First window budgets

First window budgets  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

9 minutes ago, Tarrantino said:

No because that’s how the squads are as of 1st September when all the windows are closed. You get an injury it’s just like real life you have to deal with it. 

I think in real life, if a team's star striker snapped his ACL in pre-season they'd probably like the option to sign someone else...

53 minutes ago, Tarrantino said:

No because that’s how the squads are as of 1st September when all the windows are closed. You get an injury it’s just like real life you have to deal with it. 

It's not though, if you start a game now you'll start with a different squad than what the club did in real life. Do you refuse to play January signings until the date they signed on.

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's not though, if you start a game now you'll start with a different squad than what the club did in real life. Do you refuse to play January signings until the date they signed on.

I was going on the premise of picking the game up in November/December and starting a game. 

1 hour ago, gunner86 said:

I think in real life, if a team's star striker snapped his ACL in pre-season they'd probably like the option to sign someone else...

I start the season on the eve of first game so you don’t have that problem. 

Most researchers will have adjusted the first window budget in terms of available transfer budget based upon player purchase / player wages made up until the window closes

The option is available so its simply up to the realism level you want to play with at the start

I tend not to have them on, as I like to have at least 6 months, if not a full season with the original squad so I can see what I can get out of them.

If I know the team really well though I'll tend to play with them enabled - for example every year I have a Man Utd save and I'm a supporter so I know their squad really well, so there's no point waiting around to slog through a season with the current crop of abysmal defenders like in real life when I can get rid of the Smalling-Jones Unsackable Complex immediately. 

I leave it enabled, but I'd like an intermediate option of, say, 1 transfer in and 1 transfer out per club so that you don't get the inevitable PSG splurging €150m at the beginning of every save but it still allows you to bring in a player if your squad is too thin

Archived