Manager stats increasing?

I was wondering if manager stats will ever increase. I know they will when I gain license levels but do they gain with experience/reputation? For example, I create a manager with the highest coaching badge but was a Sunday league player. Will he ever get better? Is the only way to have a top rated manager is by making him a former international star?

9 hours ago, jcp1417 said:

I was wondering if manager stats will ever increase. I know they will when I gain license levels but do they gain with experience/reputation? For example, I create a manager with the highest coaching badge but was a Sunday league player. Will he ever get better? Is the only way to have a top rated manager is by making him a former international star? 

your attributes will grow, it's not a quick process. I did my 7 year journey from polish lvl 4 to ekstraklasa and I saw a big increase. The badges will help but are not necessary.

How can I increase Level of Discipline? I'm not sure what I have to? All my attributes grow, just Adaptability and Level of Discipline are stuck at 1. I have been giving officioal warnings and fines when the players get red card, that doesn't help. I think I need to mange things differently when players come to me with their requests.

I talked to a friend and he managed to grow his LoD attribute but it's hard to say what is exactly reason for it. He was just overall strict with everything. His answers would be always, I'm the boss, I make the decisions around here, and he would demote players in the reserves, even the best ones. I hoping I don't really need to do that. I don't want my LoD attribute to be sky high, I just don't want it to be 1.

The LoD attribute will increase but you need to start off slowly in your career then increase the discipline as your career proceeds.  Be firm but fair and discipline where it is merited but dont throw discipline around when it is not justified.

9 hours ago, FrazT said:

Be firm but fair and discipline where it is merited but dont throw discipline around when it is not justified.

Can you give me examples, because I think I'm doing that but it is stuck at 1 after 10 seasons. I always give a fine or a warning for red cards, I would do it for missed training but my players never miss them. I never critisize or warn them for bad performance. How should I deal with player concerns, like when I player on a 4 year contract wants a new one? Usually I don't want to give them a new one so early so how should I react to get my LoD increasing, in those and similar situations?

IMO it’s about being fair. I always give a warning after a player is sent off for two yellows and fine for a straight red. After most games I look at the post match reports and praise any very good performances and criticise any <=6.4 performances. When I’m praising I try to make sure that I don’t praise the same players too often, for example, if my top scorer in three consecutive games is same player I don’t praise him each time.

I also praise and criticise at half time and at full time. Roughly weekly, I sort the team by training performance and criticise any <=6.4 performances. Roughly monthly, I praise the best training performances.

To my mind, unless you’re on a bad losing streak and are trying to lift morale, it’s a mistake to praise too often. How would you think if every week your boss told you that you were doing a great job? I suspect you’d think he was taking the Michael.

If somebody on a four year contract asks for a new one have a look at the reply options. Which one would you give in the real world? Personally, I tell them that there’s plenty of time left on the existing contract. Although they could certainly be improved, I don’t think that the options to talk to players are too bad. Just think about what you would say in the real world and don’t try to be too clever.

26 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

If somebody on a four year contract asks for a new one have a look at the reply options. Which one would you give in the real world? Personally, I tell them that there’s plenty of time left on the existing contract. Although they could certainly be improved, I don’t think that the options to talk to players are too bad. Just think about what you would say in the real world and don’t try to be too clever.

That is what I'm doing. I try to give answers that I would give them in real life. I would usually choose that they have plenty of time on their contract, though sometimes I'm willing to give them a new one if they have featured in my first team for a year and vastly improved so they deserve one. I don't think I'm being unfair otherwise I would get a lot of unhappy players.

I never criticise or praise players for performances, neither in training or in matches. Maybe I'l try that at least occasianally.

Archived