Known issues and solutions - FAQ

my game installed fine, as did the patch. when i go to open fm09 though it says 'failed to install graphic system'. is this the thing that the direct x SDK is meant to fix? i would like to be sure before downloading such a big file.

can anyone confirm please?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

im a vista user and none of this is on my computer program data???? i have program files and i dont have football manger 2009 certificate

help me please otherwise this is the last £30 you ever gt out of me

I still have not had my problem helped.

I have to activate through the phone because of no internet connection on my computer in my room (I am currently on laptop). I have 'succesfully' activated the game 4 times over the phone but everytime I try to load the game the softanchor screen comes up again wanting me to activate the game.

I have already tried deleting the certificates then trying again and I have also tried un-installing then doing it again but no luck. Can someone please offer a solution as I am really desperate to play the game.

iv been trying since 9am 14th november up until now im sick and tired of it and i will be contacting watchdog about this so many people have been conned out of £30 and its just not on especially as there is no help line as there on a weekend break NICE ONE SEGA

Ok, I'm giving this another try.

Heres the status:

- I have installed it on my desktop without being asked for any code

- I can't install it on my laptop because Softanchor says that my code is already activated

- If I change the code to lower case, Softanchor tells me that activation was successful. But when I try to run the game, it once again asks me for the code

- I have tried phone activation, and it gave the same results as mentioned above; appears to work, but Softanchor keeps asking me for the code.

- I have tried all the solutions posted here

Thanks for your help.

Hi Marc,

I spoke to you this morning about the following error message on Steam: 'The Game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time'. Could you let me know if you've had any news on this as it's happening again this evening.

As a reminder, my game has been activated, I've even had a limited amount of playing time, so this is particularly frustrating. If my playing time is always going to be at the mercy of Steam then I have to confess I'm far from happy.

Sorry if this has already been talked about in other threads, i did try to look round for someone having the same problem as me but there are by far too many posts to go through!

ANYWAY, i acctivated the game (finally) and began to play the game. After a quick scouting mission i began my 1st match. Worked out fine, after another big scouting mission i started my 2nd game. Although when it was loading fm closed down and come up with this message:

"This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

It was too late to do so, so just turned it off and would try again in the morning.

Re-installed it this mornin and it worked fine until after my 1st game. The same message come up.

Would appreciate it if someone could help asap.

I bought and successfully installed fm.

i was playing for a bit then i saved the game and turned off my laptop.

when i tried 2 open fm back up it said it could not open the saved game.

so i started a new game thinking it was a once off.

however i got the same problem as before

so i uninstalled fm

but now i cant install it again

my laptop wont even recognise the disk

why are so many people having problems? why was this game released when it clearly wsnt ready? why have they chosen to use "steam" to open the game?

:thdn:

totally given up. waste of £28

I had this exact same problem but finally got round it. After losing patience with steam and uninstalling everything, my FM09 disc wouldn't run, but I got around this by using explorer to find the setup.exe file on the disc (not the one in the root folder - it's in \Disk1\InstData\Windows\VM\). This worked fine and I was very careful not to select the steam option second time around! All working fine now : D

This is excruiating.

I've went through the phone activation and it was apparently successful. However, nothing happens and the game does not launch. I double click the game to start it and lo and behold I presented with the Soft Anchor phone activation screen again. Unbelievable.

I used my mobile for the phone activation so it has cost me money and I've got absolutely nothing but extra frustration. Where do Sega and SI get off with wasting people's time and money with this phone activation and not deliver anything? Is this legal?

What is happening here? This is truly unacceptable. Like a lot of people I've been faffing about most of the day with this. All I want to is play the game that I have purchased. What I am meant to do with a laptop that has no internet and a phone activation that says its successful but isn't?

This post lists all current known issues and their solutions. If you have an issue not listed please post here and we will attempt to get you up and running. Please note that this thread will be moderated tightly and any stray posts or abuse will be removed.

STEAM "Currently unavailable" game error.

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game

2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation programme and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

Error 703

This issue should no longer be appearing. If you do encounter the error please try again

Error 821

It shouldn't happen to first time activators. If encountered the solution is to delete the XP or Vista directories:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

And reactivate.

"Application was unable to connect"

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62568

The "cannot connect" error will also occur if the server is saturated. This shouldn't occur moving forward, but it is worth adding that if the certificate on the computer is okay, attempting to activate again in a few moments might help.

Still looking for a solution to ERROR -1003, you made any progress with it yet?

thanks

Rob43, the best advice is avoid this game altogether. Life is too short. It would be easier getting in touch with Barack Obama than it is to get this game working. I just wish I could turn time back 9 hours and not have went into Game this morning. Just as well I don't have a cat or dog.

I have been trying to install my copy since 10:30 this morning, still no luck. I have tried everything I can find on these sites but I am still getting the message 'cannot run game: failed to set up graphics system'. Wot is wrong with my laptop? I have been on Microsoft to try to download Direct x update but am unable to do this also. Will this work if I can get it? Or do I need to try something else. Shall I download the patch and then install the game? My laptop is decent and covers all specifications required as far as I am aware. Does anyone know any other ways of helping me?

I just wanna play foot man and finally have some joy with Leeds, especially after todays result!!!

• SI Staff
I have been trying to install my copy since 10:30 this morning, still no luck. I have tried everything I can find on these sites but I am still getting the message 'cannot run game: failed to set up graphics system'. Wot is wrong with my laptop? I have been on Microsoft to try to download Direct x update but am unable to do this also. Will this work if I can get it? Or do I need to try something else. Shall I download the patch and then install the game? My laptop is decent and covers all specifications required as far as I am aware. Does anyone know any other ways of helping me?

I just wanna play foot man and finally have some joy with Leeds, especially after todays result!!!

The answer to your problem lies in the first post of this thread.

• SI Staff
Still looking for a solution to ERROR -1003, you made any progress with it yet?

thanks

You are receiving an Error [-1003]

Fix: You are entering the key incorrectly please visit the following URL to correctly identify your key - http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

Right I have tried to upload FM09 through steam and last night I had the main problems that everyone had with the code and online activation.

I am not really that computer savvy to be honest, and although it says FM09 is 100% ready to play when I clck "launch" I get a pop up saying :

cannot run game: failed to set up graphic system

so I take it this would be something wrong with my computer can anyone help me with this?

• SI Staff
i am still getting the application was unable to connect to internet, please check your connection, this occurs even after installing the certificate as per the thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62568, i have tried stopping my firewall but this does not allow it to work!

Any ideas?

Fix:

1) Open IE and go to: https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com

2) Here if you are using IE7 it will prompt you – “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.”

3) Next, Click – “Continue to this website (not recommended)”. However – this is okay, it is safe.

4) Look up top at your IE address bar – you will see “Certificate Error”. Click this box, then click “View Certificates”.

5) Press, “Install Certificate…”

6) Select the “Place all certificates in the following store”.

7) Press “Browse”

8) Select “Trusted Root Certificate Authorities”. Not this will install the Go Daddy (a reputable) certificate into your trusted root certificate authorities if it is not there.

9) Press OK

10) Press Next

11) Press Finish

Close IE, then Reopen it and to go to https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com. Note: on this visit, you will be allowed without trouble.

From here –

1) Reopen your FM2009 game

2) Enter your key into the Activation Dialog

3) Select the “Online” activation

4) Press Next

You game should activate immediately.

Please note: You will require your system clock to be set correctly, failure to do so will cause an error with HTTPS. Please therefore ensure your system time and date are set correctly.

You are receiving an Error [-1003]

Fix: You are entering the key incorrectly please visit the following URL to correctly identify your key - http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

I only have two O/0 and 1 I/7 in my keycode so ive tried every combination possible and the link is still unable to find my key. Ive tried both capital and lower cases. Anything else I can do?

• SI Staff
I still can not activate my game as it keeps saying that they are unable to connect this has been happening for 36 hours now:(! Is this still the same for everyone else too and is this still because the server is busy?

Please Please can someone help?!

Fix:

1) Open IE and go to: https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com

2) Here if you are using IE7 it will prompt you – “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.”

3) Next, Click – “Continue to this website (not recommended)”. However – this is okay, it is safe.

4) Look up top at your IE address bar – you will see “Certificate Error”. Click this box, then click “View Certificates”.

5) Press, “Install Certificate…”

6) Select the “Place all certificates in the following store”.

7) Press “Browse”

8) Select “Trusted Root Certificate Authorities”. Not this will install the Go Daddy (a reputable) certificate into your trusted root certificate authorities if it is not there.

9) Press OK

10) Press Next

11) Press Finish

Close IE, then Reopen it and to go to https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com. Note: on this visit, you will be allowed without trouble.

From here –

1) Reopen your FM2009 game

2) Enter your key into the Activation Dialog

3) Select the “Online” activation

4) Press Next

You game should activate immediately.

Please note: You will require your system clock to be set correctly, failure to do so will cause an error with HTTPS. Please therefore ensure your system time and date are set correctly.

• SI Staff
I only have two O/0 and 1 I/7 in my keycode so ive tried every combination possible and the link is still unable to find my key. Ive tried both capital and lower cases. Anything else I can do?

Can you please send me a JPG of your manual back cover so I can see your code. My email address is marc.duffy@sigames.com

Hi I'm still getting Error -51. I have tried your solution of uninstalling the game, and then rebooting, installing and then activating, but still getting the same error. When i get the error i click back and then next again and the screen gets stuck on the initialising page.

I am running windows vista

• SI Staff
Sorry if this has already been talked about in other threads, i did try to look round for someone having the same problem as me but there are by far too many posts to go through!

ANYWAY, i acctivated the game (finally) and began to play the game. After a quick scouting mission i began my 1st match. Worked out fine, after another big scouting mission i started my 2nd game. Although when it was loading fm closed down and come up with this message:

"This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

It was too late to do so, so just turned it off and would try again in the morning.

Re-installed it this mornin and it worked fine until after my 1st game. The same message come up.

Would appreciate it if someone could help asap.

For some reason, you are missing a DLL. I can supply this to you if you email me marc.duffy@sigames.com

• SI Staff
I get this message:

CANNOT RUN GAME: FAILED TO SET-UP GRAPHICS SYSTEM

I have uninstalled and re-instlalled 3 times using both steam and the other 1 and still get the same.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

This is covered in the first post in this thread.

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

Rob43, the best advice is avoid this game altogether. Life is too short. It would be easier getting in touch with Barack Obama than it is to get this game working. I just wish I could turn time back 9 hours and not have went into Game this morning. Just as well I don't have a cat or dog.

I feel your pain brother:(:(

Can you please send me a JPG of your manual back cover so I can see your code. My email address is marc.duffy@sigames.com

Mine was because of the date being out by a day, I feel so stupid......

Mark thanks for your time today, I appreciate things are messed up but the fact you are all here trying to help out still helps to lessen the sting somewhat.

Archived