Why does everyone want to join PSG

Seriously, at the moment about 6 of my squad have had bids in by PSG and every single one handed in a transfer request when I rejected it (all below their asking price as well). I have one player in the last 12 months of his contract and hes refusing to sign a new deal now because PSG are interested.

For reference my team with these players have won 4 out of 5 in the champions league and 5 in a row in the league along with a few FA Cups leageue cup etc. All the players are on over 250k bar one or two of the younger lads.  The teams current rep (using in the ingame editor) is the max 10,000. Ranked no. 1 for reputation & in the UEFA rankings

PSG have won the french league all 5 years but thats to be expected. They havnt got past the quarter finals in the CL and 3 out of the 5 years came bottom of their group. Their rep is just over 7000 and are ranked 12 in the UEFA rankings and 15th in the reputation rankings.

Its so frustrating that literally more than half of my starting 11 want to join them. Its not realistic for so many players to want to join what is clearly a worse club, 1 or maybe 2 but this is most of the team.

I am spending so much of my time as a relationship manager to these players who are now unhappy and handing in requests on such a regular basis. It really ruins the fun of the game

15 minutes ago, john1 said:

Probably due to club status or wages they offer to the players.

Nope on both, 4.5 star with PSG im at 5 star.

Wage wise they still have Neymar who on 775k but nobody else is on over 200k. The majority of these guys are all on over that, one is even on 375k which nobody bar one is being offered at PSG

When players approach you, they'll tell you why they want a move, whether it's more money, a better club or league, being a more important member of the team etc.

12 hours ago, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

Also on this Juve will come in with a loan offer for every player who hands in a transfer request too

Yeah well that's probably what happens in real life tbh, Juve do great in the market.

Transfer requests don't tend to happen as much in reality as clubs irl are more accepting of their positions in the food chain than we are as players (because after all its our fantasy and for most of us that means shaking up the existing order to get our favourite / chosen club to the top).

All the games I have played in FM19 so far, PSG have been hyper-aggressive, constantly offering lowball bids and unsettling players and this is all, as you have experienced too, despite them not having won anything of note in my saves for years and being lower ranked and in a lower rep division.

Experiencing with the editor, ongoing or longterm interest 'carries over'. 

For example: Bayern handed in an offer for a star player of mine. I reduced their reputation to zero and gave them tons of debt. The player still threw a fit and wanted to join them. It took a while until the player dropped his concern afterwards and the sudden change in club-power registered to him. 

Especially clubs like PSG often have interest long before an offer. I could imagine the player already has entered the 'is interested' program then that gets fully triggered once the offer itself comes. If I remember my rise to the top, the jump between 'world class' (like PSG) and 'in a class of their own' (like your team) takes a good time.

Add how Paris is an attractive city, that France has a comparatively good league and PSG also swims in money, the destination sure looks attractive. Signing fees are bound to be good and the mere existance of Neymar will temporarily cloud quite a few heads — They come from another top team and probably think of themselves to be in a similar category deserving similar wages. 

That players *then* transfer for lower wages and refuse to even hear counter offers with massive loyalty bonuses is an entirely different beast, though.

Archived