Known issues and solutions - FAQ

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is getting beyond a joke now it has to be said. Why couldn't they just do it like FM08 when u just bang the disk in and away you go? I keep getting error 10, and can't activate my keycode its a load of sh*t. People are saying i'm thinking of going to watchdog etc well why the hell not? Your paying for something your not getting

I tend to agree with the Celt. I have tried everything they have asked and am still siting with a useless product.

You wouldn't buy a hi-fi and be expect to sit for three days online, in a chat room and discuss with all and sundry how to get the bloody thing working.

**** poor (that would be piesh poor ya hopeless rude word filter)

Anyone fancy helping us with the 10 error????getting seriously knarcked off now

Hi.

To all who are getting the -10 error, our protection provider has found a cause for this problem & is working on a fix as we speak. We estimate that we should be able to provide that sometime in the next few hours.

Hey Rees, any more on error -51?

Tried all this but no further ahead.

Error: You are receiving the Error [-51] / [-52] message

Fix: You need to delete the certificates and re-activate the game

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game

2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation program and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

Note: If the above does not fix it – please check the following:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data is not set to read only.

Also check that C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate are not set to read only!

To check if a file or folder is read only, please right click the folder and select ‘Properties’ from the dropdown, you should the see a box at the bottom called Attributes – please ensure this is unticked or does not have a green square inside.

Another way it could happen is if there is another instance of FM.exe or Activator.exe holding onto our certificate. In this case - the user should check the process list to see if another instance of FM.exe is open. If so - close it first.

To do this you need to open Task Manager (right click TaskBar, or CTRL+ALT+DEL), sort the Image Name column by clicking on it and identifying if Activator.exe or FM.exe are running. If they are highlight and click ‘End Task’

Hi.

To all who are getting the -10 error, our protection provider has found a cause for this problem & is working on a fix as we speak. We estimate that we should be able to provide that sometime in the next few hours.

do u have an idea how long it will take o fix activation key problems?

Hi.

Erm what about this mate?

You are receiving the error: ‘FM2009 could not run as ‘facegen’ was unable to initialize!’

Fix: Please install the Patch, and ensure your graphics drivers are up to date

Well Ive checked my drivers and Ive got the latest version, so basically theres absolutely nothing I can do to run the game then????

YES! Fixed the "no connection" thing!!

My problem the last 3 days was my firewall... thought I had tuned it of, but after playing with it I found out how to disconnect it correct. I have Comodo firewall if anyone has the same problem...

Thanks for all your support over the last 3 days!

hi i installed fm09 on unilok as it would not install on steam.

first time round it finished installing and came up installation complete but there are errors or something like that. anyway started the game up fine, everything was working until i came to my first match, the game then froze when i clicked submit team. so i tried to restart it but could not, the disc would come up in my disk drive but would not run. eventually i figured out how to uninstall the game then i reinstalled it.

it came up with installation complete but with errors again, however this time it will not run.

can some please help with this problem?

hi, my game freezes and becomes unresponsive when i try and play a match or click on a result to see match info, the demo worked fine on my comp and i didnt have any trouble with it at all, i'm not able to put it in windowed mode for sum reason, and i am currently on the lowest resolution

thanks

I was playing the game (slowly) via steam, I have changed it to play in windows but when I load I get "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." The data error signature is "AppName: fm.exe AppVer 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm.exe ModVer:9.1.0.26064 Offset 00fdc281" Does that mean I have error 281, if so I'll do all it states on P1, if not can you PM what I have to do now please?

Thanks in advance (hitting the sack now)

Peter

When i go to play a match, the window minimises and i get the message 'DirectSound Error: -2004287480' and then football manager just closes itself. I have tried restarting my computer but the same happens over again. Any help please?

For now the easy workaround is to disable sounds from the Preferences screen in game. You should look to update your sound card drivers though.

Erm what about this mate?

You are receiving the error: ‘FM2009 could not run as ‘facegen’ was unable to initialize!’

Fix: Please install the Patch, and ensure your graphics drivers are up to date

Well Ive checked my drivers and Ive got the latest version, so basically theres absolutely nothing I can do to run the game then????

Drop me a PM.

the games been working fine since the first night it was out but before it shut off while iw as playing on it and an error thing came up, but i just clicked ok without looking at it so i dont know what it was - stupid i know - and now when i click to go on the game the SoftAnchor activation screen comes up and when i put the code in it says "we were unable to process you unlock request"

urgent help needed please!

i'm sure it was an accident but the last time i posted this it was ignored so please reply to this one!

I am trying to find out if my computer's graphics card is good enough.

I have typed "dxdiag" into the run function, and gone into the display bit, and it says:

Name: SiS

Chip Type: Sis 661FX Rev 01

DAC Type: Internal

Approx Memory: 64MB

Am I doing this right? Is my card good enough to run FM09? And can I release memory by deleting old stuff? Basically can I run FM09 on this PC or do I have to buy a new one?

I am trying to find out if my computer's graphics card is good enough.

I have typed "dxdiag" into the run function, and gone into the display bit, and it says:

Name: SiS

Chip Type: Sis 661FX Rev 01

DAC Type: Internal

Approx Memory: 64MB

Am I doing this right? Is my card good enough to run FM09? And can I release memory by deleting old stuff? Basically can I run FM09 on this PC or do I have to buy a new one?

This is one of the chipsets that's causing us some problems at the moment. We've been trying to source some in but it's difficult as they are quite dated and not sold anywhere anymore. Once we get some in house (hopefully next week) we can take a closer look at them and see if there's anything we can do.

This is one of the chipsets that's causing us some problems at the moment. We've been trying to source some in but it's difficult as they are quite dated and not sold anywhere anymore. Once we get some in house (hopefully next week) we can take a closer look at them and see if there's anything we can do.

My computer must be nearly 5 years old now, is it worth just buying a new PC or do you think I will be able to play FM09 eventually?

And what is a chipset?

My computer must be nearly 5 years old now, is it worth just buying a new PC or do you think I will be able to play FM09 eventually?

And what is a chipset?

I mean the SiS brand that you have.

I would suggest sitting tight just for now and waiting for us to look into it rather than splashing out on a new computer right away. If that ends up being your only solution then we will say so, but we're hopeful we can get as many people going as possible.

If we do find some solutions, we won't know what performance will be like until we've got it up and running too... but each person is different in terms of what they're happy to accept with performance (i.e. the game may run slowly).

The game is running ridiculously slow for me and many other people have said the exact same.

Football manager 08 ran very well but this it sometimes needs about 5 clicks 2 respond. Dragging players into position on the tactics screen it stops and starts. "Glitches"

I have got a very quick Computer as i bought plenty of RAM last year. I have tried many things to Speed the game up but nothing is happening.

I Cannot believe this game has been released with soo many Problems

I mean the SiS brand that you have.

I would suggest sitting tight just for now and waiting for us to look into it rather than splashing out on a new computer right away. If that ends up being your only solution then we will say so, but we're hopeful we can get as many people going as possible.

If we do find some solutions, we won't know what performance will be like until we've got it up and running too... but each person is different in terms of what they're happy to accept with performance (i.e. the game may run slowly).

Ok, thanks mate. Your help is much appreciated. Do you know when and where you will be letting us know? I.e. shall I just check the news section on the SIgames website? Or will you just let us know on these forums?

My disc wont work in my DVD drive like a few others on the forums so I activated through Steam and Downloaded. The game loads up fine and I set my self up with a career. Everything is fine till I try to look at a teams Information screen and then the game locks up and no longer responds. Anybody else get this?

Been having the same problem game just freezes and i have to turn the computer off, let me no if you find a solution please and i'll do the same

Been having the same problem game just freezes and i have to turn the computer off, let me no if you find a solution please and i'll do the same

Have you installed the 9.1.0 patch? If not, you should do that as it improves compatibility for this particular issue. You should also make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date.

My mate and I want to play an online game but after following the instructions we both get the same "cannot find server" message. I think it has something to do with the port forwarding but that is a mystery to us both. Please can someone explain to me what I need to do in its most simple terms

Thanks

Has anything been discovered regarding the phone activation problem where you get through the activation succesfully then try to play the game and it asks you to activate agian??

Hi Vac,

I believe the guys at Uniloc are currently working on this issue but don't expect to have it resolved until at some point tomorrow.

Please accept our apologies in the meantime while you're waiting.

Archived