I have checked it and it says : 1587 Successes

0 Warnings

0 NonFatalErrors

0 FatalErrors

Action Notes:

None

Fix: Please install the Patch, and ensure your graphics drivers are up to date

thanks, whats the best way to do this, i spent about 2 & half hrs opening it then windows didnt recognise it and binned it, i saw something earlier where its better to save it first, but what do you do when youve saved it?

• SI Staff
Hi, whenever i try to activate my code through Uniloc i keep getting the same message come up 'We were unable to process your unlock request. To receive a new key, please visit: http://www.sigames.com.' and underneath that 'Error : [821]'.

Please Help!

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation programme and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

This post lists all current known issues and their solutions. If you have an issue not listed please post here and we will attempt to get you up and running. Please note that this thread will be moderated tightly and any stray posts or abuse will be removed.

STEAM "Currently unavailable" game error.

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

Error 703

This issue should no longer be appearing. If you do encounter the error please try again

Error 821

It shouldn't happen to first time activators. If encountered the solution is to delete the XP or Vista directories:

And reactivate.

"Application was unable to connect"

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62568

The "cannot connect" error will also occur if the server is saturated. This shouldn't occur moving forward, but it is worth adding that if the certificate on the computer is okay, attempting to activate again in a few moments might help.

sorry was reading through the threads Is this the Instructions to deal with the problem:

"cannot run game: failed to set up graphic system"

Send me a JPG of the back of your manual so we can review your code.

i brought my laptop to my partners with the FM09 disc in it, so my case and booklet are not with me, i only have the code i was given by the keylookup/softanchor programme saved on my cpu.

wont be home till monday so no fm for me this weekend i guess

thanks anyway marc, and good luck tonight

• SI Staff
hi. i bought this game to play on my downtime in iraq but i still cant activate it. i keep getting error -51 even after i try the above methods. i leave tomorrow and its starting to get desperate. plz help asap.

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

Note: If the above does not fix it – please check the following:

• C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data is not set to read only.

• Also check that C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate are not set to read only!

To check if a file or folder is read only, please right click the folder and select ‘Properties’ from the dropdown, you should the see a box at the bottom called Attributes – please ensure this is unticked or does not have a green square inside.

• Another way it could happen is if there is another instance of FM.exe or Activator.exe holding onto our certificate. In this case - the user should check the process list to see if another instance of FM.exe is open. If so - close it first.

To do this you need to open Task Manager (right click TaskBar, or CTRL+ALT+DEL), sort the Image Name column by clicking on it and identifying if Activator.exe or FM.exe are running. If they are highlight and click ‘End Task’

• SI Staff
sorry was reading through the threads Is this the Instructions to deal with the problem:

"cannot run game: failed to set up graphic system"

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

• SI Staff
thanks, whats the best way to do this, i spent about 2 & half hrs opening it then windows didnt recognise it and binned it, i saw something earlier where its better to save it first, but what do you do when youve saved it?

Find a mirror site to download the patch

When you come to download it, save as to your computer (My Documents perhaps)

Once it's finished, go to my Documents and find the file - double click it and run it. It'll then guide you through the patching process.

• SI Staff
i brought my laptop to my partners with the FM09 disc in it, so my case and booklet are not with me, i only have the code i was given by the keylookup/softanchor programme saved on my cpu.

wont be home till monday so no fm for me this weekend i guess

thanks anyway marc, and good luck tonight

Shame, I was hoping to be able to help you tonight.

I bought my football manager 2009 yesterday and it worked out fine, but when I tried to start it this morning i got the following error message (just before the starting menu was reached):

"XML Parsing error

not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml"

I haven't edited or added anything to the game nor have I run any other patches than the 9.1.0 that came with the game. I have reinstalled the game two times without improvement.

What to do?

• SI Staff
is it me or are u just answering the problems to do with internet connection?

what about the phone lines hey?

Post a problem here and I'll give you an answer. What is your issue.

Marc please help me i am going mad here. I have tried everything but it is coming up with the can not connect to internet problem. I tried opening that page in IE but came up with no certifcate error message, so installed it manually. Still same error. It has been over 24 hours please help!

I still have the same cannot connect to the internet problem, ive followed the certificate instructions to the cord, i have remove firewalls and such but nothing seems to make a bit of difference. Help would be greatly appreciated, just want to play the game really

Archived