Known issues and solutions - FAQ

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
All of the above check out. Installed it through steam worked fine last night but now it freezes when when i submit me team, can go on holiday for 1 day but that's not really the idea is it. De-selected the 3D graphics still freezes.

Using the patch 9.1? Got the Directx SDK? Got the latest graphics card drivers?

• SI Staff
The application Football manager 2009 v9.0.0 f 23552 quit unexpectedly

please help.

i installed the game, but havent even managed to get the game to launch yet?

Download the patch please for starters (v9.1)

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ctgs

Hi, Ive installed a boxed version of fm 09 on my vista laptop, it installed fine, but when i try and open editor a message comes up, which is....

c:\users\christopher\appdata\local\microsoft\windo ws\gameexplorer\{BE416EA4-4...\rundataeditor.lnk

The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.

I then installed the patch and this message still comes up.

Are you on Vista 64bit?

Hi im on vista 32 bit, and i did download what you suggested, still doesnt work though

Actually just to add, when i downloaded what you said, it came up that i already had it.

• SI Staff
Sorry but can you reply to my 2 post's please? :)

Mine just sits on the Softanchor online activation... Initializing......

Help!

Many Thanks

Can you try deleting your certificates (details in the first post of this thread)

• SI Staff
What a wate of ****ing time to play a game i mean come on , dont yo feel slightly ashemed of si and sega this is a game not asif some has just spun of this game in a week :(

Taking it back tomoroow

Why take it back when we can get you up and running.

• SI Staff
oh my god marc, if this works i shall worship the very ground you walk on dude.

we are not worthy

thank you very much mate, great help :)

one satisfied customer here hehe

Kneel before Zod.

yes please.

Oh man, do I feel embarrassed or what...I deleted the directory, rebooted, activated and the game started. I believe that the space between "Program" and "Data" that you have in your path fooled me, since the space is missing in my path, but I should have noticed it anyway.

FM crashed though when I tried to load my previous save game, but that could be because the savegame was created with the first patch and I have not yet patched up this installation. When I tried to download the patch from your website I got a 404 error, is the patch revoked or is it moved?

I have error 51, but none of the directorys you have specified in the fix for it actually exist on my computer. I brought game from steam. Can't even work out how to uninstall the damn thing anyways. No uninstall.exe and doesnt show up in add/remove programs

Marc, I don't really understand this certificates thing, how do I do what you're saying at the start of this thread? I went onto IE and the website stated, but I'm not prompted by “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.” I don't know what to do, and also with UNILOC, when I come to entering my activation code there's no phone option, only internet!!

Please help!!

Thanks

im having problems authenticating my fm2009.

i have installed it through steam, the game was ready to go until i got to the anchorsoft screen in which i input my keycode (which is correct) and it came up saying it was unable to connect to the internet. i followed your advice in the forum and went to this link https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com only for it to ask for a username and password. this is as far as i can go and im literally at the end of my tether, please help...

I've installed through Steam, but when I try to launch game it goes to SoftAnchor thing, i enter the code then i get the following message:

We were unable to process your unlock request, to recieve a new key please visit sigames.com

Error [-51]

I hope its a simple solution because I am useless with computers, i brought the game yesterday morning, yesterday i was getting the no internet connection message n today I'm getting the above message.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Download the patch v9.1 for starters.

Absolute hero, i had completley forgotten about the patch (which i had downloaded yesterday morning but not put on my computer in my room). It seems to be working fine now. Thank you very much. I'm going to crack open a few cans now and manage the gooners, probably better than Arsene has the last few years.

Anyone who is still stuck, i feel for you massivley. All i can say is try and stay calm as i'm sure Marcs trying his best to help us all.

Once again legend like Zorro

Hi marc, Tried everything you said but still ended up were i was before.

Double click on fm09 then these

http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=88234457aw1.jpg

Entered my key loads for 10 seconds then

http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=47216966ei3.jpg

Tried well over 300 times and always end up with the same result.

Exactly the same as Damrock

• SI Staff
I've installed through Steam, but when I try to launch game it goes to SoftAnchor thing, i enter the code then i get the following message:

We were unable to process your unlock request, to recieve a new key please visit sigames.com

Error [-51]

I hope its a simple solution because I am useless with computers, i brought the game yesterday morning, yesterday i was getting the no internet connection message n today I'm getting the above message.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Fix: You need to delete the certificates and re-activate the game

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game

2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation program and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

Note: If the above does not fix it – please check the following:

• C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data is not set to read only.

• Also check that C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate are not set to read only!

Well I got it to work this afternoon with some help of a moderator here.

Just closed the game to watch a real match, but now I'm going back to the game.

It's true amazing how addictive this game is.

Over 7 hours of playing, and I'm not even close to being done with it for this session.

However SI, please don't ever do this to us again.

I know you're all working hard, but alot of things (like the Da Vinci code on the back of the manual) should have never happened.

But, as my ending words.

Thumbs up for taking care of the problems!

Once i get to the softanchor page, i paste the code in and click next and it sits like this for ages... Does nothing! Help please?!

FM09.jpg

Can you try deleting your certificates (details in the first post of this thread)

I have just reinstalled without using steam and it works?! Rediculously strange.. ah well cheers for your help fella.

• SI Staff
im having problems authenticating my fm2009.

i have installed it through steam, the game was ready to go until i got to the anchorsoft screen in which i input my keycode (which is correct) and it came up saying it was unable to connect to the internet. i followed your advice in the forum and went to this link https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com only for it to ask for a username and password. this is as far as i can go and im literally at the end of my tether, please help...

Fix:

1) Open IE and go to: https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com

2) Here if you are using IE7 it will prompt you – “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.”

3) Next, Click – “Continue to this website (not recommended)”. However – this is okay, it is safe.

4) Look up top at your IE address bar – you will see “Certificate Error”. Click this box, then click “View Certificates”.

5) Press, “Install Certificate…”

6) Select the “Place all certificates in the following store”.

• SI Staff
Fix:

1) Open IE and go to: https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com

2) Here if you are using IE7 it will prompt you – “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.”

3) Next, Click – “Continue to this website (not recommended)”. However – this is okay, it is safe.

4) Look up top at your IE address bar – you will see “Certificate Error”. Click this box, then click “View Certificates”.

5) Press, “Install Certificate…”

6) Select the “Place all certificates in the following store”.

BTW, I know it's asking for U and P on that page - getting that sorted.

Yes its 9.1 After I installed Steam it updated automatically. The card I have is a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200. I have recently upgarded my RAM to 2GB from 512mb

Marc, have you any solutions??

Not seen a response from my 231 post.

Cheers.

Hi.

For those people who are struggling with freezing issues I have found a fix (It has been mentioned on other threads but it needs to be on here)

Put your view into 'windowed' mode (Can be done on main FM screen in preferences-Set windowed to default)

I have done this and it hasnt froze since :)

I know some people dont like the windowed view but to me I dont mind :)

• SI Staff
i have just went to the link you gave me https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com and all that comes up is the anchorsoft logo and something asking for a username and password, nothing prompting about “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.”

what are the options?

I've raised this via email now.

Archived