Winter Transfer Update Player Attribute Changes

I can't really comment on the hyperbole @benefactor_r in my own saves with detail levels on high in many countries I can often see England, and English teams, not win anything. Equally, I understand that the finances available to English teams, which are accurate ultimately means in a game it does gravitate towards stronger players ending up in games so it can very easily snowball towards favouring English teams in saves. I've seen it go both ways.

Perhaps I can help you understand it further.

Why would a player who has played just 30 games in their career at the top level of football be rated higher than a player who has played close to 10 times that amount? You're comparing Piatek in 2019 to the equivalent of Harry Kane in 2014, and asking why Piatek in 2019 isn't rated equal to Harry Kane in 2019. 

It's like asking why if you save 10 euros a month, and you've been saving it for just 1 year, you haven't got as much as the guy who's been saving 10 euros a month for 5 years. 

- - -

Ultimately you're being utterly unreasonable in your assertion, and you're stating it should be a certain way because of your own bias. Let go of your conspiracy theory, and stop thinking it makes some clever point to patronisingly downplay Harry Kane in some way to prove your point because it does nothing other than come across as childish.

If you want to get involved in the process, then grow up and put together thoughts in a coherent manner that actually have a basis in reality. 

I can tell you what sits at the end of this path: derision, being ignored and people just glossing over your remarks with no one ever giving them the time of the day. Meanwhile, the people that make insightful posts, that make tangible contributions to the improvement of the data, to the improvement of the game, they get nice stuff. This doesn't mean they're people who just say everything positive and they're fanboys of SI, it means they provide workable information. They get asked to help on the research team if they help with data, some who help with other things get invited to participate in betas for the game. If you want to sit on the outside crying foul and clinging to your flat-earth conspiracy equivalent of FM then have at it mate, you'll just be left feeling bitter and disappointed.

It is not a conspiracy theory as there is no conspiracy. It is an English company not willing to rethink concerns of its non-English customers for years now. Luckily there is an editor, although it is tiring to decrease PA and CA of all English players by 20 points before the game becomes playable.

Also, let's see CLEAR methodology why is some random English dude Kane rated with over 180 CA and PA, and how it COMPARES with other strikers. Clear comparisons and clear arguments? And more importantly, according to what methodology is Kane's PA higher than Piatek's PA? Here we are not talking only about current performance but about potential performance and long-term development.

And if you want "constructive" input from customers (who are systematically shunned here on every mention of bias), decreasing PA and CA of ALL English players would be a good starting point before the debate can even begin. Of course, such debate would depend on the goodwill of the customers to provide unpaid feedback further.

Finally, the best we, the customers who love the game, can hope for is that the developers will have a serious meeting about bias in the database, and listen to the concerns.

Just now, benefactor_r said:

It is not a conspiracy theory as there is no conspiracy. It is an English company not willing to rethink concerns of its non-English customers for years now. Luckily there is an editor, although it is tiring to decrease PA and CA of all English players by 20 points before the game becomes playable.

Also, let's see CLEAR methodology why is some random English dude Kane rated with over 180 CA and PA, and how it COMPARES with other strikers. Clear comparisons and clear arguments? And more importantly, according to what methodology is Kane's PA higher than Piatek's PA? Here we are not talking only about current performance but about potential performance and long-term development.

In advance of santy's reply:

This is Kane's record over 5 years at club and international level:

1iLG9jc.png

His record at the top level is unrivalled and extremely consistent.

This is Piatek's record at a similar level:

rREeB47.png

A fantastic record, but let's wait and see whether he can replicate it over more than one season and also at a continental and international level. From what I've seen of it so far, he's got everything in hand to do so, but he's not quite there just yet.

Also, let me challenge your reasoning a little bit - "let's see CLEAR methodology why is some random Polish dude Piatek rated with over 140 CA and PA, and how it COMPARES with other strikers. Clear comparisons and clear arguments? And more importantly, according to what methodology is Piatek's PA that high? Here we are not talking only about current performance but about potential performance and long-term development." If you're not trolling, which I suspect you are, can you provide it yourself to substantiate your argument?

As I said before, there's only one option that's left when you just won't post anything comprehensible or something that makes even a basic level of sense @benefactor_r and that is ultimately to just ignore it. This thread isn't the place for me to eviscerate your point and elaborate in all the ways in which you're wrong. Let's put it this way: The FM process doesn't boil down to comparing players to an England international. 

@Mons has gone into more detail that should suffice why its a reasonable conclusion. I'm already at the point though where I don't feel like you've got anything of value to add to the debate, which is a shame. Discussing data is one of the things I enjoy most when on the forums because it's an enormously engaging thing to try and recreate a player within a game.

- - -

Back to the topic at hand, for anyone who has broad level questions about attributes I'm always happy to answer them. Sometimes it can be useful to have that extra bit of information. 

It's also important to realise that CA/PA isn't everything. A player can still perform well with a lower CA. A lower CA player can still outperform a higher CA player. A lower CA player can still be better or the same as a higher CA player. Attributes, their distribution and hidden attributes all matter here. Don't make the mistake of blindly staring at CA.

Not that I agree or disagree with any of these opinions, but this has gone heavily off-topic and people came here for CA/PA updates, not to read comparisons between players.

Anyway, looking at Barcelona, I've noticed a nice bump to Malcom's CA, not sure about the PA. Arthur looks like he has some world class PA. Lenglet also got buffed, not sure how much. Maybe someone can take a look?

I'm surprised Bale didn't get his CA reduced, while Sanchez and Lukaku did. 

That's all I've noticed so far

2 hours ago, santy001 said:

As I said before, there's only one option that's left when you just won't post anything comprehensible or something that makes even a basic level of sense @benefactor_r and that is ultimately to just ignore it. This thread isn't the place for me to eviscerate your point and elaborate in all the ways in which you're wrong. Let's put it this way: The FM process doesn't boil down to comparing players to an England international. 

@Mons has gone into more detail that should suffice why its a reasonable conclusion. I'm already at the point though where I don't feel like you've got anything of value to add to the debate, which is a shame. Discussing data is one of the things I enjoy most when on the forums because it's an enormously engaging thing to try and recreate a player within a game.

- - -

Back to the topic at hand, for anyone who has broad level questions about attributes I'm always happy to answer them. Sometimes it can be useful to have that extra bit of information. 

Lovely, go ahead and ignore customers who provide feedback on overrated English players. It is a usual practice here anyway, with many threads being closed when the game was published, ignoring and insulting customers who dedicated their time to raise their concerns without any incentives in return. Ignore Piatek's and Kane's PA as well...

Once again, the debate cannot even start until CA and PA of all English players are radically re-worked at some meeting of senior SI staff.

14 minutes ago, benefactor_r said:

Lovely, go ahead and ignore customers who provide feedback on overrated English players. It is a usual practice here anyway, with many threads being closed when the game was published, ignoring and insulting customers who dedicated their time to raise their concerns without any incentives in return. Ignore Piatek's and Kane's PA as well...

Once again, the debate cannot even start until CA and PA of all English players are radically re-worked at some meeting of senior SI staff.

Okay, I am drawing the line. If you can't have a civil debate, don't post. The researchers have been letting you into how things work in a civil way. Respond in the same way or leave it.

42 minutes ago, Mitza said:

I'm surprised Bale didn't get his CA reduced, while Sanchez and Lukaku did. 

Different researchers, different opinions. Can't speak too much for Bale myself, but I can say that a lack of game time doesn't necessarily warrant a decrease in CA. 

Sometimes its simply a case of being fairly confident a manager is not getting the best out of a player, which clearly could have been the case with Solari at Real Madrid (and seemed to be the case with many of the players as an outsider looking in) compared to the situation at Man Utd where Sanchez and Lukaku seem to have featured less as a result of performances rather than something down to the manager himself.

There's different arguments to make, and of course losing Ronaldo has had a huge impact on Real Madrid but I suspect the question more comes down to whether as the researcher you believe its manager induced poor performances or player induced.

10 hours ago, FrazT said:

Please remember, as was asked earlier in the thread, to use spoilers when discussing players actual PA/CA numbers- attributes are OK to mention.

Sorry. How do you do it through a mobile phone? I cant see a button for it.

• FrazT locked this topic

Archived