[FM19] Youth Only in Catalonia with Sant Andreu

MarcxD

November 2041

november

Still going very strong, the best first half of a season so far. Not jinxing it with one more month before the mid-point..

november-league-table

Barca back to form so only 3 points behind, but the 15 points lead on both Celta and Real Madrid are lovely.

National Team

november-spain

november-spain-group

Did what we had to do. Now let's see if we can go for the world cup next year.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

December 2041

december

december-cwc-win

Not quite as good as the previous months but the only loss was unimportant and we have won the Club World Cup again.

december-CL-group

december-CL-draw

Not the easiest of draws...

december-league-table

Still looking good for the lead. Deportivo and Zaragoza surprisingly strong this season, while Real Madrid is somewhere down in mid-table land.

december-1200

National Team

december-world-cup-draw

Should be an easy enough start to our world cup run.

december-spain-best-eleven

december-spain-best-eleven-overall

Edited by MarcxD

January 2042

january

Overall a very strong month, barely conceding and gaining points... Should be able to win at home against Real Madrid to make it to the cup final.

january-league-table

Very strong run from Barca, will have to keep winning to keep up with them if this continues.

january-sacking

Was the best manager last year, supposedly. :D

january-transfers

Three players leaving on loan. 

February 2042

february

We did manage to get the win against Real Madrid so on to the cup final. A chaotic game against PSG but with this result we are still looking decent to go through. The only real disappointment was a sudden 0-4 loss against Athletic?! Just a total off-day.

february-league-table

But as Barca has lost twice recently we are looking better in the standings than before.

March 2042

march

A strong home performance against PSG and yeah we are through. A few points dropped at the end of the month in games we really should've won easily.

march-league-table

Barca totally flopping currently so nothing to worry about.

march-CL-draw

Sigh, not happy with this draw... 

National Team

march-spain

Not particularly promising in the friendlies three months ahead of the world cup... these are both top 10 nations but still.

Youth Intake

march-youth-intake

march-youth-intake-2

Well a bunch of foreign players including two Andorrans. Too bad they are all pretty bad. Refojos is the best Andorran so far but that's not saying much. At least most have good personalities. Oriol Maestro is a good name for the best talent of the bunch but there's still no worldie in there, most likely.

march-yp24a

march-yp24b

April - May 2042

may

We were continuing what we did until we were completely found out by Barcelona, not once but twice. Ouch.

Also lost the cup final, for the second year in a row...

In may we were dropping points like crazy, which made the title race way too close.

may-league-table

In the end it was just enough to get our fourth title, though!

Season Review 2041-2042

post-season-season-review

Very strong in the league, especially in the first half of the season. Very poor to go out of the CL with a 6-0 defeat though... 

Have now won a major trophy for 6 years in a row, but winning both the league and the CL in the same year remains elusive.

post-season-toty

post-season-topscorer

post-season-topscorer-3

Once again my striker on loan has become topscorer...

post-season-talentoty

post-season-poty

post-season-gkoty

post-season-moty

post-season-squad

Three renewals this year have uppedthe wages again, as they are now all on 10M per year or more - Carles, Ferran Cos and Carmelo Ruiz.

post-season-best-eleven

post-season-best-eleven-overall

post-season-table

Carles should become all-time topscorer next season.

World Cup 2042 Prep

world-cup-squad

world-cup-squad-2

I have been using more Sant Andreu players for the past year or so - and 9 have made it in the final squad. It would've been 10 if Carmelo Ruiz didn't get injured just before the tournament...

All the aging players are left out, and everyone is now under 30.

world-cup-friendlies

Two easy wins in the pre-tournament friendlies, hopefully delivering some good morale.

Nice to have the treble for Sant Andreu and it seems that it's getting better for them to prove the ground, thanks to these titles!

As for the 2042 World Cup, I will watch out for it!:D

But before that, I want to see the glimpse of the other groups. The draw wasn't so bad, but facing Canada and Ivory Coast would be easy to beat!

World Cup 2042 Second Round

world-cup-3

Oh, wow. Hugely disappointing to go out, and not even undeservedly so. Poor.

world-cup-4

world-cup-5

Wow, the Spanish FA is harsh. After winning Euro 2040, Nations League and Confed Cup in 2041 they have now sacked me after the first time I haven't won a trophy. Damn.

13 minutes ago, sherwinriga said:

Nice to have the treble for Sant Andreu and it seems that it's getting better for them to prove the ground, thanks to these titles!

As for the 2042 World Cup, I will watch out for it!:D

But before that, I want to see the glimpse of the other groups. The draw wasn't so bad, but facing Canada and Ivory Coast would be easy to beat!

Thank you :thup:

1 minute ago, MarcxD said:

World Cup 2042 Second Round

world-cup-3

Oh, wow. Hugely disappointing to go out, and not even undeservedly so. Poor.

world-cup-4

world-cup-5

Wow, the Spanish FA is harsh. After winning Euro 2040, Nations League and Confed Cup in 2041 they have now sacked me after the first time I haven't won a trophy. Damn.

Come on! That's not the time to make things right in that national team!:seagull:

We'll see who will be the next head coach of Spain and probably the rest of the tournament.

Pre-Season 2042

pre-season-tv-money

pre-season

Not really the most inspiring opposition but some wins for morale and fitness.

pre-season-prediction

pre-season-transfers

29-year old central defender Gerard sold to celtic as younger players are better... Josep Lluis on another big loan, now abroad. Don't really want to lose him permanently, just in case I lose Ferran Cos or even Carles to some insane bid.

August - September 2042

august

Not a great start with a loss immediately, equally not the most convincing performance in the supercup even though we won.

august-CL-draw

september

Still not in the best form in september, need to get there soon or it's going to be tough to go for another title run in this tough league.

september-league-table

5 points behind Barcelona, I don't suspect Atletico will keep this up.

October - December 2042

october

Drawing away at Real Madrid and Celta is not bad, but the points dropped do add up.

november

A strong run of results including an important win against Barca but then the points dropped against Zaragoza and Sevilla negate all that again. At least we are good in the CL so far.

december

Pretty decent month to finish the year out with, although we did lose top position in the CL group.

december-league-table

It seems I was wrong when I said Atlético wouldn't keep it up, as they are now 11 points ahead of us. Need a strong second half to make something of this.

december-CL-group

december-CL-draw

January - March 2043

january

Fantastic start to the new year, getting through the cup rounds easily and beating league leaders Atlético away in the league.

january-award

february

Still a good performance albeit not quite as strong in february. Should've got the home win in the CL, making life overly difficult. Also lost the win streak in the league.

march

Absolutely terrible- of course we can lose to Real Madrid but out of the CL and I don't even know what happened in the Las Palmas game. Oof. Came back with some decent results after that though, so it's not like we're completely out of form.

march-league-table

With the other top teams also being extremely inconsistent, all the top 5 teams can still win the title. Or lose CL qualification. 

Youth Intake 2043

march-youth-intake

A few players with some promise, but overall not the best intake.

march-yp25a

That determination..

march-yp25b

Some promising things here but 157 cm, 46 kg, jumping reach 1 and strength 1 is not exactly ideal even for an AML.

march-yp25c

Most all-round ofthe talents, but as an AMC he will need to be retrained.

Love this career so much. What I dislike the most about FM is that once you win CL it is very easy to keep winning it again and again but in youth challenge it is still hard and challenging so it makes (at least for me) very interesting read even though you already won everything.

19 hours ago, scarp said:

Love this career so much. What I dislike the most about FM is that once you win CL it is very easy to keep winning it again and again but in youth challenge it is still hard and challenging so it makes (at least for me) very interesting read even though you already won everything.

Thank you! Normally winning the CL is an end point for me in saves so it's been fun to continue afterwards. Especially as it's indeed much harder to strengthen the team / stay at that level continuously.

April - May 2043

april

Almost a perfect month, except for the disappointing result against Zaragoza. Think we've been unable to win both games against them this season...

april-pom

april-league-table

Every point counts....

may

And well we did very well, almost as much as you could ask for....

may-league-table

But in the end it hasn't been enough. Second on goal difference :( First Real Madrid title in 11 years...

But just look at that top 5. That is some insane level of close competition. 5 Horse race!

may-cup-win

At least we did get a trophy this season, second cup win this save. 

Edited by MarcxD

Season Review 2042-2043

post-season-season-review

Bad start to the season and while we had some very strong months in 2043 we just lacked a bit of consistence. But, so did all the other teams. More disappointing really was the quick drop out of the Champions League.

post-season-toty

post-season-topscorer

post-season-poty

post-season-moty

post-season-gkoty

post-season-squad

post-season-best-eleven

post-season-best-eleven-overall

post-season-table

Carles is now finally the all-time topscorer, and it may be that Jaume Ruiz won't hold on to that all time appearance maker record as Jaume Roca is gaining quickly as he plays pretty much every game in goal.

25 Seasons in the pocket. Longest stint I've had at a single club maybe ever for me.

Pre-Season 2043

pre-season-tv-money

pre-season-odds

pre-season-transfers

At this kind of sum I just thought I needed to sell. So it's goodbye to Carles, and now it will be up to Ferran Cos and Josep Lluis to score goals. The other most notable deal is veteran defender Josep Fernandez leaving as he is no longer necessary and would just take playing time away from younger players.

pre-season

Good stuff generally in the pre-season friendlies.

August - September 2043

august-1300

august

We won the supercup again, and a decent start in the league as well.

september

A very strong september in the league, perfect without conceding any goals - including wins over Barcelona and Real Madrid. Not perfect anymore in the CL, but I'm not going to let that spoil my fun.

september-league-table

• 1 month later...

October - December 2043

Busy times for me so just the month break between this and the last update. Oops. Have just not felt like playing FM in a while either. But I can't be having a thread end mid-season so here we go.

october

november

december

december-league-table

Sweet season in the league so far :) Let's just forget about what happened in the cup.

december-CL-group

december-CL-draw

december-testimonial

january-takeover

Taken over nothing changed of note.